Iron Man (ZBOX) (Blu-ray SteelBook Lenticular) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: August 31st, 2015 (Zbox) and November 23rd 2015 (Steelbook)
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £39.99

zboxim.jpg

iron-man-2-580x337.jpg iron-man-2-2-580x337.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A word of advice, might be worth leaving your z-box sealed until you receive your Ironman steelbook. As in my case with a previous z-box deal, if you don't get your steelbook, you can only get a full refund if the z-box hasn't been opened. They will refund the cost of the steel only, and you have a z-box and no steel. Basically conned into buying a z-box, this way of bundling items together, would be fine if they had a proper stock system but they don't. I will be interested to see how many customers actually receive the Ironman steel. This is the final insult, when you pre-order a steelbook three months in advance and don't even get a despatch e-mail when its sent. Hopefully this company has learnt from previous z-box deals, although i don't have much faith. I used to use Zavvi alot, but after the way i was treated by them in this situation, it made me go elsewhere for my steels. So they have lost my custom.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Wow. What an absolute pile of rubbish in that Z-Box...clearly junk that people would never look twice at.....breaking bad warmers ....seriously !?

But to be fair Zavvi are a retailer and need to shift left over stock that wouldn't normally sell...if the bundle with the steelbook has boosted sales in any way I can in see them continuing this.
Only one way to stop it ....don't cave in !

Reactions: dLux
Agree with you @Flash
I see it as Iron Man Steelbook= £24.99 and ZBOX= £9 so all in all, not too bad. My Stepson enjoyed the single Blackjack sweet whilst I actually like the Deadpool plush and I can never have too many mugs for my tea and coffee LOL :)

I'm sure the handwarmers may come in useful at some point also but for £9, I'm not really too fussed...
The mug is nice (I like the DC Bombshell artwork generally) and I needed a new travelcard holder (and Captain Cold is slightly less lame after Wentworth Miller's terrific version on The Flash TV show). A couple of friends have asked for the other tat - amazingly the handwarmers were claimed first, takes all sorts :)

A word of advice, might be worth leaving your z-box sealed until you receive your Ironman steelbook. As in my case with a previous z-box deal, if you don't get your steelbook, you can only get a full refund if the z-box hasn't been opened. They will refund the cost of the steel only, and you have a z-box and no steel. Basically conned into buying a z-box, this way of bundling items together, would be fine if they had a proper stock system but they don't. I will be interested to see how many customers actually receive the Ironman steel. This is the final insult, when you pre-order a steelbook three months in advance and don't even get a despatch e-mail when its sent. Hopefully this company has learnt from previous z-box deals, although i don't have much faith. I used to use Zavvi alot, but after the way i was treated by them in this situation, it made me go elsewhere for my steels. So they have lost my custom.
The Renegades ZBOX in which I received arrived in a black packaging bag so the box itself doesn't have any type of seal.

Therefore, you are able to open, view and examine the contents whilst you await the dispatch of the Iron Man Steelbook.

The products in my ZBOX will stay as they are until I receive confirmation that my Steelbook has been dispatched. If I don't receive dispatch confirmation and/or the Iron Man Steelbook itself, I will simply contact Zavvi and send the ZBOX back for the full reimbursement of £33.99 I initially paid.

The Renegades ZBOX in which I received arrived in a black packaging bag so the box itself doesn't have any type of seal.

Therefore, you are able to open, view and examine the contents whilst you await the dispatch of the Iron Man Steelbook.

The products in my ZBOX will stay as they are until I receive confirmation that my Steelbook has been dispatched. If I don't receive dispatch confirmation and/or the Iron Man Steelbook itself, I will simply contact Zavvi and send the ZBOX back for the full reimbursement of £33.99 I initially paid.

i was thinking this, but will they not class the outer bag as the packaging? so it's been opened :(

i was thinking this, but will they not class the outer bag as the packaging? so it's been opened :(
No I don't think so @Flash...

