I finally found it! My “holy grail”!

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
The fine folks at /r/steelbooks have a good idea that I think could work well here.

Share a picture or pictures of your most recent “grail” discovery.

A “GRAIL” is an edition that might have taken you a while to find, has a good story about how you found it, or is important to you in some way. Grail does NOT indicate value. A $5 find at a thrift store could be a grail to you!

1) where you found it (RETAILER, MARKETPLACE, THRIFT STORE, etc)
2) who produced the edition (if it's a premium or retailer exclusive, please note to help other members! Filmarena, Reel Synergy, BluFans, Zavvi Exclusive, etc)
3) your own picture
4) share your story, if you can!
5) (optional) if you traded for it, what was the trade or how much you might have purchased it for.

INITIAL THREAD GIVEAWAY DETAILS
To kick off this thread and to keep it going, there will be at least one giveaway, maybe more if there’s enough participation!

The more grails you post in single / individual posts, the better chances become!

Prize list:

1 winners of 4k Blu-ray COMPLETE Indiana Jones set
2 winners of 4k Blu-ray Godfather Trilogy set

Last edited:
Um, aren't you forgetting something?? What about the character cards?! :rolleyes:
yeah and the placement of the bluray logo on the steel is also subtle and nice imo! cant think of anything else i like in that picture tho :p

j/k very good job and so cool to have your art featured on actual premiums!

• Haha
Reactions: Noodles
yeah and the placement of the bluray logo on the steel is also subtle and nice imo! cant think of anything else i like in that picture tho :p

j/k very good job and so cool to have your art featured on actual premiums!
Even if they did originally use it without consulting me first, and then went on to mess with the contrast and title size on Wind River, which still bugs me to this day :bored:

Lol I probably consider these more of a "grail" tbh, since they're actually personal to me...

And just imagine if you wasn’t f**ked around with the The Thing edition they asked you to work on.

Completely forgot about that Wind River you worked on

Even if they did originally use it without consulting me first, and then went on to mess with the contrast and title size on Wind River, which still bugs me to this day :bored:
Completely forgot about that too!

Reactions: Noodles
your design? now i know why i never was fan of the artwork :naughty:
Ice Cube Friday GIF by HBO Max

Managed to get Perfume Story of a Murderer KIMCHIDVD Fullslip for $60 on ebay.
Loved this film, rottentomatoes gave it a 59% but can't take them seriously if they give Batwoman 80%.:shipped:

And Mad Max Black and Chrome edition Hdzeta on Ebay for $72,66 years ago.
Great prices considering what they are going for now, managed to get the Mad Max OC as well.
My favourite and pretty much everyone's favourite film of the entire franchise!
20230413_090713.jpg
20230413_090906.jpg
20230413_090915.jpg
20230413_090931.jpg

20230413_091010.jpg
20230413_091059.jpg
20230413_091118.jpg

Loved this film, rottentomatoes gave it a 59% but can't take them seriously if they give Batwoman 80%.:shipped:

Great prices considering what they are going for now, managed to get the Mad Max OC as well.
View attachment 553199View attachment 553200View attachment 553201View attachment 553202
View attachment 553203View attachment 553204View attachment 553205
That copy of Perfume is definitely one of the sets I'm aspiring for. Been looking for an "non extortionate" for a while now. It's a beautiful, underated film. Gorgeous slip I'm super jealous.

Reactions: Billy Talent

View attachment 553199View attachment 553200View attachment 553201View attachment 553202
View attachment 553203View attachment 553204View attachment 553205
Nice. I've got both. I opted for Perfume lenti instead though :drool:

Reactions: Billy Talent
So I consider this a personal grail.

