Hercules (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Entertainment Store Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Our friends at Entertainment Store are pleased to announce their latest exclusive Steelbook release: Hercules.

*Includes 2D & 3D

Release date: December 1st, 2014
Pre-order link Pre-orders will go live on Friday 5th September. (Sold out)
Group Buy: Naughtius Maximus or Masterblaster or Hubmuswell
Notes: Limited to 1000 copies, Region Free

Artwork and finish details:
• Zero finish
• The white plates are very dense so what you see as in the packshots, will be white on the steelbook, not shiny.

01.jpg

02.jpg 03.jpg
hd01.jpg
hd02.jpg

In the meantime, our full range of Steelbooks is available here:http://www.play.com/stores/EntertainmentStore/Steelbooks

The Entertainment Store has been trading on RakutenPlay.comandeBayMarketplaces since 2013 and is proud to retail only authentic and high quality Entertainment goods, delivered to customers direct from the Studio and Publishers.

Last edited:
@HUBMUSWELL

It was for its UK cinema release that the cuts were made. However, Paramount also submitted the cut version to the BBFC for the film's home entertainment release. I assume they thought it wasn't worth the time, effort or money to re-instate those cuts.

You may recall that exactly the same thing happened a couple of years ago with Universal's UK release of "Immortals".

I would have thought the distributor would have made that extra effort for the Blu-ray release...Oh well...

Reactions: augustus
I read somewhere else today that this could be like WORLD WAR Z where the 3D disc was censored but the 2D was uncut.

It's a long shot, but is there any chance this could be the same?

Can anyone confirm if BOTH discs are cut please?? :/

Reactions: augustus
@BluSteel2012

From the BBFC's website:-

"This film was originally seen for advice in an incomplete form. The company was informed that it was likely to be classified 15, but that their preferred 12A could be achieved by reducing some bloody detail in three scenes. When the finished version was submitted for formal classification, those moments had been addressed."

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/hercules-2014

When considering which edition to get, you should also bear in mind that the German and French Steelbooks, as well as being uncut and containing both 2D & 3D discs, also contain a bonus Blu-ray disc of extras not included in the UK one.

Since all three releases are from Paramount, it's another example, along with that of that of the "Transformers 4" 2D/3D issue, of that particular company treating its UK consumers differently to its European ones.

@Ronnie3067

Those are merely the differences between the Standard and Extended versions of the movie, both of which are included in most international releases of this title.

The UK version was actually cut, due to its violence, to achieve a more audience friendly rating, as detailed above (#254).

@HUBMUSWELL

It was for its UK cinema release that the cuts were made. However, Paramount also submitted the cut version to the BBFC for the film's home entertainment release. I assume they thought it wasn't worth the time, effort or money to re-instate those cuts.

You may recall that exactly the same thing happened a couple of years ago with Universal's UK release of "Immortals".

Damn man. You are one knowledgeable dude. RESPECT!!

I read somewhere else today that this could be like WORLD WAR Z where the 3D disc was censored but the 2D was uncut.

It's a long shot, but is there any chance this could be the same?

Can anyone confirm if BOTH discs are cut please?? :/

@BluSteel2012

According to the BBFC site, both the 2D & 3D home video releases of this title have been given a 12 certificate.

This would tend to confirm that the cuts had not been re-instated when the film was re-submitted to the BBFC for classification of the home entertainment release. Otherwise, it would have been given a 15 certificate, as per their earlier statement on the subject.

The timings of both the 2D & 3D listings, on the BBFC site, are also shown as being 98 mins long which, if correct, means that the UK is not even getting the Extended Cut, merely a censored version of the international Theatrical Cut. Perhaps someone here, who has the UK release, can check the timings of the discs and confirm what they are.

Like you, I'll be keeping my eye on the German release, hoping for a substantial price reduction in the not too distant future.

Last edited:
I would recommend you drop an email to them - in fairness, they are really good at getting back to you. They have recently been issuing pre paid return labels too. I would suggest asking for a replacement whilst it is still in stock :thumbs:

Sorry for late reply, yeah dealt with them recently to replace both my Transformers 4 steels and were hassle free...CHEERS MATE

• Helpful Post
Reactions: PKAVFC
Watched mine at the weekend.... rather enjoyed it.... good Saturday night popcorn movie! TBH, from what I've read, the cuts are minimum... the film leaves little to the imagination in it's current state anyway. Glad I went for this one. Cheers