Iron Man (ZBOX) (Blu-ray SteelBook Lenticular) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: August 31st, 2015 (Zbox) and November 23rd 2015 (Steelbook)
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £39.99

zboxim.jpg

iron-man-2-580x337.jpg iron-man-2-2-580x337.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like to admit it but there is an elitist culture on this forum and it is pretty embarrassing. It is all about being part of little cliques, tagging your mates and putting down those who don't agree with the general consensus. (n)

That is sadly true, this place is amazing and I honestly love it and there is so many kind and talented people here but sadly like anywhere there is the 'cool kids' who find some kind of enjoyment of slagging stuff and then if you don't agree with the 'mainstream' view then as I was called 'a lesser collector' because I like this release which is simply embarrassing but you just have to try and ignore it and if you like something even if everyone else hates that's up to you

That is sadly true, this place is amazing and I honestly love it and there is so many kind and talented people here but sadly like anywhere there is the 'cool kids' who find some kind of enjoyment of slagging stuff and then if you don't agree with the 'mainstream' view then as I was called 'a lesser collector' because I like this release which is simply embarrassing but you just have to try and ignore it and if you like something even if everyone else hates that's up to you

If the "lesser collector" comment is aimed towards me, I suggest you re-read my posts, where the context of my message was self explanatory.

I do not have a clique in here and I do not give anyone lip service either.

I purchase steels because I like them, because I want them. If someone does not like them, it makes no blind bit of difference to me, at all.

I will clarify once more - IMO this steel is bad. In fact, very poor IMO

But, you purchasing the steelbook does not make you a lesser collector, either to me or in general. If there are small minded people that look down at someone in this situation, then they are very petty and childish.

If the "lesser collector" comment is aimed towards me, I suggest you re-read my posts, where the context of my message was self explanatory.

I do not have a clique in here and I do not give anyone lip service either.

I purchase steels because I like them, because I want them. If someone does not like them, it makes no blind bit of difference to me, at all.

I will clarify once more - IMO this steel is bad. In fact, very poor IMO

But, you purchasing the steelbook does not make you a lesser collector, either to me or in general. If there are small minded people that look down at someone in this situation, then they are very petty and childish.

It wasn't aimed at you directly a few people have said similar comments and to not just me.

In your opinion this steelbook is 'bad' 'very poor' that's fine that's your view.

I like it and alot of other people do as well.

I agree with you the small minded people who are making people feel bad and to be honest are spoiling some people's enjoyment just because they don't like something is pretty low. It seems to be happening more and more which is a shame. It doesn't bother me i have never been one to be in any cliques or have too many 'mainstream' opinions and will often speak my mind if I think people are being a bit sad and I will continue to do so.

I really hope that RDJ continues he's has been an awesome iron man, he is a great example of turning your life around and making something brilliant. I remember being sad when he got sacked from ally Mcbeal after being arrested as he was amazing in it but so glad he came back brilliantly. Please stay as Iron Man

There's something about Iron Man (and Marvel to a lesser extent) steelbooks that bring out the most heated debates.

For years we had the whole FS vs. Play argument. The proponents of the FS version constantly bringing up how rare it was and how much it was worth as an arguments for why it was better. While both points were true, I always preferred Play's version (thinner red border, no blue banner and more than just half of Iron Man's face on the front), but was constantly being told I was wrong and was only saying Play's version was better to justify to myself owning it rather than the FS version.

Now we have versions that are definitely better than the FS one. I much prefer the Blufans (or Kimichi I think) version over Play's one too. But like FS's, I don't own those either but can still say they're better than the one I have. I had every chance to get the Blufans version, and could certainly have bought the FS one even at a vastly inflated price if I'd wanted it but 1 steelbook per movie is enough for me.

Each of us has different wants and likes when it comes to steelbooks. Some want titles on the spine others don't care. Some prefer glossy but others matte is fine. A few want all-singing, all-dancing lenti's, slips, art cards and numbered stickers. I just throw that lot away. Of course with Marvel titles some just want 1 of every version and currently have half a dozen IM steelbooks sitting on their shelf. That's fine too.

No one should be made to feel bad for owning one version over another (because of personal choice or cost).

I thought the Kimchi IM steel was below par and way too dark, but this sets a new low lol.
I'm not even sure a gloss treatment would have fixed it. At least they could have included the special features disc. Way too barebones for the price.
Disney Marvel made life tough for the Asian companies in design approval yet they provide WEA opportunities for a set of Marvel wave for Zavvi and then cut corners and deliver a hap hazard product, sigh.

Oh the bright side, we may be able to get the Marvel wave for a good bargain in the near future and yes, I'll buy it lol.

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
It's a good point.

Disney (for reasons best known to themselves) have decided to produce low-grade items in general for their Marvel range. I understand the lack of titles from a distribution standpoint, even though it's not my preferred choice, but for some of the recent standard releases the finish and/or designs are just poor.

An inaccurate Walkman on GotG with dull matte finish.
Matte with slight spot-gloss on Avengers: AoU with lacking embossing.
SSD card design for Ant-Man also with a matte finish.

