luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release Date: August 5th, 2015
Purchase links:
Amazon IT
DVD Store IT
Price: €19.90 (DVD Store) - €20.48 16.79 (Amazon)

CFjpgnr_XIAATMKm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not all of them: Paddington's one is a proper steelbook (and it's a real beauty) ;);)
Oh okay! I saw this pic and assumed it was the back, just saw further down you posted a pic of the real back and that it still had the J-Card on; interesting, here's hoping this one has a proper back too :)

Anyone have an update on if it's a jcard or a printed back?
Nope, we tend not to have that sort of information with releases like this until someone actually has it in-hand.
(If Amazon ever update the pictures before release, all we tend to see is the J-Card on the back.)

Last edited:
tale it that means you go with the pic, blue banner printed back?
I'm 99% sure based on the previous one that the blue banner will be printed as it was last time.
I think it's likely to have a printed back based on their Divergent Steelbook, but who knows - they might have realised people don't like that as they didn't have a printed back for their Paddington steelbook.

Looking again I had the hologram sticker on mordecai and it was a j card
The back shown above is almost identical to the J-Card on the Divergent Steelbook (shown below), so I'd have thought that was a J-Card rather than the real back.

IMG_3058_sm.jpg

---

Wow, 177 minutes of Extras? That's longer than the film!

yes but the back of the actual steelbook of divergent was almost exactly the same as the back of the J-card.
So I'm not sure they won't do the same thing again

yes but the back of the actual steelbook of divergent was almost exactly the same as the back of the J-card.
So I'm not sure they won't do the same thing again
Yes, I'm betting there's a good chance they will do the same again and this will have a printed back.

The only other option I'd want to go with is the Netherlands option, but all the information I've been able to find says that's only a 2 disk edition and as it's a blu-ray and DVD version, it means disk one (blu-ray) would be 2D+3D (and special features if there even are any; no where I've found has mentioned any special features for that release) and disk two would be the DVD.

This one however is a two blu-ray release (disk 1 being 2D+3D film, disk 2 being 177 minutes of extras). Personally, I'd definitely prefer a 2 blu-ray release even if it had a printed back.
Plus, I already have the Divergent Italian edition, so this would match it.

Yes I agree about the special features, it sounds really good with this one.

Although I first bought the italian divergent, They could have done a better job with it because they had the front art I wanted and put great art on the inside that could have looked nice at the back of the steelbook
But well I got tired of it, especially the blue banner in the front and ended up buying the uk one as well haha

Dispatched, so will hopefully have this in a few days. Will post some pics if no one else has by then :)

Reactions: jordidj
@MrBMT Did the Divergent steel have embossed title?
Looks like the title is embossed on this one, and you can see a faint border too.
@djs1401 Sorry, I saw this earlier then got distracted with work and forgot to reply!

The Divergent Steel they did was not embossed, no. Looks like they've done a better job this time (no "special edition" bit under the banner for a start).
Good call by the way, I hadn't noticed the border on Insurgent until I looked again; did think it looked like the title might be embossed/debossed though. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: djs1401
Some in hand pics i found on Instagram from @alecshendrix
The Steelbook has a border. I think the title is not debossed/embossed and it looks like a printed back but not confirmed. I asked him but no responce right now.
Looks embossed to me; just look at the inside picture and you can see the imprint on the left side towards the bottom.

Reactions: IRON MAN