King Kong (2005) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (HDzeta Special Edition Silver Label No.1) [China]

What do you think of the slipcase?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wxlinkswd

泽田
Premium Supporter
Feb 1, 2011
China
Release date: Feb. 2015
Notes: This is HDzeta Special Edition Silver Label No.1
Steelbook WWA, come with a booklet, post card and exclusive slipcase.
Black Slipcase embossed w/lenti card (not glued)
Limited 500 copies.

Group Buy: CLICK HERE (SOLD OUT)
45USD per copy (also includes shipping costs to HUB)
Limited to 1x copy per member (150x available for HDN members)

full

full

full

GB Opens: 10th March (150x available for HDN members)
New York (U.S.A. Tuesday, 10 March 2015, 10:00
London (United Kingdom) Tuesday, 10 March 2015, 14:00
Canberra (Australia ) Wednesday, 11 March 2015, 01:00
Paris (France) Tuesday, 10 March 2015, 15:00
Calgary (Canada) Tuesday, 10 March 2015, 08:00
São Paulo (Brazil) Tuesday, 10 March 2015, 11:00
Taipei (Taiwan) Tuesday, 10 March 2015, 22:00

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks lovely. In my opinion, the plain black slip with just the title is classy-looking and suits Peter Jackson's King Kong. That film wasn't meant to be just another flashy monster flick and as I've said in the past, I've always viewed it as more of a love story than an action film. This style looks nearly identical to the velvet DVD slipcover and that's one of my favourites, so I approve. Thanks, @wxlinkswd! :thumbs:

(though could you imagine a lenticular of Kong ripping apart the V-Rex's jaw?! :wow:)

This.

I have to add, though, it would've been nice if this was a slipbox rather than a slipcover as a slipbox protects the bottom of your SteelBook against your shelf.

And this.

This is dreadful, I'm not paying a fortune to have that.

So yes, a poll sounds like a good idea, anything but that black slip sounds like a great idea!

Reactions: augustus
FilmaRena is having their own version of this with fewer copies as well. Just have to wait and see who's overall packaging looks better and it all starts with the slipcover. So the polling is appropriate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Looks lovely. In my opinion, the plain black slip with just the title is classy-looking and suits Peter Jackson's King Kong. That film wasn't meant to be just another flashy monster flick and as I've said in the past, I've always viewed it as more of a love story than an action film. This style looks nearly identical to the velvet DVD slipcover and that's one of my favourites, so I approve. Thanks, @wxlinkswd! :thumbs:

(though could you imagine a lenticular of Kong ripping apart the V-Rex's jaw?! :wow:)

I am actually really digging the simplicity of the slip. I think you don't always need sophisticated art to be effective. @wxlinkswd ....my vote is to not change anything

Thanks for the tags NINJAS! @Apollon and @harry :cool: :notworthy:

I complete agree with @tridon and @frankfish44, the simplicity of the plain black slip is classy and a fine Edition that I would love to own! :thumbs: To be honest, I'll be content if it remained the same ;) But it wouldn't bother me too much if it was changed... I'm a sucker for anything KONG! :drool::emb:

@wxlinkswd But if it were to be changed, I would absolutely LOVE to see, one of these 2 images as the Slip or Lenti with the Blue KING KONG logo font! :notworthy:

Kong and Ann Meeting.jpg Kong Kicking ASS!.jpg KingKong_logo.jpg

king%20kong2.gif

I think the Black slip would be fine if they gave it a textured finish and spot glossed the title. But if it's just a plain black slip with no special treatment then yes it can be improved...:thumbs: