Just recieved my 6 boxes....
Some questions Answered...I HOPE..
This is a metal slip case
This metal is not much thicker than a cardbourd slipcover
Bluray logo and rating logo is printed on
The artwork on back is printed on
This is a 2 disc edition
Back cover has 2 thick fold overs..top and bottom
This is NOT...even close to previous slip covers like recent GODFATHER and other Known AUSSIE SLIPS
Is it a dissapointing product....."UNFORTUNATLY YES" :tear:

I won't be opening up the other boxes as im sure the quallity is all the same

You got it already? That's premium service mate. Are you in Melbourne?

Reactions: BURRAGUM
You got it already? That's premium service mate. Are you in Melbourne?

YEH BUDDY,
Down on the Mornington peninsula.
Well the product is dissapointing to say the least, but they got them out and to me extremly quick....I'll GIVE THEM THAT!...:hilarious:

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

NOW just waiting for a reply email with instructions to return these little gems ...get my refund...and start looking overseas like play.com ect, to buy some quallity steels...
OH WELL ...moving on:scat:

Reactions: rodtp
It's not going to be easy to flog them off on ebay as 1) everyone else will be trying to do the same thing, b) everyone now knows what a disappointment they are and won't bother with them.

placed the order for a few copies when i found out about the 19.99 price a day ago...then discovered the tragedy of the quality of the slips.emailed for a cancellation and when i check the order history,to my surprise,the status was "canceled"
i think JB has realized the potential for a large scale problem here and started cancelling orders that had not shipped yet even though some were in the "processing"status.

Reactions: Marina Blue
Gary, so should I just reject the item when the delivery reaches my door? Then I wouldnt have to bear the cost of going to the post office and sending it back. That wont work?

Ok, I have emailed the online customer service, they replied and said that as long as you bring it back to the local post office and state it is "RTS", i.e. Return to Sender, you will not have to bear the return postage charges. I certainly hope so!

Ok, I have emailed the online customer service, they replied and said that as long as you bring it back to the local post office and state it is "RTS", i.e. Return to Sender, you will not have to bear the return postage charges. I certainly hope so!

the only problem with that is the fact there's no tracking number when you use their package.when and if they receive it is going to take some patience.

"Hi,

Thank you for your email.

I have cancelled your order as requested. We apologise that we were unable to fulfil your order within the time frame stated, and regret any inconvenience this may have caused.

Please note, we have not charged payment for this order - We only process purchases when orders are ready to dispatch.

Regards,

Frank | Online Customer Service Team | JB Hi-fi Online
Australia: www.jbhifionline.com.au | New Zealand: http://shop.jbhifi.co.nz"

phew!!

Wow what a disappointment. These are nothing like the previous slipcases. These were going to be my first steel slips and I was really excited when I saw pics of the previous Saving Private Ryan. I just spent $130+ for 6 of these? I could've bought 6 quality steelbooks from play.com for that much money.

Too bad I can't just return them as they're being shipped to the USA. Oh well, it's better than the amaray packaging for my Star Trek and Forrest Gump.

I have a strong feeling that the Gladiator steel slip at JB New Zealand is the same. EFFIN A!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: