Iron Man (ZBOX) (Blu-ray SteelBook Lenticular) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: August 31st, 2015 (Zbox) and November 23rd 2015 (Steelbook)
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £39.99

zboxim.jpg

iron-man-2-580x337.jpg iron-man-2-2-580x337.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've only thought 2 of the tees were okay. The zombie one and the lost boys one. And the pops I've Seen except the one I got in the justice box - batman 01 was all rubbish. And then the add a cool baby groot a month after everyone who wanted one pre ordered it and had already got it. It needs to be an exclusive pop, not one from the website. They just don't have a clue really
The curator says they get new stuff in when that's just a massive lie, the pops they have included are from their website and the plush doll this month is. Don't know how you can blatently lie like that.

That's true, Yep I have seen most of the zbox gear appear individually on the site. It does seem pointless getting one if they include a pop because if you have any you could get one you have already. At least lootcrate get exclusive figures.

Reactions: Flloydo
So I put my money where my mouth was and bought the bundle and the ZBOX arrived today. As you can see the mug arrived damaged, not happy as I promised this to my boy who's autistic and he was very excited to receive this only to see him disappointed.
Needless to say I've made a complaint.
It's a shame that there was not a choice to buy the Steelbook individually, as Zavvi may have assumed Steelbook collectors also like collectables but this will not be the case with everyone.
I'm not knocking anyone who loves mystery boxes. I'm a massive comic book collector/fan but I'd guess that not every Steelbook fan is a comic book fan.
Hopefully Zavvi will give the consumer a choice in the future, or risk losing customers.
Like I said it was my choice to buy this so no one forced me and I could have taken a chance and waited but when that would be is anyone's guess. I've got no problem spending £40 on a Steelbook (Nova/Blufans) I'd hope that Zavvi may at some point trial a premium Steelbook package like Nova/Blufans/Film Arena.
Sorry for the long comment hopefully it doesn't come across as a rant.#ninjalove

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,003.5 KB · Views: 149
So I put my money where my mouth was and bought the bundle and the ZBOX arrived today. As you can see the mug arrived damaged, not happy as I promised this to my boy who's autistic and he was very excited to receive this only to see him disappointed.
It's a shame that there was not a choice to buy the Steelbook individually, as Zavvi may have assumed Steelbook collectors also like collectables but this will not be the case with everyone.
I'm not knocking anyone who loves mystery boxes. I'm a massive comic book collector/fan but I'd guess that not every Steelbook fan is a comic book fan.
Hopefully Zavvi will give the consumer a choice in the future, or risk losing customers.
Like I said it was my choice to buy this so no one forced me and I could have taken a chance and waited but when that would be is anyone's guess. I've got no problem spending £40 on a Steelbook (Nova/Blufans) I'd hope that Zavvi may at some point trial a premium Steelbook package like Nova/Blufans/Film Arena.
Sorry for the long comment hopefully it doesn't come across as a rant.#ninjalove
Sorry to read that about your damaged mug. Especially as it was for your boy. Hope Zavvi fixes this issue right away! Keep us informed!

Reactions: IRON MAN
Daaaaaaaaamn that sucks :( i hope you get replacement, and won't have same results.

Reactions: IRON MAN
It's always the same scenario with these "mystery" boxes...we have so many of them here in the states. Loot Crate, Nerd Block, Horror Block, Arcade Block, etc etc...all the same JUNK! I started a 3 month subscription to Loot Crate to obtain an "exclusive Funko Pop" and once the boxes of useless stuff started to pile up I knew it was time to cancel.

Ok....as i said i ordered this....purely because of the Iron Man steelbook!!!

If Zavvi DO put the Iron Man steelbook up on it's own then i will clearly do something about it as it categorically states "EXCLUSIVE TO" on the description....the Captain America Zbox says "WITH"....nothing about "exclusive to".......so Zavvi need to be really careful about what they do with the copies that are bound to be left over!!!!

But back to the Zbox...apart from the mug which i'll use at work...what an absolute pile of dross!!:wtf::wtf::wtf:

I already have the first Zavvi Captain America steelbook and i don't give two tosses for 3D so hopefully the October Zbox goes tits-up on Zavvi big time!!! :smug::smug::smug::smug:

So glad I didn't bend to this! What a pile of utter c**p [emoji90] will take my chances on eBay, there's bound to be a scalper who's paid stupid money for 20 boxes of this!! They will be making a loss then! LOL

Reactions: BluSteel2012
I got a bonus in my zbox - a single solitary black jack, very weird

i got that too, odd.

