Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Release date: June 3rd, 2013 August 25th, 2014
Purchase link: Indiana Jones - Raiders of The Lost Ark (Sold-out)
Price: £14.99
Infos: Limited to 4000 units, EMBOSSED

Other editions: The Temple of Doom || The Last Crusade || Kingdom of The Crystal Skull

10788002-1399649744-871344.jpg

10788002-1399649045-823063.jpg
10788002-1399649045-823045.jpg

10788002-1399649818-650670.jpg

Congrats to all my UK mates! And congrats to everyone else since they ship world-wide! Packaging will be taken care of ... just rejoice, been a long time since we wanted these!!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not as if the problem would not have existed had Zavvi made this stock available through their website. Holding stock for the convention may have exacerbated the issue slightly but nothing more and certainly not to the extent that it could be described as 'deplorable ethics' which was my original point.

i'l tell you what's wrong with it- many people wanted replacements but were told they were sold out. they could have given them replacements but instead chose to sell those at comicon. what if somebody bought a copy at comicon that needed replacing? ie they they discovered it was scratched under the j card, or caved in? now they wouldnt get a replacement either. so now, zavvi has two sets of customers without replacements- those who bought from their store, and those who bought from the convention.

moral of the story is- zavvi should take care of the customers it already has! instead of treating them with contempt with lies, in order to exploit a new set of customers. because when things go wrong with those new customers, they will have upset twice as many people.

zavvi said they took the copies because they feared oversell if they put them on their site.... how about honouring replacements! and nothing has stopped them from putting copies on ebay, they wouldnt have had oversell on ebay. so, its quite apparent they are telling stories.

I wouldn't 'save' anything, I'd make sure my existing customers received an intact steel and if they didn't then supply them with a replacement.

I certainly wouldn't tell them no and then a few months later appear with a pile of them at a Con.

I don't care if they're there to showcase their business. Their priority is to their existing customers, not random bodies mooching about.

But that is business. Existing and loyal customers are not of any interest to many companies. If you look for example to insurance companies, Sky Television, mobile phone contracts etc. Only new customers are receiving the best conditions. It is a pity, but that's how it is. Most of us will still buy zavvis steelsbooks, if we want it in our collection. Thus no need to show any extra care for us.....

i'l tell you what's wrong with it- many people wanted replacements but were told they were sold out. they could have given them replacements but instead chose to sell those at comicon. what if somebody bought a copy at comicon that needed replacing? ie they they discovered it was scratched under the j card, or caved in? now they wouldnt get a replacement either. so now, zavvi has two sets of customers without replacements- those who bought from their store, and those who bought from the convention.

True. But they've made more money by doing so.

If they've had the first one back, they'll get a refund from the manufacturer, if not, they've only given a 10% refund so are still making a nice profit on that one. They then sell a second one, which if damaged goes through the same process unless the customer is stuck with it. Either way, Zavvi can't lose.

I'm not saying it's morally right, but you can see why they might do it.

Reactions: levi
can you believe this from zavvi I have just had to cancel my 3 steelbooks of these because the order I had in from last year had my old address on I asked them to change it but they say they carnt and if I want to keep my order they will be sent to the old address. otherwise I have to cancel. I told them surely they carnt expect me to cancel when the items are sold out but they just said tough basically and said I would have to cancel. I think this personally is a disgrace from this company how they carnt adjust your shipping address is beyond me.
DK06CTR - See my latest update in the retailer thread - Zavvi - Retailer chat[Europe]. Essentially, the ICO has encouraged me to encourage people in your situation to submit formal complaints to Zavvi and themselves ([email protected]). If they receive enough, then they might actually do something about it!

Last edited:
Anyone wanting this should pick it up asap, as its recently started climbing in price.

I'm happy to predict (and I love it when people mocking my predictions are only to be proved wring time and again) that within a year this will be £50+.

[QUOTE = "javiermendoza, posta: 1380831, membro: 20483"] Hai sbagliato, il mio amico.

Data di uscita: 3 Giugno 2013 25 agosto 2014 [/ QUOTE]
you're right, I saw evil

There was a 4000 print run on this, so there have been loads of copy's floating around for some time, but i think @Starling is right these steel-books are going to shoot up in price soon