It's my honour to finally properly introduce you to

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
The former Play.com Product Buyer of SteelBooks.

All this time his identity has been kept secret. He gave the go-ahead to do this introduction and it's truly an honor / honour.

He's a hardcore collector now like many of you. And I may have had a lot to do with that. :joy:

Some things that he's responsible of making happen and credit to the HDN Staff as well. @digitalbabe @apsmith21

Winner of a 'SB Of The Year' award, the Terminator HDN voted inside art, an end to printed logos and rears, mandatory inside art, front & rear 'bossing, a few grail reprints saved and countless other industry firsts and disasters avoided.

He was one of the first and most active Product Buyers to work hand in hand with HDN for many things and it's been an absolute joy working with him throughout the years.

You all might know him as .... @zoneism :thumbs:

If you own any great Play Steels he had a lot to do with them and he's a Ninja for life! :woot:

Last edited:
I think a few people have rose tinted spectacles on when it comes to Play.com. They were the first company to really start milking the Steelbook cash cow and Zavvi just carried on where they left off.

Reactions: lolwut
Luke:OMG::naughty:;):rofl: @zoneism , wow, what a surprise. . Thank you so so much for helping to bring better steelbooks to us collectors:notworthy::notworthy: my first steelbook I bought was crouching tiger, it had a blue banner, certificate rating logo's, printed back, I bought it cos it was unique over the amaray but I wasn't overly impressed with all the negatives.. then I found the beautiful play.com steels..and I was hooked! and now I know it was because of your hard work:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: and the mods of hdn:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
wow! a huge huge THANK YOU :drool::drool::drool::angel::angel::angel::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

@zoneism get your ass over to Zavvi! Just want to say thanks! :notworthy:

Not sure how much involvement you had in these, but Alien Anthology, Collateral, Shutter Island, Watchmen, Battle Royale and Fight Club are some of my prized steels! Terminator is in my Top 5 for sure, great to have the remastered disc with it too, rather than recycled discs a certain other retailer seems to like churning out!

I assume you have a copy of every release? :rofl:

@zoneism do you have a favorite steelbook you changed or brought up? Anything that was in the works and got scrapped but you know it would've done well?

Last edited:
Highlights for me are: both Iron Men, The Raid, Lawless, The Untouchables, The Godfather Trilogy, Men In Black Trilogy, Transformers, Braveheart, Pulp Fiction, Collateral, Battle Royale (Phew! I think that's nearly all of their releases!! :p)

Reactions: Flip and zoneism
You da man zoneism, :thumbs: we sure got a lot to be thankful for judging the way steelbooks started out. I've got my share of play.com steelbooks from HDN and ebay, so thanks again for your involvement in these great steelbooks and your dedication to HDN. :joy:;):) I won't talk about the current steelbook retailer we love to dislike, wish the other play.com were still around.

Play.com steelbooks in my collection. :thumbs:

Battle Royale
Hulk
Iron Man
Iron Man 2
Men In Black Trilogy
Pulp Fiction
Terminator
Top Gun
Watchmen
X-Men Origins Wolverine

Last edited:
Reactions: zoneism
@zoneism You sneaky devil you! The Play.com era is without a doubt my favourite and most memorable time during all of my steelbook collecting years... everything changed for the better around that time, and it looks as if you're the one to thank for that, so thanks a lot dude. :notworthy:

I don't exactly know what this means? But thanks @zoneism for all the steelbook goodness :)
@zoneism was intrumental in convincing Play and Entertainment Store to release numerous successful Steelbook releases, and has always been an advocate in keeping the hobby as unique as possible (including art). So proud that he is part of our community!

@zoneism was intrumental in convincing Play and Entertainment Store to release numerous successful Steelbook releases, and has always been an advocate in keeping the hobby as unique as possible (including art). So proud that he is part of our community!

Ah I see, wow that's fantastic,
He was already an awesome guy but now he is steelbook royality in my eyes :)