I have seen a few unboxings of this and some people do like the contents. I thought it was pretty **** as always but wanted the steelbook. I only liked the drive comic and plush. ah well. But everyone has different opinions and taste, i am not sure why people are being criticised if they think it was ok, and having pops in the background, so what? lol, there are lots of people that like pop funkos, i do, would have prefered one in this box.
Ah well i look at it as having been like £10 as used a discount code and the steel was like £25, the plush is £9.99 on their website so, guess the box was just about worth £10...just..

Last edited:
Reactions: GoDo and Mickle_89
i got that too, odd.

I have seen a few unboxings of this and some people do like the contents. I thought it was pretty **** as always but wanted the steelbook. I only liked the drive comic and plush. ah well. But everyone has different opinions and taste, i am not sure why people are being criticised if they think it was ok, and having pops in the background, so what? lol, there are lots of people that like pop funkos, i do, would have prefered one in this box.
Ah well i look at it as having been like £10 as used a discount code and the steel was like £25 so it was just about worth £10...just..
Agree with you @Flash

I'm not a fan of the ZBOX but do admit, I did want the Iron Man Lenticular Steelbook so when I received a Zavvi mystery discount code of 15% off, I took the bate and ordered for £33.99.

I see it as Iron Man Steelbook= £24.99 and ZBOX= £9 so all in all, not too bad. My Stepson enjoyed the single Blackjack sweet whilst I actually like the Deadpool plush and I can never have too many mugs for my tea and coffee LOL :)

I'm sure the handwarmers may come in useful at some point also but for £9, I'm not really too fussed...

Off topic, but I simultaneously ordered Mission Impossible: The Ultimate Collection Steelbook at the equivalent price of GBP 33.99... Again, not a bad price IMO.

Agree with you @Flash

I'm not a fan of the ZBOX but do admit, I did want the Iron Man Lenticular Steelbook so when I received a Zavvi mystery discount code of 15% off, I took the bate and ordered for £33.99.

I see it as Iron Man Steelbook= £24.99 and ZBOX= £9 so all in all, not too bad. My Stepson enjoyed the single Blackjack sweet whilst I actually like the Deadpool plush and I can never have too many mugs for my tea and coffee LOL :)

I'm sure the handwarmers may come in useful at some point also but for £9, I'm not really too fussed...

Off topic, but I simultaneously ordered Mission Impossible: The Ultimate Collection Steelbook at the equivalent price of GBP 33.99... Again, not a bad price IMO.

Yeah you are right the mug was also not bad, I love Harley Quinn so not terrible.

To be honest, while the ZBox is disappointing to me, a few friends & family members have birthdays coming up so I'll be dividing up the contents and giving them away. I think they'll make for some nice, small extra gifts.

To be honest, while the ZBox is disappointing to me, a few friends & family members have birthdays coming up so I'll be dividing up the contents and giving them away. I think they'll make for some nice, small extra gifts.

:LOL: I would love to see their reaction when they see what you gave them :rofl:

I not got mine yet but what what I have seen that's in the renegades Zbox
Decent items
DC Comics Harley Quinn Bombshells - Mug
Deadpool Plush Figure
Drive Comic

Average items
MILLI-COM Rogue Trooper Metal Dog Tag

Depending on the customer might like or be not be interested in
Breaking Bad Hand Warmers

The rest is not worth even mentioning and waste of time

What's in the Renegades Zbox connected to Iron Man absolutely nothing (n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)
What's the point of having a Iron Man Steelbook exclusive with a Zbox and have no item in the Zbox that's connected to Iron Man (n)

In my opinion a steelbook release should at all times be separate for sale and not tied to a Zbox
If the contents of the Zbox had exclusive decent quality items connected to the steelbook film it might make it a good purchase but that has not happened with Renegades Zbox

They did get it right with Dredd Steelbook and Cops Zbox as the items in that Zbox was connected to Dredd and they let you have the option to purchase the steelbook on its own

Last edited: