Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Release date: June 3rd, 2013 August 25th, 2014
Purchase link: Indiana Jones - Raiders of The Lost Ark (Sold-out)
Price: £14.99
Infos: Limited to 4000 units, EMBOSSED

Other editions: The Temple of Doom || The Last Crusade || Kingdom of The Crystal Skull

10788002-1399649744-871344.jpg

10788002-1399649045-823063.jpg
10788002-1399649045-823045.jpg

10788002-1399649818-650670.jpg

Congrats to all my UK mates! And congrats to everyone else since they ship world-wide! Packaging will be taken care of ... just rejoice, been a long time since we wanted these!!

Last edited by a moderator:
In Zavvi's case, stock seems to be held for promos before replacements are even considered...as I had a damaged Indy/Raiders, which they couldn't replace because it was "out of stock".

So here I am looking at the picture at this Comic Con event with a nice big stack of them. F*** off, Zavvi. :mad:

Once their exclusive Disney animated classic run ends (hopefully no more after Lion King), then I will be done with that company.

In Zavvi's case, stock seems to be held for promos before replacements are even considered...as I had a damaged Indy/Raiders, which they couldn't replace because it was "out of stock".

So here I am looking at the picture at this Comic Con event with a nice big stack of them. F*** off, Zavvi. :mad:

Once their exclusive Disney animated classic run ends (hopefully no more after Lion King), then I will be done with that company.
This is exactly the response I was waiting for. Ninja receives a damaged steel, turns to Zavvi for a replacement: "Oh, sorry, out of stock".

But wait, what's this, they just pulled a big pile of them from nowhere to sell from a table.

There is no excuse for that other than incompetence or deplorable ethics.

This is exactly the response I was waiting for. Ninja receives a damaged steel, turns to Zavvi for a replacement: "Oh, sorry, out of stock".

But wait, what's this, they just pulled a big pile of them from nowhere to sell from a table.

Its the second one. The incompetence excuse has worn thin.

Also, I bet there are no spine slashed or dented steelbooks for sale in their stall. Quality control seems to work well when customers get to see the product in hand first.

I don't think its that big a deal because the amount they are selling is pretty small considering the print run. I do feel for customers who got damaged ones in the mail and are being turned down though. That hurts.

Reactions: snooloui

I couldn't agree more. I can't think of a better example of deplorable ethics. I'm actually planning a trip to my local HMV store in the next few days to pick up a copy of Edge of Tomorrow. I hope they have stock because if they don't and I find out they are daring to sell it at another store, I will be writing to Trading Standards! :mad:

I couldn't agree more. I can't think of a better example of deplorable ethics. I'm actually planning a trip to my local HMV store in the next few days to pick up a copy of Edge of Tomorrow. I hope they have stock because if they don't and I find out they are daring to sell it at another store, I will be writing to Trading Standards! :mad:
My sarcasm detector is going off...

Come on, you can't seriously defend this? It's not the fact that Zavvi are selling from a table at Comic Con, hell I even attempted to defend them when they were selling Maleficent on eBay. It's that they told customers with damaged copies that no stock remained and so replacements were out of the question.

It's been said a few times that Zavvi should keep X amount back for damages. But to keep those copies back, then refuse to replace damaged copies to instead sell them later is a bit ******.

What does that have to do with Zavvi lying about stock levels? Nobody would mind if they entitled customers for a replacement, but they were fobbed off with a partial refund instead and here they are with more stock. I'm talking about the Indiana Jones Steelbooks specifically.

Pity they didn't have any spares of Frozen for £9.99. :smug:

My sarcasm detector is going off...

Come on, you can't seriously defend this? It's not the fact that Zavvi are selling from a table at Comic Con, hell I even attempted to defend them when they were selling Maleficent on eBay. It's that they told customers with damaged copies that no stock remained and so replacements were out of the question.

It's been said a few times that Zavvi should keep X amount back for damages. But to keep those copies back, then refuse to replace damaged copies to instead sell them later is a bit ******.

I am simply pointing out the ridiculousness of your argument. If you were the Zavvi employee responsible for the stock at this convention, would you save some of your best products to showcase your business or bring the leftovers that not even serious enthusiasts want? It is annoying when you get a damaged Steelbook especially if it is no longer available from that source but unless there is a miraculous combination of flawless products from Scanavo, delicate handling and bomb proof packaging along the supply chain, then it is always going to be an issue.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
Anyone going to com con tomorrow that has a damaged steel that is no longer in stock but they just happen to have fresh copies on that pile, please please please take it with you and argue an exchange (I'm talking to the people who was told no longer in stock for a replacement) that would be hilarious. I'm surprised more photos didn't pop up of the stall from members who went

I am simply pointing out the ridiculousness of your argument. If you were the Zavvi employee responsible for the stock at this convention, would you save some of your best products to showcase your business or bring the leftovers that not even serious enthusiasts want? It is annoying when you get a damaged Steelbook especially if it is no longer available from that source but unless there is a miraculous combination of flawless products from Scanavo, delicate handling and bomb proof packaging along the supply chain, then it is always going to be an issue.
I wouldn't 'save' anything, I'd make sure my existing customers received an intact steel and if they didn't then supply them with a replacement.

I certainly wouldn't tell them no and then a few months later appear with a pile of them at a Con.

I don't care if they're there to showcase their business. Their priority is to their existing customers, not random bodies mooching about.

I wouldn't 'save' anything, I'd make sure my existing customers received an intact steel and if they didn't then supply them with a replacement.

I certainly wouldn't tell them no and then a few months later appear with a pile of them at a Con.

I don't care if they're there to showcase their business. Their priority is to their existing customers, not random bodies mooching about.

It's not as if the problem would not have existed had Zavvi made this stock available through their website. Holding stock for the convention may have exacerbated the issue slightly but nothing more and certainly not to the extent that it could be described as 'deplorable ethics' which was my original point.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
I actually think it is smart of Zavvi to market to this crowd. I would say they are the type of people with lots of disposable income. It sucks that they are selling OOS steels though. Its their business and they can sell what they want and where they want.

Reactions: paulboland
It's not as if the problem would not have existed had Zavvi made this stock available through their website. Holding stock for the convention may have exacerbated the issue slightly but nothing more and certainly not to the extent that it could be described as 'deplorable ethics' which was my original point.
Deplorable - Causing or being a subject for censure, reproach, or disapproval; wretched; very bad.

Ethics - The rules of conduct recognized in respect to a particular class of human actions or a particular group, culture, etc.

So by definition, 'deplorable ethics' is pretty spot on and tbh a lot of HDN would probably agree (maybe a poll? "Do you think Zavvi are a bit ****?").

Reactions: levi