Jaws (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (The Film Vault Range) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: July 29, 2024
Purchase links: Vice Press - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV (Pre-order from Monday April 15)
Price: £49.99 (Vice Press Exclusive Poster Edition) - £29.99 (Amazon - Zavvi - HMV)
Notes: Vice Press Exclusive Poster Edition limited to 300 - Hand numbered archival pigment print on 250gm Naturalis Absolute White Matt archival paper.

Jaws.jpg

jaws-film-vault-steelbook-poster-matt-ferguson-florey.png

Last edited:
Hi James/Vice, nice to have you here!

I did notice that the white boarder on the acetate slip is more narrow to the "key element" of the Steelbook art. Is this by design? Because thereby there is a lot more empty space between the title treatment and the format logos below?!

Yes, I know on Blade Runner the title is bigger, so less empty space... but even there, it could have a little less empty space.

View attachment 576283

I assume they are not printed by now? It would be great if you could take a second look at that issue? Thumbs up at the rest of your awesome art:thanks:
Yep, this is intentional. This was more of a decision by WB and Uni rather than ourselves. It won't be changed. Again, this one is more of a preference thing as what would you really put in that space. If you included something, it would need to be consistent across each title, which would make others messy.

Hi James/Vice, nice to have you here!

I did notice that the white boarder on the acetate slip is more narrow to the "key element" of the Steelbook art. Is this by design? Because thereby there is a lot more empty space between the title treatment and the format logos below?!

Yes, I know on Blade Runner the title is bigger, so less empty space... but even there, it could have a little less empty space.

View attachment 576283

I assume they are not printed by now? It would be great if you could take a second look at that issue?? :emb: Thumbs up at the rest of your awesome art:thanks:

View attachment 576284

Also on the 3d mock-ups, the center of the white boarder seems off.... ? As it's centred in the 2D mock-ups, that's only a preview issue?
Ha ha, it is interesting you raised this. WB created these and we flagged it straight away. it is just an error with the renderings. How it looks face on is how it will look. We tried to have it changed but it had already gone out to other retailers.

Yep, this is intentional. This was more of a decision by WB and Uni rather than ourselves. It won't be changed. Again, this one is more of a preference thing as what would you really put in that space. If you included something, it would need to be consistent across each title, which would make others messy.
Yeah, I thought that too. Better to have that "save" space for possible future releases and to keep everything consistent 100%. I like that approach.

Reactions: VicePress
Ha ha, it is interesting you raised this. WB created these and we flagged it straight away. it is just an error with the renderings. How it looks face on is how it will look. We tried to have it changed but it had already gone out to other retailers.
Haha good to hear that!

Yeah, as I'm working in graphics for Uni myself, I look at such details automatically :wacky:. Not a good thing as a movie collector and buyer of physical media however :rofl:

Reactions: VicePress
Would you say this is a surprise that only Bladerunner has sold out of all the poster editions? I thought Jaws would be first to go.
@paulboland always knows the answer.

I picked up Jaws, Goodfellas, and 2001.
Not really. Our market is primarily poster collectors rather than steelbook collectors and not all steelbook collectors. There is of course a cross over. If we can bring more steelbook collectors to collecting posters, and vice versa, awesome. Our intentional, when all said and done, is just to create stuff we love.

As a quick addendum - we don't actually have many left of any of the editions. They will also sell out, some quicker than others. Jaws maybe today.

@VicePress
Last question, is the BBFC rating logo in the spine final? Or only included in the mock-ups?

Because it would be REALLY GREAT to have no printed rating logo on the UK edition at ALL.

578714cc-d561-4611-8f19-2caf8575d37d-2.jpg

I think there is NO collectors who wants them on any artwork printed?!

@VicePress
Last question, is the BBFC rating logo in the spine final? Or only included in the mock-ups?

Because it would be REALLY GREAT to have no printed rating logo on the UK edition at ALL.

View attachment 576285

I think there is NO collectors who wants them on any artwork printed?!
I don't know the answer to that one. I THINK there are some rules that have to be followed. I agree it would be nice for it not to be on there but that is something we can't influence.

I don't know the answer to that one. I THINK there are some rules that have to be followed. I agree it would be nice for it not to be on there but that is something we can't influence.
As WB themselves use stickers for ratings on their own collectors editions (like the Exorcist 4K UCE), they must be okay with that somehow... with no BBFC ratings on the spine.

Maybe it would be worth it to check back with them about this topic.

The members / buys here on HDN would appreciate that absolutely! :) Right guys????

Reactions: Ranavalone
As WB themselves use stickers for ratings on their own collectors editions (like the Exorcist 4K UCE), they must be okay with that somehow... with no BBFC ratings on the spine.

Maybe it would be worth it to check back with them about this topic.

The members / buys here on HDN would appreciate that absolutely! :) Right guys????
They didn't for their PET mondos, they're hard printed. I'd prefer none, but I'm expecting it. It's a major win they aren't on the front as well tbh, so I'll take that.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
They didn't for their PET mondos, they're hard printed. I'd prefer none, but I'm expecting it. It's a major win they aren't on the front as well tbh, so I'll take that.
But they are not printed on other editions with PET slips! :)

IMG_8968.JPG

That's WBs Edge of Tomorrow UK UCE (from Zavvi) with the PET slip and BBFC logos as stickers only. So there has to be some WB internal rule for stickers on PET slips. Just what we need for the Vault range @VicePress

• Informative
Reactions: Billy Talent
I'm assuming it'll be printed given the rendered images but as the slips aren't transparent on the spine maybe it'd be possibly for some creative soul to make stickers from the same material to cover up the rating logos?

But they are not printed on other editions with PET slips! :)

View attachment 576293

That's WBs Edge of Tomorrow UK UCE (from Zavvi) with the PET slip and BBFC logos as stickers only. So there has to be some WB internal rule for stickers on PET slips. Just what we need for the Vault range @VicePress
That's a slip PET, not a steel PET lol you out there trying to find loopholes :rofl: WB slips have removable jcards, front and back, and stickers on front and/or side for bbfc purposes.

PET slips with printed rears do not have stickers on the slip. It's just the way it is for literally every UK PET with a printed rear I can think of. I'm not saying it can't be done, but it just isn't.

The only exceptions are MCU mondos (jcard) and paramount PET (also jcard). WB and LG etc.. all have printed rears and logos. Just be happy they aren't on the front as well.

Yeah, let’s just be happy and ignore any possibility of a better product.

BTW wanna back the blue Blu-ray banner??? :naughty:
Lets be real, this isn't about our views, it's about what WB will release based on their own policies. WB, the same studio that are so anal they insist on listing the entire cast and production credits on the rear of every bloody steel lol

Don't delude yourself that anything said here about it will make the slightest difference. They'll release exactly what they want to release. It's best to be realistic about it, and the reality is the PET has a printed back, so it'll have a printed bbfc on the spine.

So, yes, I am thankful the PET doesn't have a bbfc on the front, as the mondos WB released just a few months ago did.

P.s blue banner can suck my dick. Genuinely the worst idea anyone ever had :rofl:

Reactions: astycorax
P.s blue banner can suck my dick. Genuinely the worst idea anyone ever had :rofl:
That was leftover from the HD DVD times, to differentiate the formats 'at a glance'. Same why we still have those blue amarays and not everyone is using white Scanavo cases with full front available for the art.