I can't see that as being an issue at all. The ZBOX and contents (in my case) are as-new and untouched.

As per my previous post, if I don't receive the Iron Man Steelbook, I can assure you that I will be contacting Zavvi and demanding a full refund. They should respond and provide a pre-paid Collect+ shipping label so I can return the package free of charge.

I'm 99.9% sure they will honour this request if the worst case scenario should occur.

However, I'm optimistic this won't be the case ... :)

Reactions: Flash
No I don't think so @Flash...

I can't see that as being an issue at all. The ZBOX and contents (in my case) are as-new and untouched.

As per my previous post, if I don't receive the Iron Man Steelbook, I can assure you that I will be contacting Zavvi and demanding a full refund. They should respond and provide a pre-paid Collect+ shipping label so I can return the package free of charge.

I'm 99.9% sure they will honour this request if the worst case scenario should occur.

However, I'm optimistic this won't be the case ... :)

I hope so, also if the steelbooks don't turn up I think if enough people do this they shouldn't have a problem. I opened it but have just left the stuff untouched, although i don't even have the bag to put over it, will that matter? @Mickle_89

(note, the stuff was fine but the whole point was to get the steelbook so no steelbook no point and should refund)

Last edited:
If you don't receive all contents of your order your contract of sale has not been completed
It don't matter if you have already opened part of your order already delivered untill you receive all items you ordered and paid for your order has not been completed

Your rights
If part of your order you paid for has not arrived you can return what you have already received and get a full refund because your contract of sale has not been completed

It is though important you keep all packaging as in the box and all its contents if you need to return to the items to the seller for your full refund

Untill the seller supplies all contents in your order your contract of sale has not been met and if they fail to supply you with any missing item you ordered you can cancel the contract of sale and return goods already received and request a full refund

Note
You dont need to keep the packaging as in what it was posted in

Returning goods for a refund would be
Packaging = ZBox itself and the contents inside

Its up to you what type of packaging you use to send this original packaging as in ZBox and its contents back to the seller

Last edited:
I hope so, also if the steelbooks don't turn up I think if enough people do this they shouldn't have a problem. I opened it but have just left the stuff untouched, although i don't even have the bag to put over it, will that matter? @Mickle_89

(note, the stuff was fine but the whole point was to get the steelbook so no steelbook no point and should refund)
FYI: I have kept all the original packaging just in case. However, again, I can't see that as being an issue.

If for some unfortunate reason you did have to send the ZBOX back, just place the ZBOX inside another packaging bag fully labelled up, along with your returns form inside and you should be fine.

I haven't read the threads where steelbooks are bought only twinned with ZBOXs but these posts concerning the steelbook maybe not being sent seem a bit strange - I mean, has this happened before, where the box was sent and the steelbook wasn't ?

It seems ridiculous going to all the trouble of buying the two items (with many buying the ZBOX just for the "exclusive to ZBOX" (?) steelbook) and then the steelbook isn't sent out !?

I thought the idea of buying the ZBOX was to GUARANTEE the steelbook :)

EDIT: Zavvi's listing for this combo reads, and I quote "The deluxe edition of this month's ZBOX guarantees you will also be able to get your hands on Iron Man Limited Edition Zavvi Exclusive Lenticular Steelbook."
I don't know if the wording of the listing has been changed recently but I'm pretty sure there was some ambiguity in the original listing regarding whether the steelbook was "Exclusive" to Zavvi or "Exclusive" to the ZBOX.
As it reads now I'm more hopeful than before of a standalone steelbook in October :)

Last edited:
I haven't read the threads where steelbooks are bought only twinned with ZBOXs but these posts concerning the steelbook maybe not being sent seem a bit strange - I mean, has this happened before, where the box was sent and the steelbook wasn't ?

It seems ridiculous going to all the trouble of buying the two items (with many buying the ZBOX just for the "exclusive to ZBOX" (?) steelbook) and then the steelbook isn't sent out !?

