Infernal Affairs Trilogy (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Kimchidvd Exclusive #5) [Korea]

The price is to set 73.99$, Will you buy this release ?

• Yes, I will buy this one

Votes: 50 30.9%
  • No, I won't buy this one

Votes: 112 69.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Choi Chungkwon

Premium Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
South Korea
Kimchidvd Exclusive #5 - confirmed

Release date: July 13th, 2014
Print run: 1000 limited Kimchidvd Exclusive Copies
Buy links:
Infernal Affairs Trilogy Lenticular Pack
Internal Affairs Trilogy Full Slip Pack
List Price: 73.99$
Promotional price before release: 59.99$
Notes:
Numbered: yes, numbered on the art card
Disc: 3 disk
Extra: booklet and storyline board (TBC)

List of Kimchidvd Exclusive SteelBook Editions

Lenticular Package

Internal Affairs Lenticular.jpg

10condd.gif

Full Slip Package

Internal Affairs Full Slip Package.jpg

Final Steel Art

0111-_-1-jpg.57940

Older Info.
Possible artwork

Front Artwork #1
Infernal-Affairs.gif

Front Artwork #2
0111-_-1-jpg.57940

Front Artwork #3
0111-_-2-jpg.57941

Inside Artwork
0111-_-2-jpg.57942

here is movie info

Infernal affairs 1 (2002) - link

Infernal affairs 2 (2003) - link

Infernal affairs 3 (2003) - link

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 388
Last edited by a moderator:
Everthing is not setup yet

Now kimchi consider two way
1) 3 disk trilogy
2) individual release and collectible box

If this release individually, it will not release all together in same month & year

Please be number two. Separate Steelbooks for each movie would be way better :scat:

1) 3 disk trilogy

If this release individually, it will not release all together in same month & year

After set up, I will update OP

I think a 3 disc trilogy makes sense not only from a retailers perspective but also from a potential customers perspective. This way costs can be kept lower for both parties. For example Alien Anthology makes sense as a quadrilogy as compared to 4 different steels as they did in Germany. The Anthology releases were instant buys and are now long SOLD OUT, yet the individual releases are still available.

IMO boxset is very complicated so for simplicity a trilogy makes sense. Slim version though

3-disk trilogy makes more sense on this. It is the 3 films that has my(and a lot of others) attention. For many people know of just the one film and the other 2 are less significant and undoubtedly would be in sales too.

Reactions: Petit Lu and ABjerg
Individual releases is gonna cost way too much Choi. I would much prefer to see a trilogy steelbook

Choi/Tony, please release them as a boxset and then put all your effort on a kicka$$ design for the one steelbook rather than complicating matters making it 3 steels, I would also encourage you to try making it 4discs by adding the chronological order of all three films on the 4th disc if possible, pretty please :D

Reactions: Real Steel
Choi/Tony, please release them as a boxset and then put all your effort on a kicka$$ design for the one steelbook rather than complicating matters making it 3 steels, I would also encourage you to try making it 4discs by adding the chronological order of all three films on the 4th disc if possible, pretty please :D

4 disc G2 would be nice. Throw in a nice 60 page booklet n killer slip too.

I will buy if it is collectible.

Tried to watch the 1st movie yesterday but I just don t enjoy the beginning.... is it better in the second half of the movie? For the moment it Will be a pass for me

its a movie which is known for his well written script, you truly cant judge it without watching it complete. but if you didn't enjoyed the first half of the movie you maybe just not a thriller/drama guy. it's not a popcorn flick if you hoped the 2nd half is full of fastpath action.

1) 3 disk trilogy

After set up, I will update OP

Thx for the info.

Some poeple here talking about no dubbing over the original language
but with additional subs in main languages (English, German, Spanish, and more...)
Can you say more?

I will second this. Only the Ultimate 8 Disc DVD that has the chronological order.

Amazing news. I've had this trilogy on my list to buy for ages now, but the UK and HK releases are supposedly not that great (on a single BD25 disc with low bitrate, older transfer, etc).

I'm hoping the Korean release does these films justice.

Same for me. I've been holding out for a good transfer. Get the movies mastered right first. Don't just slot in the current discs. A good steelbook must go with a good transfer.

I hope the cover art would be in the vein of Canada's The Departed and Inception. Don't just put photos of the lead actors on the cover.

---------- Post added at 02:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 AM ----------

I never really liked this trilogy......could not appreciate them. I have watched plenty of better HK movies.

I haven't watched Parts 2 & 3 as I generally avoid sequels. The reviews were so-so for the sequels. But I won't mind a trilogy as long as I pay much less than the price of three movies. :D

I did enjoy Part 1 and have been wanting to re-watch it after watching the lesser remake, the Departed.

Last edited:
Reactions: earthscope
No such thing as a collective opinion amongst collectors. :) I absolutely would prefer a trilogy release as one steelbook.

Reactions: SaberTooth
I thought "collectors" only wanted individuals ?

:movie:

Depends absolutely on the artwork, movie and price for me. I'm not going to buy all 3 individuals if only the first one is good. I'm not going to buy a trilogy if the artwork is not great and the price is high. :movie:

You guys should try posting a request thread in the feeback forum for any multi-disc Collection or Trilogy type steelbook of a movie series - if the thread is not deleted and merged with an existing individual thread by a moderator, it'll be filled with "i only buy individuals" type comments here on HDN.

I, However, personally think that any steelbook, collection or not, is a waste of space if it only contains one disc. :movie: :cool: