Jack Reacher (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Entertainment Store Exclusive) [UK]

zoneism

Steel Player
Premium Supporter
Mar 8, 2012
Looks like the UK will have a Steelbook release too!! :oohyeah:
This is an 'Entertainment Store' Exclusive.

Release Date: April 22nd, 2013 Sold out
Noticed this listing on Play.com's marketplace via 'EntertainmentStore', 500 qty avail.
£27.99 EEK!
http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/42863152/758656700/Jack-Reacher/ListingDetails.html

42863152_700x700min_1.jpg

42863152_700x700min_2.jpg

42863152_700x700min_3.jpg

Actual pics thanks to snooloui
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Old infos:
Note About Ordering From Entertainment Store said:
They will ONLY DELIVER TO UK ADDRESSES AT THE MOMENT.

A way around this: (confirmed by retailer thats its ok)

1) Order directly but add a UK HDN members address for delivery
OR
2) Ask a UK HDN member to kindly order it for you

So please be careful when ordering because if you've put an address outside the UK your order will be most likely be cancelled by Play.

Attachments

• 42863152_700x700min_1.jpg
    42863152_700x700min_1.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 382
  • 42863152_700x700min_2.jpg
    42863152_700x700min_2.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 303
  • 42863152_700x700min_3.jpg
    42863152_700x700min_3.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 331
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 323
Last edited by a moderator:
I thought I knew all the UK sellers but I've never heard of these :wtf:

Only been a PlayTrader since 24/10/12 and only 41 feedback

Between that and the stupid price and poor artwork I'll probably skip this

Thanks for the heads up Zone! And cheers for confirming Andy. :)

I haven't seen the film... is it any good? Not sure I'm willing to blind-buy at that price.

Reactions: zoneism
And who the hell are Entertainment Store!

I thought I knew all the UK sellers but I've never heard of these :wtf:

Only been a PlayTrader since 24/10/12 and only 41 feedback

Between that and the stupid price and poor artwork I'll probably skip this

I think it says a lot when a new business seller takes a leap and is looking to establish their business going forward with a limited steelbook run - HDN would have a simliar challenge selling to non-HDN members if we did our own special edition as well.

If they are willing to take a chance on the collector community, I'm interested in taking a chance on them, because who knows what more limited editions they can get in the future. :naughty: :LOL:

Last edited:
I can't believe this. I hope their packaging is half decent, it is exciting to see smaller print runs in the UK though.

I think it says a lot when a new business seller takes a leap and is looking to establish their business going forward with a limited steelbook run - HDN would have a simliar challenge selling to non-HDN members if we did our own special edition as well.

If they are willing to take a chance on the collector community, I'm interested in taking a chance on them, because who knows what more limited editions they can get in the future. :naughty: :LOL:

In that case, I can maybe be convinced to buy this. I'm all for helping small businesses out, especially if it means we'd be helping towards getting more very limited UK exclusives!

I think it'd help if we were given a little more information on Entertainment Store though... in regards to their packaging etc.

It say's in the comment section on the listing, "Packaged in custom steelbook mailers." Though, who know's what that'll be.

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

But yeah, it would be nice to know more about EntertainmentStore!

This will be a small order tagged on to a larger international print run, will be exactly the same as the European release, just with a UK J-Card

I believe this seller is part owned by Paramount, does raise the question why it is priced so expensively

Thanks for the heads up Zone! And cheers for confirming Andy. :)

I haven't seen the film... is it any good? Not sure I'm willing to blind-buy at that price.

I haven't seen it either mate so it's a blind-buy for me too

But if it's that limited then at £27.99 I'm not buying it to open anyway :p It will just keep my Blufans one company on the shelf

I'm glad to see another UK retailer cutting their teeth on steelbooks, even if it is on Plays marketplace. I'm guessing this is the first marketplace exclusive Steelbook too if they only sell it on Play?

I am now waiting a response from Entertainmentstore and will post it as soon as they let me know any details.

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

Well they dont hang around. Responded in around a minute. Brilliant !!
Here is their response

Thanks for your email.

To answer your questions:

1. I can confirm that this is an official UK release, complete with UK certed J-Card etc and NOT an import from another country.

2. We are a pure marketplace selling company currently operating through Play.com only

3. Sorry we don’t have a website

4. We ship all steelbooks in double thickness cardboard packaging with a restraining device inside to stop it moving around during transit. Short of someone running it over with a car this should mean it arrives in mint condition to you.

5. I'm afraid we can't reveal the exact print run on the Jack Reacher Steelbook at this stage, but it is significantly less than the usual 4,000 minimum run.

6. Our price is dictated by the price we buy these for – if we were able to buy them for less than the price would be lower.

Let me know if there’s anything else I can help with.

Regards,

Luke

Entertainment Store