How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: June 10, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (OOS)
Price: £24.99

12038311-1994671664529388.jpg

12038311-1644671664083024.jpg
12038311-6414671664259361.jpg
12038311-2034646869278543.jpg

Last edited:
Well, after spending 30 min on Amazon.it translating everything since I saw no option to switch it to English like some sites will allow you to do I managed to place an order for the Hidden Dragon Steelbook, but see no info if it is the 3-D version... I am pretty sure it is not the 3-D version and I bought it anyway, but I really want a 3-D Steelbook edition like selfish Zavvi is offering.

Is the Italy steelbook 3-D or is there a 3-D steelbook for italy that I missed? I am pretty salty right now and most likely pre ordered the italy steelbook without 3-D so I might just end up cancelling it.

Its crazy how these studios make it so difficult to get the version we want and Im not asking for much here. I just want a 3-D version with the steelbook. North America keeps getting screwed with these releases!

I
Yeah, it's crazy how Amazon Italy insists on using Italian. How dare they!
Seriously though, good for you for sticking with it for 30 min. lol Watching you process that would have been big brother gold.

• Haha
Reactions: Alf_1
The Italian release probably isn't a 3D release and the US release, if there is one, might not be either.
It doesn't state it but I think there's a chance EU is getting 3D and no 4K, and the Americas are getting 4K and no 3D :confused:

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
Well, after spending 30 min on Amazon.it translating everything since I saw no option to switch it to English like some sites will allow you to do I managed to place an order for the Hidden Dragon Steelbook, but see no info if it is the 3-D version... I am pretty sure it is not the 3-D version and I bought it anyway, but I really want a 3-D Steelbook edition like selfish Zavvi is offering.

Is the Italy steelbook 3-D or is there a 3-D steelbook for italy that I missed? I am pretty salty right now and most likely pre ordered the italy steelbook without 3-D so I might just end up cancelling it.

Its crazy how these studios make it so difficult to get the version we want and Im not asking for much here. I just want a 3-D version with the steelbook. North America keeps getting screwed with these releases!

I
We do have a thread for the Italy release right here. I highly doubt its 3d as its listed as 1 disc and also no 3d labeling on the mockup at all

https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...e-hidden-world-blu-ray-steelbook-italy.99636/

And most any browser can translate to english so I am not sure why you had issues.

We do have a thread for the Italy release right here. I highly doubt its 3d as its listed as 1 disc and also no 3d labeling on the mockup at all

https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...e-hidden-world-blu-ray-steelbook-italy.99636/

And most any browser can translate to english so I am not sure why you had issues.

I didnt have issues, but I use my iphone to order things and dont see that option on the phone’s browser. Its all good though because it was just time consuming to copy and paste everything into my translate app I have on the phone... No biggie... I didnt have any trouble though.

Thanks for the info and hopefully Zavvi restocks because I really want a steelbook 3D version and ideally like it when they Do steelbooks with the 4k/3D combo which is very rare these days, but they do make them..

They did a 4k/3D combo with Guardians of the Galaxy 2 steelbook in the states at Best Buy, but I barely see those versions and studios suck for not releasing the 4k/3D combos next to never. Im tired of having to buy multiple copies when they seperate the 3D and 4k....

Lets be honest... What collectors or consumers that go to buy the Steelbook version even cares or watches DVD’s anymore? WHY In the world are they still producing steelbooks with STUPID DVD’s included with the Blu Ray??? For god sake I can bet my collection that no one that are buying these steelbooks are watching the DVD format and most likely sits in the case forever or you give it away to someone. What is the purpose to include an obsolete format when they can easily replace the DVD and offer 4k/3D combos instead?

Also, the cost of a 3-D blu ray- disc has been very low for a long time now and they can easily offer that 4k/3D combo at the current retail prices and still make a very good profit on them.

If someone wants the stupid DVD version they can buy that seperate for the $10-$15 they charge now for a new copy. I cant believe its 2019 and they are still releasing DVD’s to first world countries... Not to sound mean, but send those DvD’s to countries that want cheaper stuff.

My father is the first generation imigrant to come to the US from Hungary and with Hungary being a very poor country, especially back in the day they can use DVD’s in places like that. When i was growing up when Microwaves were out for like 10 years in America is when Hungary got there first Microwave and was very high priced..

I remember asking my parents to buy me Lego in Hungary and believe it or not they were actually marked with a higher price then that same set would cost us back home in the US. Retail items are marked up crazy over there and I always wondered who in Hungary can actually afford them since many people are super poor..

My father lived in a village wirh 7 sisters and one brother and the lifestyle there Is much harder to get the latest tech and thats why countries that are not as wealthey can benefit more with DVD’s versus Blu-Ray/4k.

Instead of studios phasing 3D Out of the US they should be phasing out DVD’s in there Blu ray and 4k packaging! What A waste of resources because many consumers that buy the premium copies are clearly not using the DVD’s unless they are given away or using them as coasters for your drinks.

Many collectors want both formats as somtimes i want to watch it in 4k and sometimes I want to enjoy it in 3D, but these mega conglomerate companies just do wahtever they want and rarely listen to fans; has my Melmacian fur rising!

If studios dont shape up with their marketing materials I will be coming to eat their tasty cats!

Alf is Hungary... lol

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DMD4k
You could say you're Hungary for cat.
Also not sure they need DVDs in a place where there's 7 women per man.

• Haha
Reactions: Alf_1
You could say you're Hungary for cat.
Also not sure they need DVDs in a place where there's 7 women per man.