Then we get to the recent Zavvi exclusives (I don't blame Zavvi, they just sell 'em). No consistent designs (just like their Disney Classics range), some look painted, others use photos. Iron Man 3 has a framed picture on the back, none of the others do. Thor looks quite nice, Thor: TDW is a Photoshop nightmare. Iron Man has the title vertical, others horizontal. The finishing on all of them I imagine is matte. Bonus discs missing (a common Disney tactic on catalog titles).

This was the perfect chance to make an amazing looking set. Maybe with theatrical poster art on the front, spines with titles all at the same height, a logo or associated image on the back and bonus discs included, topped off with a glossy finish (wouldn't bother with lenti's personally). Oh, and at a reasonable price-point. Such a shame, as they would fly of the shelves if combined they looked like a set to be proud of.

It's a good point.

Disney (for reasons best known to themselves) have decided to produce low-grade items in general for their Marvel range. I understand the lack of titles from a distribution standpoint, even though it's not my preferred choice, but for some of the recent standard releases the finish and/or designs are just poor.

Then we get to the recent Zavvi exclusives (I don't blame Zavvi, they just sell 'em). No consistent designs (just like their Disney Classics range), some look painted, others use photos. Iron Man 3 has a framed picture on the back, none of the others do. Thor looks quite nice, Thor: TDW is a Photoshop nightmare. Iron Man has the title vertical, others horizontal. The finishing on all of them I imagine is matte. Bonus discs missing (a common Disney tactic on catalog titles).

This was the perfect chance to make an amazing looking set. Maybe with theatrical poster art on the front, spines with titles all at the same height, a logo or associated image on the back and bonus discs included, topped off with a glossy finish (wouldn't bother with lenti's personally). Oh, and at a reasonable price-point. Such a shame, as they would fly of the shelves if combined they looked like a set to be proud of.

Couldn't have put it better myself :thumbs:

I think that some people are jumping the gun a bit regarding these Marvel lenti steelbook releases by condemning them before they have even been released - after all, only 2 of the 7 in the group have been sent out and those two don't look too bad based on the pics IMO and I've certainly seen worse.
Hopefully some of the others will be better received :)

RE: PRICING: When this is released as a standalone along with "CA" unless I am very much mistaken no price has been set for either release and this COULD conceivably be priced @GBP 19.99 before discount which would not be unreasonable for a one discer IMO.

Last edited:
It's a good point.

Absolutely spot on!

Been a while since I checked this thread... forgot it was released this month. Steelbook looks pretty good anyway (it's certainly not the worst IM steel IMO), although I'm still more than happy with my Play version. To those that bought this and are happy with it... good for you! To those that have a different version and are happy with it... good for you! Whether you like it or not, you're obviously welcome to share your opinion, but please be respectful about it.

Judging by some instagram pictures it looks pretty good. Id probably be very happy if it wasnt for it being 1-disc. Outrageous price for a 1-disc release even with a lenti.
Cant really say anything about the lenti quality though as you pretty much have to have it in hand to make a fair judgement but remembering the Avengers Assemble one, it probably isnt positive if they havent learned from that disaster.

1-disc aside, lenti aside, the actual steelbook looks good.

Been a while since I checked this thread... forgot it was released this month. Steelbook looks pretty good anyway (it's certainly not the worst IM steel IMO), although I'm still more than happy with my Play version. To those that bought this and are happy with it... good for you! To those that have a different version and are happy with it... good for you! Whether you like it or not, you're obviously welcome to share your opinion, but please be respectful about it.

Well said Sir, couldn't agree more :thumbs:

I just got it and as I took it out the box my mate said "...what a lovely steelbook.."
and I agree, I'm really happy with it :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Noodles
Well said Sir, couldn't agree more :thumbs:

I just got it and as I took it out the box my mate said "...what a lovely steelbook.."
and I agree, I'm really happy with it :)
Glad you're happy with it. If I didn't already have the Play version, then I probably would've been all over this. The only thing that really lets it down (IMO) is the fact that it's not gloss. Apart from that it turned out really nice!

Reactions: Flash
Steelbook looks good to me honestly. Is it worth £40 and a forced ZBox? Nah not IMO. But to say the actual steel is rubbish is bit much. Yeah opinions and all that but this is far from a bad steelbook compared to what we have seen release as collectors. Maybe the price and shenanigans to actually get the steel compared to the output wasnt up to par is making people overcritical. Expectations are always sky high with Marvel Avengers steel and Zavvi hate/debate/discussion has been plaguing the forums since its steelbook inception so it is what it is but geeez lol. I want that lenti to put on my Play.com IM steelbook lol.

Having more fun after quitting this hobby. One day you will have 10 Iron Man Steelbooks sitting in your shelves gathering dust. With UHD BD around the corner expect the more re-releases. Thankfully I am out of this unsustainable game.

Quit the hobby, but still can't let go, can you? ;)

But you are right. I have also began to ask myself why I have 5 Iron Man steelbooks... Personally I like the play.com one the most :thumbs:

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187