HMV / Xtra-Vision - SteelBook Retailer Thread [UK/Ireland]

This is a general thread to discuss your experiences with this retailer in regards to ordering and receiving Steelbooks. As of 8/29/2013, the site says they are working on improved website.

images

Important:

This store ships UK/IRELAND ONLY.

HMV UK : http://www.xtra-vision.co.uk/Search/Results?term=steelbook
HMV IRE: http://www.xtra-vision.ie/Search/Results?term=steelbook OR http://www.hmv.ie/Search/Results?term=steelbook

Typical example of packaging:
63qlg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I recieved Jaws in an envelope wrapped in bubblewrap. It was in perfect condition. I've never had a problem with HMV. It usually only takes about 7-10 days to receive my orders.

I always thought they were quite good with there stiff cardboard packaging. Off course they are not as good as Play now but they aren't as bad as some. If they send in envelopes then that is poor but I've yet to receive one like that luckily.

Received Avengers steelbook today. In a cardboard box, but still a huge dent and a big scratch on the spine. This is my last HMV order... Cancelled Amazing Spiderman. Will buy from amazon.fr

Now I have to sent the steelbook back to HMV UK, wait until it's processed and then I will receive a new one (if still in stock). Will take about 3 weeks I think!

:angry::angry::angry:

I sent one of my Avengers back due to the old spine slash problem. Have to say since they have moved they seem to be speedier on returns. Sent it back on Wednesday and got an email Thursday saying they had it and were sending a replacement which was also posted yesterday. Ok it shouldn't have a slash mark to begin with but I can't fault how it was dealt with.

I complained about the Avengers too and am sending it back.

I do hope others take the time to drop HMV an email about the quality issues and bubble warpped envelopes.

Im amazed how bad there delivery time is, I had an order from them shipped out on Wednesday and nothing yet I made an order with amazon.de the same day and its sitting on my desk EEK!
HMV's new warehouse is in the town where I have them delivered BTW :hilarious:

Chip + co

I would have thought you'd get the HMV steels via a UK Ninja? Saves all that trouble - its bad enough UK members getting dented SB's, let alone our friends across the pond!!

I'm quite lucky, all my HMV copies so far have turned up mint. Though I've cancelled most of my orders as I'd rather pop into my local store.

Chip + co

I would have thought you'd get the HMV steels via a UK Ninja? Saves all that trouble - its bad enough UK members getting dented SB's, let alone our friends across the pond!!

I'm quite lucky, all my HMV copies so far have turned up mint. Though I've cancelled most of my orders as I'd rather pop into my local store.

Thats the plan going forward. I cancelled 4 huge orders.

If it wasnt for the 20% off w/e I wouldnt have anything on order for me or anyone else with them as I work about 200m from the main Birmingham store but 20% is 20% ;)

Reactions: roseart
Cabin in the Woods

Just got this,

Dear hmv Customer,

We are writing to you in relation to your order for the following item:

Cat.No: LGB94935A Barcode: 5060223768007 &nb sp;
Artist: GODDARD-DIR, DREW: KRISTEN CONNOLLY: CHRIS HEMSWORTH
Title : CABIN IN THE WOODS: HMV EXCLUSIVE: STEELBOOK

It has come to our attention that the supplier, due to a manufacturing fault, has recalled the item.

In order to resolve the issue, the manufacturer will supply us, hmv, with replacement discs, which we will post to you. We hope to have the replacement disc with you in approximately two weeks.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused. We are working closely with the manufacturer to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.

Please feel free to contact us if you require further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Online Customer Service Team

2 more steelbooks from my order arrived yesterday. Result= 2 more badly dented steels. :angry:

I can't understand what the **** they are thinking sending in a envelope. The bubblewrap is like flat and non working. Its the worst packaging I have seen since collecting steelbooks 2 years ago. I am going to have about 20 dented steels by the time this is over with. I wish I could email them. They dont even have a easy way to email on their site. I am just pissed!!!! :angry:

2 more steelbooks from my order arrived yesterday. Result= 2 more badly dented steels. :angry:

I can't understand what the **** they are thinking sending in a envelope. The bubblewrap is like flat and non working. Its the worst packaging I have seen since collecting steelbooks 2 years ago. I am going to have about 20 dented steels by the time this is over with. I wish I could email them. They dont even have a easy way to email on their site. I am just pissed!!!! :angry:

Erm...

Home page > help > 'drop us an email'

We aim to respond to email enquiries within 48 hours. If you have any enquiry relating to the hmv web site - [email protected]

Pretty easy if you ask me.