Hilarious... Hungary for their cats!! Lol...

Yeah, you are probably right.. I will use my next DVD as a frisby for my Dog...

• Haha
Reactions: DMD4k
I didnt have issues, but I use my iphone to order things and dont see that option on the phone’s browser. Its all good though because it was just time consuming to copy and paste everything into my translate app I have on the phone... No biggie... I didnt have any trouble though.

Thanks for the info and hopefully Zavvi restocks because I really want a steelbook 3D version and ideally like it when they Do steelbooks with the 4k/3D combo which is very rare these days, but they do make them..

They did a 4k/3D combo with Guardians of the Galaxy 2 steelbook in the states at Best Buy, but I barely see those versions and studios suck for not releasing the 4k/3D combos next to never. Im tired of having to buy multiple copies when they seperate the 3D and 4k....

Lets be honest... What collectors or consumers that go to buy the Steelbook version even cares or watches DVD’s anymore? WHY In the world are they still producing steelbooks with STUPID DVD’s included with the Blu Ray??? For god sake I can bet my collection that no one that are buying these steelbooks are watching the DVD format and most likely sits in the case forever or you give it away to someone. What is the purpose to include an obsolete format when they can easily replace the DVD and offer 4k/3D combos instead?

Also, the cost of a 3-D blu ray- disc has been very low for a long time now and they can easily offer that 4k/3D combo at the current retail prices and still make a very good profit on them.

If someone wants the stupid DVD version they can buy that seperate for the $10-$15 they charge now for a new copy. I cant believe its 2019 and they are still releasing DVD’s to first world countries... Not to sound mean, but send those DvD’s to countries that want cheaper stuff.

My father is the first generation imigrant to come to the US from Hungary and with Hungary being a very poor country, especially back in the day they can use DVD’s in places like that. When i was growing up when Microwaves were out for like 10 years in America is when Hungary got there first Microwave and was very high priced..

I remember asking my parents to buy me Lego in Hungary and believe it or not they were actually marked with a higher price then that same set would cost us back home in the US. Retail items are marked up crazy over there and I always wondered who in Hungary can actually afford them since many people are super poor..

My father lived in a village wirh 7 sisters and one brother and the lifestyle there Is much harder to get the latest tech and thats why countries that are not as wealthey can benefit more with DVD’s versus Blu-Ray/4k.

Instead of studios phasing 3D Out of the US they should be phasing out DVD’s in there Blu ray and 4k packaging! What A waste of resources because many consumers that buy the premium copies are clearly not using the DVD’s unless they are given away or using them as coasters for your drinks.

Many collectors want both formats as somtimes i want to watch it in 4k and sometimes I want to enjoy it in 3D, but these mega conglomerate companies just do wahtever they want and rarely listen to fans; has my Melmacian fur rising!

If studios dont shape up with their marketing materials I will be coming to eat their tasty cats!

Alf is Hungary... lol

Good luck with that DVD’s are here to stay for a very very ... very long time wether we like it or not

1549150323808.gif

:p

They'll need to release steels in the UK for the other two films before I even think about getting this one.
Would love 3D steels but doubt it’s going to happen(only have the first on 3D ameray)

It’s says on the Zavvi site that this Steelbook is no longer available
Did anyone successfully order one, or has it not gone live yet?
So it went live before or as the email said got sent?
No warning?

Can’t say a man not disappointed. Saw this Friday and it’s a lovely end to the trilogy.
But for a tenner extra vs the 3D ameray... may buy my first none steel in years.

Ideally, someone would do a steelbook with all 3 movies (I’d take 2D only though am sure 6 discs could stack in a typical steelbook to include 3D also)

Watched it in IMAX 3D yesterday and have to colour myself underwhelmed with the 3D in this. I'd rather take a 4k disc for it as it's a massively colourful film and it probably affords a stronger chance to resolve Hiccup's immaculately rendered bum fluff stubble.

Would love 3D steels but doubt it’s going to happen(only have the first on 3D ameray)

So it went live before or as the email said got sent?
No warning?

They announced on Twitter a steelbook would be going live at midday. Then at midday it didn't go live due to technical issues. I got an email & it was live around 12.05.

They announced on Twitter a steelbook would be going live at midday. Then at midday it didn't go live due to technical issues. I got an email & it was live around 12.05.
As I was sat watching a 1050am screening of the movie(let out at 12:45)...jumped into Escape Room 1310 show)right after so didn’t see email until I got home around 4/5pm.

They must have tweeted last minute also as usually it’s updated here by a member. The fact it wasn’t, indicates to me it was all very last minute, out of the blue

As I was sat watching a 1050am screening of the movie(let out at 12:45)...jumped into Escape Room 1310 show)right after so didn’t see email until I got home around 4/5pm.

They must have tweeted last minute also as usually it’s updated here by a member. The fact it wasn’t, indicates to me it was all very last minute, out of the blue

They tweeted about the steelbook going live at 10.21 along with a gif from the movie. Probably just wasn't picked up by a member here.

That’s last minute...usually we got notice of a day or more.

Plus from 10am I was driving to cinema so I was screwed getting this regardless it seems.

Even with more adequate or even typical notice, it would have been tight as from what I gather it went OOS almost immediately so even if I got on mobile between movies at just before 1pm it still wouldn’t have been any use.

Shame.

Release date seems to be 10th June for this

Hope the design is the one that has previously been posted and then hope we get the matching steelbooks from the US in the UK following at some point

• Informative
Reactions: Noodles