Jack Reacher (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Entertainment Store Exclusive) [UK]

zoneism

Steel Player
Premium Supporter
Mar 8, 2012
Looks like the UK will have a Steelbook release too!! :oohyeah:
This is an 'Entertainment Store' Exclusive.

Release Date: April 22nd, 2013 Sold out
Noticed this listing on Play.com's marketplace via 'EntertainmentStore', 500 qty avail.
£27.99 EEK!
http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/42863152/758656700/Jack-Reacher/ListingDetails.html

42863152_700x700min_1.jpg

42863152_700x700min_2.jpg

42863152_700x700min_3.jpg

Actual pics thanks to snooloui
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Old infos:
Note About Ordering From Entertainment Store said:
They will ONLY DELIVER TO UK ADDRESSES AT THE MOMENT.

A way around this: (confirmed by retailer thats its ok)

1) Order directly but add a UK HDN members address for delivery
OR
2) Ask a UK HDN member to kindly order it for you

So please be careful when ordering because if you've put an address outside the UK your order will be most likely be cancelled by Play.

Attachments

• 42863152_700x700min_1.jpg
    42863152_700x700min_1.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 382
  • 42863152_700x700min_2.jpg
    42863152_700x700min_2.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 303
  • 42863152_700x700min_3.jpg
    42863152_700x700min_3.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 331
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 323
Last edited by a moderator:
Same as Parkman in regard to their response.

An edited version, but the same message.

£27 is quite steep, but with my £15 Play voucher could be worth it!

Last edited:
Reactions: Parkman
I'm still undecided but I preordered anyways. It says once you order in the order details:

Brand new and sealed. All pre-orders are shipped so you receive your item on the day of release. Packaged in custom steelbook mailers.

So that sounds great. 27.99 does seen quite a lot but then again it will probably have same print run as blufans china so just as limitied for a fraction of the cost. Plus the card will be English so i can read it ;)

I wasn't going to pre order any more steels but it seems this may be one the rarest steels because of its print run & may even be first UK holy grail and I would Defiently regret it if I missed out.

Reactions: Starling
Thanks for the info Parkman! Sounds like a promising company... now I just need to decide whether I think the film is worth a blind-buy at that price.

Ive pre ordered and taken a chance. If their packaging is as good as their customer service then brilliant no worries. If this is the first in a line of Entertainmentstore exclusives then I hope the rest are less than £27.99 OUCH !!! and OUCH again.

I will say this ... If you live in the UK and have pride in the UK steels in your collection then there will be a day that you get sad you didnt get this at this price.

The blufans edition will compete against this in rarity, sure. ... but if you are a UK collector you might not want to pass on this now.

And while this may seem expensive (and it is for a uK steel) I can say that you wont have a problem reselling it later without taking any sort of loss if for some reason you decide you no longer want it. Granted thats most likely if you keep it sealed only.

4. We ship all steelbooks in double thickness cardboard packaging with a restraining device inside to stop it moving around during transit. Short of someone running it over with a car this should mean it arrives in mint condition to you.

Anyone else think it sounds like the Amazon packaging?

Thought it was a pretty good film, wouldn't buy this version if you wanted to watch it though.

Significantly less than 4k has to be at least half. I ordered a copy. I hope my order sticks since I'm ordering it to a friend's address. Last time I did that Play cancelled my order.

I've gone for it. Had no interest in the movie itself but i'm all for supporting any new avenue for UK exclusives to come down :scat:

And who knows, maybe a nice ESS sticker :p

Missed out on the BluFans one (mainly because I was going to be broke when payment was required) so I've been looking for an alternative and gone with this one.

I think it's great news that there's somewhere else that will be offering UK exclusives :D

Reactions: BigBoss902012
4. We ship all steelbooks in double thickness cardboard packaging with a restraining device inside to stop it moving around during transit. Short of someone running it over with a car this should mean it arrives in mint condition to you.

First I've heard of a company using straight jackets on steelbooks...