Release date: October 24, 2016
Purchase link: Hostel
Price: £12.99

11323264-7024408627220244.JPG

11323264-7514408627422828.JPG

11323264-4734408627332150.JPG

11323264-1304408627390545.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks pretty decent - the outside and the inside - with images totally related to each other across the front and back and all in that matching blood red colour (as if everything has been photographed through a red filter).
Now, where's its soulmate SAW hiding?
hostel_4.jpg

A very similar set up can be seen at the HOSTEL maze at Universal Studios:-

. . . and no worse than the image used for the 2014 German steelbook cover (by ART MACHINE):-
45395_large.jpg

. . . a steelbook that was very well priced but marred by excessive print on both front and back and no inside art of any kind.

I was going to write that a couple of the other official poster choices are maybe a bit too "strong" for a 2016 steelbook cover but then I remembered the upcoming DRILLER KILLER steelbook and Amaray release . . . lol . . . an image high up on the list of offensive covers and an image that was one reason the video was banned here in the UK.

#1. Poster design by ART MACHINE with photography by RICO TORRES (similar image used on the 2006 U.K. BD cover) -------- #2. Poster design by ART MACHINE

Not forgetting at least one of the girls:-
bn99.jpg

HOSTEL's Barbara Nedeljakova

One of those modern horror films (including his first film CABIN FEVER) that is a "cut above" most of its so-called rivals and 4 out of 5 stars in my viewing notes - for this and CABIN FEVER - in contrast to most modern films of that ilk that I have down as 1 or 2 out of 5.

. . . and finally:-
http://mentalfloss.com/article/78372/11-intense-facts-about-hostel

That drill poster is actually the one I wanted. I have the poster actually.

I'm with you buddy! It was the same with Cabin Fever and Wolf Creek, both under £10 so I ordered then with discount. I be doing the same for this, and still not biting with The Mist at £14.99, one of my fav horror movies.

Cabin fever is one of my favourite modern horrors and I still waited over a year for £5.99. These films are just are not worth £9.99 or more IMO even if I like them or not. Plus cabin fever was riddled with marks on all the steels.

I'll be doing the same for the mist too. I'll bite at £7.99

Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
SEX TRAFFICKING is well documented and goes going back at least 100 years although it's more usual to read stories nowadays about the sexual exploitation of underage peoples than stories about adult white women being forced into a life of prostitution.

HUMAN TRAFFICKING is said to involve a figure of up to 800,000 people a year, over 50% of which are women and girls (with one source listing this figure at up to 79%).

WHITE SLAVERY goes back to at least Roman times (as seen in these famous films and others less famous: TEN COMMANDMENTS 1956, BEN-HUR 1925 & 1959, SPARTACUS 1960, PRINCE OF EGYPT 1998, GLADIATOR 2000).

We're all aware of films that touch on the subject - some better known than others - and there have been at least 25 films and documentaries made on the topic in the past 15 years with just a couple of the best known examples being TAKEN (2008) and HUMAN TRAFFICKING (2005).
http://truevisiontv.com/films/details/82/the-real-sex-traffic

We can take the blurb on the *movie poster "INSPIRED BY TRUE EVENTS" with a pinch of salt - see *interview with Eli Roth and **fact vs fiction article . . . or can we ?

* http://www.pitofhorror.com/newdesign/promo/hostel/interview.htm

"AIN'T IT COOL NEWS founder Harry Knowles told Eli Roth about a website where you pay $10,000 to go to Thailand and shoot a stranger in the head for sport. “The site claimed that the person you were killing had signed up for it and that part of the money would go to their family because they were so broke and were gonna die anyway,” Roth told DREAD CENTRAL “It was to give you the thrill of taking another human life.” Roth didn’t know if the site was real, and at one point he wanted to make a documentary about it, but decided against it. “My point was like, well, somebody thought of it. That’s f*cked up. Someone is thinking about this and went so far as to create a website about it.”

**http://www.hostelsclub.com/en/magazine/is-the-movie-hostel-based-on-a-true-story-fact-vs-fiction

Yes, pity about that - was hoping for at least a Zero varnish finish on this steelbook with spot glossed title and metalwork.
Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on your POV, looks destined to join CABIN FEVER in the GBP 7.99 bin (and that one had really cool front art and was Glossy :thumbs:).