Jaws (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (The Film Vault Range) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: July 29, 2024
Purchase links: Vice Press - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV (Pre-order from Monday April 15)
Price: £49.99 (Vice Press Exclusive Poster Edition) - £29.99 (Amazon - Zavvi - HMV)
Notes: Vice Press Exclusive Poster Edition limited to 300 - Hand numbered archival pigment print on 250gm Naturalis Absolute White Matt archival paper.

Jaws.jpg

jaws-film-vault-steelbook-poster-matt-ferguson-florey.png

Last edited:
Sleeve will help a little but its just pot luck really, Amazon the worst for packaging in my experience but no choice now all sold out except Amazon.

Amazon UK no issues for me in Republic of Ireland
Delivery is by Amazon prime van driver
It’s been a good few years since I had a parcel that arrived damaged.

Most orders since 2022 with a delivery address in Republic of Ireland are now shipped from Amazon Ireland Fulfillment Centre that’s based in Dublin.

I get next day delivery on most orders and some on same day.

I had a recent order that I ordered on Friday morning that was delivered a few hours later.

Note I have a prime subscription.

Amazons packing is so much worse than everyone else’s because it’s such thin bendy card. They use the thinnest around

PET slips do offer an extra layer of protection though I suppose

Reactions: hatredhorror
Amazon UK Jaws and Blade Runner is still available
Have placed order with them but will probably cancel as dont trust amazon with steels in saying that I heard getting them send as gift in gift bag works well.
But personally i see myself cancelling amazon order.

Surprised the Vice Press Poster edition is still available. Genuinely thought this would be the first to sell out. Looks like Blade Runner is the only one to sell out so far on their site

Would you say this is a surprise that only Bladerunner has sold out of all the poster editions? I thought Jaws would be first to go.
@paulboland always knows the answer.

I picked up Jaws, Goodfellas, and 2001.
All Blade Runner limited releases always sells out fast and poster edition was limited to 300

Note Blade Runner SteelBook only edition it's still available to order from Amazon UK.

Reactions: Jaxxx
More can easily be made during production if they are well received, especially if the earliest release date is July. They’ll be more available after release (but most likely a small batch from cancellations and leftovers) and they could possibly get announced in other countries
The editions sizes across the board are locked in. Once they are sold out, at any retailer, that is it. Doneso.

Apollo 13 and Shawshank are our 3rd and 4th best selling after BR and Jaws
I picked it up. I agree, it's a great design...but not at the level of Blade Runner, Goodfellas or Jaws.
I think a lot of us would have liked the film titles printed on the steelbooks, such as they are on the original posters.
Can I ask why that didn't happen - was that a choice made from higher up and not from VP?

I picked it up. I agree, it's a great design...but not at the level of Blade Runner, Goodfellas or Jaws.
I think a lot of us would have liked the film titles printed on the steelbooks, such as they are on the original posters.
Can I ask why that didn't happen - was that a choice made from higher up and not from VP?
We wanted the art on the covers to be clean. That's what the acetate slip is for, to include that information. It is a case of preference really. We preferred to do it this way.

We wanted the art on the covers to be clean. That's what the acetate slip is for, to include that information. It is a case of preference really. We preferred to do it this way.
Hi James/Vice, nice to have you here!

I did notice that the white boarder on the acetate slip is more narrow to the "key element" of the Steelbook art. Is this by design? Because thereby there is a lot more empty space between the title treatment and the format logos below?!

Yes, I know on Blade Runner the title is bigger, so less empty space... but even there, it could have a little less empty space.

f83a796d-2f1a-452d-98df-dc9951ec0bcd.jpg

I assume they are not printed by now? It would be great if you could take a second look at that issue?? :emb: Thumbs up at the rest of your awesome art:thanks:

578714cc-d561-4611-8f19-2caf8575d37d.jpg

Also on the 3d mock-ups, the center of the white boarder seems off.... ? As it's centred in the 2D mock-ups, that's only a preview issue?