Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Release date: June 3rd, 2013 August 25th, 2014
Purchase link: Indiana Jones - Raiders of The Lost Ark (Sold-out)
Price: £14.99
Infos: Limited to 4000 units, EMBOSSED

Other editions: The Temple of Doom || The Last Crusade || Kingdom of The Crystal Skull

10788002-1399649744-871344.jpg

10788002-1399649045-823063.jpg
10788002-1399649045-823045.jpg

10788002-1399649818-650670.jpg

Congrats to all my UK mates! And congrats to everyone else since they ship world-wide! Packaging will be taken care of ... just rejoice, been a long time since we wanted these!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Got this and the last crusade today. Won't open them until I get the other four. One thing I do like already is that the cellophane seems better quality (thicker) especially how it wraps across the spine of the steel.

Also great it's a a cardboard type J card. Never been a fan of the paper ones. So far, so good :thumbs:

I'm going to rub some Bio oil onto those steelbook stretch marks :hilarious:

I think that's an OCD trigger, imagine lining them up on the shelf "Raiders of the Lost Ark" without Indiana Jones on it, and the other three films with the name on. I've never called any of the films "Indiana Jones and..." it's just Temple of Doom, Last Crusade etc for me. I think they look great!

I'd say what you are actually stating, wanting to see the words "Indiana Jones" on the spine of Raiders is more an OCD trigger.

I just don't like the name change. Its just silly.

I'm happy with my Italian steelbook boxset with all the extras

I'd say what you are actually stating, wanting to see the words "Indiana Jones" on the spine of Raiders is more an OCD trigger.

I just don't like the name change. Its just silly.

I'm happy with my Italian steelbook boxset with all the extras

I understand it works both ways. Not having the original title will frustrate collectors but at the same time, labelling the other three films with Indiana Jones' name par one might annoy some people. I think Raiders sounds fine on it's own but not so much the others. They obviously stopped not including the name for marketing reasons.

I think Zavvi did a great job with the Indy steels even though it took forever! All good things come to those who wait, unless the steelbooks arrive damaged of course.

Reactions: harry
Today is a WONDERFUL DAY!!!!
The last time I was THAT excited was when I received my FS Iron Man & Inglourious Basterds! But trust me, THOSE INDY are WORTH IT!!!! (ok... maybe not as much as the two previously mentionned...) ;)

Img_1779.jpg

Img_1782.jpg

Img_1786.jpg

And the family is COMPLETE!!!
Img_1789.jpg

(oh... full gloss = FINGER magnet!)

Received my Raiders today and it brought a smile for sure. There is something about the steel that I love but cannot quite put my finger on. The best way I can describe it would be it has an old school look about it. Looking forward to the rest of the set.

I must have ordered and cancelled these at least 4 times. Not a fan of the backs but the fronts look just... wow. Congrats to you who picked it up and some great pics!

Feared the worst when I saw the state of the white box this morning. It looked like someone had stamped on it at one end! However, the steel itself was somehow unscathed! Phew!! I have just noticed a small scratch towards the bottom of the spine, though. Fortunately, nothing too bad, but still a bit disappointing not to get an absolute mint copy...

Been offered the customary 15% refund for the scratch on the spine. As this is sold out, I'm prepared to accept their offer on this occasion. At least it's not a dent...

Anyone know why on zavvi's website, ROTLA is showing as sold out, KOTCK is still available to order and the other 2 don't seem to even be listed on the website anymore? Just curious :)