Basically wasn’t a fan of this design when manta first shared the beauty shots but then once they released in hand photos I couldn’t resist.
Also out of all the premium companies I collect from they were the first that I collected from their beginning and day 1 release. Whereas all the others I had to catch up on over the years like most of us have had to do at times. Since then I’ve collected all of mantas releases. And that’s why I seem heavily critical when it’s a design I don’t like or praise them to the heavens when they get it right because they are genuinely one of my favourite retailers. But like any of them they too have had their ups and downs. Also one of my favourite films from the DCEU. Most likely #1 tbh

Incredible release. I also think this might of been one of the first releases that I enjoyed taking photos of and have since then over the years tried my hardest to take half decent photos for everyone to enjoy!

I’ll get a message later from @hatredhorror explaining that he don’t consider this a grail. I look forward to it :thumbs:

5D2C63A6-CC2F-4B58-97D7-1D8C69E7A66A.jpeg

5C3A8442-263B-41BE-971B-616F35715BAA.jpeg

14A4BB00-DD62-4A8D-9A34-893C33D81FA0.jpeg

9D069CEF-8F36-4A93-BC6E-F6DEAB683FE6.jpeg

9239634B-1FCC-4A94-9CB5-EBFE18E570F5.jpeg

9741394F-2B9C-4DF1-98EA-CB690009BA50.jpeg

2DB53E62-57DA-4CFB-ABFB-245945CCD7D8.jpeg

So I consider this a personal grail.

Basically wasn’t a fan of this design when manta first shared the beauty shots but then once they released in hand photos I couldn’t resist.
Also out of all the premium companies I collect from they were the first that I collected from their beginning and day 1 release. Whereas all the others I had to catch up on over the years like most of us have had to do at times. Since then I’ve collected all of mantas releases. And that’s why I seem heavily critical when it’s a design I don’t like or praise them to the heavens when they get it right because they are genuinely one of my favourite retailers. But like any of them they too have had their ups and downs. Also one of my favourite films from the DCEU. Most likely #1 tbh

Incredible release. I also think this might of been one of the first releases that I enjoyed taking photos of and have since then over the years tried my hardest to take half decent photos for everyone to enjoy!

I’ll get a message later from @hatredhorror explaining that he don’t consider this a grail. I look forward to it :thumbs:

View attachment 553212
View attachment 553210
View attachment 553211

it's the best mos artwork imo. im so happy manta lab used this one for the steelbook. it's a beauty :drool: and still the best release by manta lab.

Reactions: milky and Flloydo
So cool to see that I own ... well ... at least 60 % of these *shrugs*

What I consider Grails are something like Sorcerer digibook with Friedkin's signature. Or Suspiria metal pak with Argento's.

Own all those FAC embossed 4K Alien films that are released. They _are_ very cool. Hope rest follow ...

3032065480379729061_n.jpg

@Billy Talent got Perfume Story of a Murderer same edition back in the day, very cheap. Great movie.

@Flloydo I was buying bigger amount of stuff from certain seller, he asked if I wanted something else cheap. I was like sure. He offered Nova Dredd and T2 lentis for 15 € each. Yes - I said. Mint. Then, because I was such a good client he gave stuff free. Inc. steelarchive release. Only in Finland. *shrugs again*

True ! :thumbs:

So cool to see that I own ... well ... at least 60 % of these *shrugs*

What I consider Grails are something like Sorcerer digibook with Friedkin's signature. Or Suspiria metal pak with Argento's.

Own all those FAC embossed 4K Alien films that are released. They _are_ very cool. Hope rest follow ...

View attachment 553226

@Billy Talent got Perfume Story of a Murderer same edition back in the day, very cheap. Great movie.

@Flloydo I was buying bigger amount of stuff from certain seller, he asked if I wanted something else cheap. I was like sure. He offered Nova Dredd and T2 lentis for 15 € each. Yes - I said. Mint. Then, because I was such a good client he gave stuff free. Inc. steelarchive release. Only in Finland. *shrugs again*

True ! :thumbs:
Need some Finlandian friends myself if thats the case. Ya Free @Space Cadet ?