Release Date: March 31, 2015
Purchase link: BestBuy.ca
Price: $26.99
Group Buy: Drum18 or Biscuitnoir
Notes: Gloss Finish

FS_Interstellar.jpg

Source

More Images:
Interstellar_FutureShop_BD_STLBK_2D_SKEW_JM_01.jpg Interstellar_FutureShop_BD_STLBK_3D_SKEW_JM_01.jpg Interstellar_FutureStop_BD_STLBK_BEAUTYspread_KMR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang, I really want this but if it's region locked A it won't work on my UK player

Buy a UK or region free Amaray and change the discs :thumbs: (or a region free blu-ray player)

I must do this to most of my import purchases. Either its region A or, most of the time, because of the missing audio. Some movies I can enjoy in english but most of the time
I need subs because of to fast speech or difficult accents ...

Reactions: burtbird
This so far is the first steel with this art, but OP doesn't say it's WEA, so any ideas which other countries will getting this artwork?
This version is distributed by Paramount, maybe the others are Warner?

Looks great though! Can't wait! :)

Buy a UK or region free Amaray and change the discs :thumbs: (or a region free blu-ray player)

I must do this to most of my import purchases. Either its region A or, most of the time, because of the missing audio. Some movies I can enjoy in english but most of the time
I need subs because of to fast speech or difficult accents ...

You're not wrong and as we're still not closer to a UK steelbook announcement I've decided to sign up for the GB

Dang, I really want this but if it's region locked A it won't work on my UK player
99% sure the blu-ray will be region free and DVD will be region 1 locked.

I remember 'The Wolf of Wall Street' release last year, Paramount only had distribution rights in North America, but the blu-ray was still region free, DVD was region 1.

Reactions: leelee17
Just to clarify this will be region A locked, over in the UK Warner have the rights so Paramount will lock down the region. They did it for Hercules.
Big studio releases only lock if different studios are distributing for example if a Paramount release was globally released by Paramount it won't be locked but if Paramount release in North America and Warner release it in Europe then it will be locked.

Back to the release, I want this steel but I am holding out a little bit longer to see all the others, all we have so far is a poxy Digi-Book. Still time for someone to produce a steel though.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: spudster
Think I'm most likely going to go for the gorgeous NeoPack this time around. It was my favourite film of last year but I can't really justify double dipping anymore. Really glad to see that this is glossy though!

Just to clarify this will be region A locked, over in the UK Warner have the rights so Paramount will lock down the region. They did it for Hercules.

Big studio releases only lock if different studios are distributing for example if a Paramount release was globally released by Paramount it won't be locked but if Paramount release in North America and Warner release it in Europe then it will be locked.

I put forward exactly the same argument in the "Interstellar" (NEO - Pack) [USA] thread, even detailing a number of Paramount's North American titles which had been Region A locked for this very reason, only to be met with a wall of denial, based on the dogmatic assertion that this release would be Region Free because the majority of Paramount's previous releases had also been Region Free. I was even told by one of the Mods that I was "being overly paranoid" for stating that this release was likely to be locked to Region A.

Ultimately, it's better to err on the side of caution until the disc is in hand and can be tested.

Last edited:
I may have to preorder this one as I agree with most of you, its the best looking of the sort. The Target one just doesn't capture the me as much. I think the water is was does it in for me LOL

I put forward exactly the same argument in the "Interstellar" (NEO - Pack) [USA] thread, even detailing a number of Paramount's North American titles which had been Region A locked for this very reason, only to be met with a wall of denial, based on the dogmatic assertion that this release would be Region Free because the majority of Paramount's previous releases had also been Region Free. I was even told by one of the Mods that I was "being overly paranoid" for stating that this release was likely to be locked to Region A.

Ultimately, it's better to err on the side of caution until the disc is in hand and can be tested.
Is this neo pack have limited prints

Although this one looks like a winner like the neo pack, i'm going to be patient and wait for the ultimate release.

I still have sweet memories embedded in my head and wish I could have suffered a small case of amnesia when I walked out of the cinema so I can go through the whole thrill of watching the film for the first time again but I can't. I'm going to wait as long as I can for the best release possible so when I do watch it, it'll feel like the first time.