I finally found it! My “holy grail”!

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
The fine folks at /r/steelbooks have a good idea that I think could work well here.

Share a picture or pictures of your most recent “grail” discovery.

A “GRAIL” is an edition that might have taken you a while to find, has a good story about how you found it, or is important to you in some way. Grail does NOT indicate value. A $5 find at a thrift store could be a grail to you!

1) where you found it (RETAILER, MARKETPLACE, THRIFT STORE, etc)
2) who produced the edition (if it's a premium or retailer exclusive, please note to help other members! Filmarena, Reel Synergy, BluFans, Zavvi Exclusive, etc)
3) your own picture
4) share your story, if you can!
5) (optional) if you traded for it, what was the trade or how much you might have purchased it for.

INITIAL THREAD GIVEAWAY DETAILS
To kick off this thread and to keep it going, there will be at least one giveaway, maybe more if there’s enough participation!

The more grails you post in single / individual posts, the better chances become!

Prize list:

1 winners of 4k Blu-ray COMPLETE Indiana Jones set
2 winners of 4k Blu-ray Godfather Trilogy set

Last edited:
Same with the H8 secret slip :censored:

BBB15CD0-B677-4D57-ABB8-E5F1F734FC37.jpeg

59AE9E43-7527-4B97-A116-DFB48F8E1D18.jpeg

A17508B8-D39B-4D41-8C9C-02BF66E9EDD9.jpeg

1DCC77CE-D023-4674-89C4-0CE9AE133E3D.jpeg

E681596B-9064-416D-A60F-ACEA06F1F940.jpeg

E6C987EF-1123-459E-9E91-C6B2D859F64B.jpeg

These 2 beasts are 2 of my grails.
You won’t find better terminator steels than these.

The Terminator - Single Lenti - HDZeta
T2 - Single Lenti (o-ring) - Nova

Funny story, was after both of them for ages, found a member here selling both but wouldn’t accept my offer which I deemed reasonable at the time. Then found them both on eBay for auction at the same time from the same seller. Won them both and for considerably less than what I had offered the member here. When I paid I realised it was the same member from HDN and when that member clocked it was me they were pretty p!ssed they could of got more if they had just accepted my original offer lol (got told that in a PM ha)

Thanks again @psychoscot :thumbs:

View attachment 553109
View attachment 553114

love both :drool:

Reactions: Flloydo
My favourite franchise by far is Alien, i think over the years it might be the film I've bought the most times on every available format, starting with the VHS tape. But I was a little skint when the GB's opened for FAC's Alien & Prometheus steels... So I nearly fell off my seat when a year or so later after totally selling out (and going for a pretty penny on eBay) I happened to peruse the Film Arena site and they'd obviously found a bunch of Alien 3D slips down the back of the sofa!!! Instabuy. Could. Not. Believe. My. Luck. :woot:

Next on the hit list, Prometheus DL, loved the spoilerific art... But eBay prices were daft. Just kept getting outbid. But just recently this guy on ebay, obviously offloading his collection, had one starting at a really low price, almost too low. I figured the bidding would eventually take a steep upward turn.... But it never did and I bagged it for what wasn't far off retail price :OMG::woot::smuggrin:

Now if anyone's got a Mantalab Alien Covenant FS going spare... :watch:

PXL_20230412_162550154.jpg
PXL_20230412_162810434.jpg

I got this NSM Media Ginger Snaps Trilogy leatherbound mediabook set on ebay.
This was my first bluray I spend over 100 euros on, this was in 2019 before I joined HDN I paid €179,90 for this set !
I do regret not picking up the other mediabooks but this one remains the grail to have if you're a fan of Gimger Snaps.
View attachment 553129View attachment 553130View attachment 553131View attachment 553132
View attachment 553133View attachment 553134View attachment 553135

Wooooo that’s sharp

Reactions: Billy Talent
These 2 beasts are 2 of my grails.
You won’t find better terminator steels than these.

The Terminator - Single Lenti - HDZeta
T2 - Single Lenti (o-ring) - Nova

Funny story, was after both of them for ages, found a member here selling both but wouldn’t accept my offer which I deemed reasonable at the time. Then found them both on eBay for auction at the same time from the same seller. Won them both and for considerably less than what I had offered the member here. When I paid I realised it was the same member from HDN and when that member clocked it was me they were pretty p!ssed they could of got more if they had just accepted my original offer lol (got told that in a PM ha)

Thanks again @psychoscot :thumbs:

View attachment 553109
View attachment 553114

They went to a good home! :thumbs:

Reactions: Flloydo
My favourite franchise by far is Alien, i think over the years it might be the film I've bought the most times on every available format, starting with the VHS tape. But I was a little skint when the GB's opened for FAC's Alien & Prometheus steels... So I nearly fell off my seat when a year or so later after totally selling out (and going for a pretty penny on eBay) I happened to peruse the Film Arena site and they'd obviously found a bunch of Alien 3D slips down the back of the sofa!!! Instabuy. Could. Not. Believe. My. Luck. :woot:

Next on the hit list, Prometheus DL, loved the spoilerific art... But eBay prices were daft. Just kept getting outbid. But just recently this guy on ebay, obviously offloading his collection, had one starting at a really low price, almost too low. I figured the bidding would eventually take a steep upward turn.... But it never did and I bagged it for what wasn't far off retail price :OMG::woot::smuggrin:

Now if anyone's got a Mantalab Alien Covenant FS going spare... :watch:

View attachment 553163View attachment 553164
Love those Mini Epics figures! Got the Alien one myself, but never got around to getting Ripley.

Reactions: Punker76