There have been a few people on here who bought a Zbox with dredd and the Zbox bundle with rataoulille (and possibly wall.e) and they were charged for the Zbox and steeelbook but when it came to the steelbook being released they never got a dispatch or recived the steelbook. This is why I contacted them about this in regards to the age of ultron bundle and mentioned it in the thread, I was reading the posts where that had happened so I decided to message them to see how these orders work. That's when they said to me the customer is still not guaranteed a copy even if they did pay £35-£42 for a Zbox/ steelbook bundle already. They are working on their systems to show split orders (an order that has 2 seperate items that comes out at different times but you have fully paid and their system shows as complete at the moment, when it's not)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: virkia
I don't mind these Zbox's, I've only had 2 and while a lot of it is tat some of the stuff is nice (the Dredd badge and comic, the Harly bombshell mug). Any of the stuff which is tat I just give to my daughter to play with (there was a megaphone with the Dredd one, the Deadpool plush from this months)

That is the whole point @virkia (to guarantee a copy of the Steel) but as stated by @Flloydo, previous ZBOX couplings with a Steelbook have still ended up with an unfortunate minority of customers that never even received the Steelbook as promised.

This is Zavvi we're talking about here :banghead: and nothing ceases to amaze me where they're concerned anymore...

Reactions: Flloydo
So I put my money where my mouth was and bought the bundle and the ZBOX arrived today. As you can see the mug arrived damaged, not happy as I promised this to my boy who's autistic and he was very excited to receive this only to see him disappointed.
Needless to say I've made a complaint.
It's a shame that there was not a choice to buy the Steelbook individually, as Zavvi may have assumed Steelbook collectors also like collectables but this will not be the case with everyone.
I'm not knocking anyone who loves mystery boxes. I'm a massive comic book collector/fan but I'd guess that not every Steelbook fan is a comic book fan.
Hopefully Zavvi will give the consumer a choice in the future, or risk losing customers.
Like I said it was my choice to buy this so no one forced me and I could have taken a chance and waited but when that would be is anyone's guess. I've got no problem spending £40 on a Steelbook (Nova/Blufans) I'd hope that Zavvi may at some point trial a premium Steelbook package like Nova/Blufans/Film Arena.
Sorry for the long comment hopefully it doesn't come across as a rant.#ninjalove
Just an update to my original post Zavvi have said they will credit my account by £5, so credit where it's due they tried. They didn't comment about my feedback on selling the steelbook individually and giving customers a fair and open choice.
Thanks for all your kind comments fellow ninjas.

If you don't receive all contents of your order your contract of sale has not been completed
It don't matter if you have already opened part of your order already delivered untill you receive all items you ordered and paid for your order has not been completed

Your rights
If part of your order you paid for has not arrived you can return what you have already received and get a full refund because your contract of sale has not been completed

It is though important you keep all packaging as in the box and all its contents if you need to return to the items to the seller for your full refund

Untill the seller supplies all contents in your order your contract of sale has not been met and if they fail to supply you with any missing item you ordered you can cancel the contract of sale and return goods already received and request a full refund

Note
You dont need to keep the packaging as in what it was posted in

Returning goods for a refund would be
Packaging = ZBox itself and the contents inside

Its up to you what type of packaging you use to send this original packaging as in ZBox and its contents back to the seller

I don't have the outer bag :( do you really think that won't matter?

I don't have the outer bag :( do you really think that won't matter?
You don't need the outer bag that's not considered original packaging that's what they used to post it to you its purpose was to protect it during transit and where your address label was put on

The goods delivered to you was the Zbox itself and all the contents you got inside the Zbox that is what is considered original packaging

When you return the item for a refund you use whatever packaging you have or need to use that's your choice how well its protected to post the Zbox back to them

All you need it something that will protect it in transit and have the address on it

Last edited:
Zavvi screwed badly with this release, I think at least everybody who placed the order deserved to receive the steelbook and enjoy it already... not ended up received only half damaged ZBox and without the steelbook...

Last edited: