Kingsman: The Secret Service (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Kimchi Exclusive No. 22) [Korea]

Dec 2, 2014
UK, China
Release date: 13th of August, 2015
Purchase link:
Full Slip
Lenticular
(Pre-order 10:00AM 10th of July, 2015 Korea Time) You can use this time zone converter. Cancellation and unpaid orders go live at 2 PM, 18th of July (Korean Time)
Price: $34.99 SOLD OUT

Note:
Full Slip Version - no booklet (1000 copies)
Lenticular Version - no booklet (Total 1500 copies)

11698567_1750595668500976_8914404625616728738_n.jpg

11141138_1750595648500978_3798813140680948788_n.jpg
1513681_1751856085041601_1116662957646759661_n.jpg

11247963_1750595608500982_2431029305656581562_n.jpg
11210401_1751856045041605_9148038868932736533_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess not everyone puts priority about well thought of, put together quality packages.
As long as there is a slip and the steel, some people seem to be happy enough with that...
or other personal reasons(who knows) but it sold I am surprised actually...

I guess not everyone puts priority about well thought of, put together quality packages.
As long as there is a slip and the steel, some people seem to be happy enough with that...

I just picked one up because my Futureshop/Best Buy CA copy got scratched up. Also its always nice to have a full slip and I missed out on the FA GB.

Reactions: Actarus
Thats because it is a nice release and well put together. You seem to be drawing off the speculation that they spent no time creating this release just because there isn't a booklet and art cards like FA. I love Film Arena releases but lets be honest. Just because that release is going to be good doesn't mean this one isn't

I know your referring to PA but the only people that have access to that GB are on this site. Also the collecting community as a whole does not put FA in front of Kimichi and I don't think it is close. There last 3 choices for movies have just been poor as far as big time sales titles: Raid, ESOTSM, and Dallas Buyers Club, not exactly box office smashes.

Also acting like previous Kimichi Exclusives packages have been poor is a bit silly I know you love FA but I don't think they have surpassed Kimichi to the average collector. Especially considering Kimichi is doing A WWE. I'm not saying it will be better but the FAC is still new and the traffic Kimichi gets vs FA is probably substantial, they didn't even advertise this release. I'm a big FAC fan but it's pretty easy to see the interest in this Movie plus Kimichi Exclusive.

Reactions: Chenhao
Thats because it is a nice release and well put together. You seem to be drawing off the speculation that they spent no time creating this release just because there isn't a booklet and art cards like FA. I love Film Arena releases but lets be honest. Just because that release is going to be good doesn't mean this one isn't
I'd say it's a decent release with a half hearted effort. Good for those who missed CA release or don't mind double dipping. IMO Kimchi makes best full slip and no doubt this will have excellent slip but without extras it's just a step above barebones steelbook, that's it.

I bet some quantities come back in stock. 2500 copies in 2 hours? Seems a little hard to believe but who knows! I ordered a full slip ;)

Reactions: harry
These are really sold out? Didn't expect it to go that fast and I really wanted to pick up the lenti, at least. Dang it.

Are there usually cancellations on Kimchi releases or is that pretty uncommon? I've noticed that before, but I usually have it preordered already. I really wanted the lenti :(

These are really sold out? Didn't expect it to go that fast and I really wanted to pick up the lenti, at least. Dang it.

Are there usually cancellations on Kimchi releases or is that pretty uncommon? I've noticed that before, but I usually have it preordered already. I really wanted the lenti :(
I agree with @darczap- 2500 in an hour and a half seems unlikely to me.
I would keep my eyes open for the announcement of copies being back in stock.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: harry and RekLess
They will have some copies come back in stock probably. Quantities would be probably be low (100 or less) as they normally don't have many left.

I'd say it's a decent release with a half hearted effort. Good for those who missed FA release or don't mind double dipping. IMO Kimchi makes best full slip and no doubt this will have excellent slip but without extras it's just a step above barebones steelbook, that's it.
I never thought I'd see the day someone would call a steelbook release by Kimchi with Full Slip and Lenticular "just a step above barebones."

Hey guys. Nobody wants to buy my Thor 2 Kimchi lenti because I lost the art cards. It sucks now.

Don't mean to insult you buddy, Just thought that was funny.

i often wonder if these kind of things are business ploys for better word to stir a frenzy to buy them.sell them faster ,sell out
seem to get a lot of this kind of thing and "found some in the warehouse " kind of statements
So soon as go back on sale ,people who were sat on the fence or maybe not sure about getting one, start thinking only chance going to get it , everyone wants it,now rush to buy it
even thou maybe alot left to sell
especially after copys of the Raid left on self
As far as bare bones package
certainly reading comments on various forums seems to be as many people not interested in the bits and pieces you get with these steels as those who think make the package
aren't they just there to tempt you to buy the main dish

Last edited:
I never thought I'd see the day someone would call a steelbook release by Kimchi with Full Slip and Lenticular "just a step above barebones."

Hey guys. Nobody wants to buy my Thor 2 Kimchi lenti because I lost the art cards. It sucks now.

That's ok. [emoji2]

I still think it's a step above barebones. If it was WEA and just the slip then it would have been a different story. Not ever release by our beloved Asian retailer is a gem. They can make mistakes sometime and it's fine.

Reactions: Actarus
I know your referring to PA but the only people that have access to that GB are on this site. Also the collecting community as a whole does not put FA in front of Kimichi and I don't think it is close. There last 3 choices for movies have just been poor as far as big time sales titles: Raid, ESOTSM, and Dallas Buyers Club, not exactly box office smashes.

Also acting like previous Kimichi Exclusives packages have been poor is a bit silly I know you love FA but I don't think they have surpassed Kimichi to the average collector. Especially considering Kimichi is doing A WWE. I'm not saying it will be better but the FAC is still new and the traffic Kimichi gets vs FA is probably substantial, they didn't even advertise this release. I'm a big FAC fan but it's pretty easy to see the interest in this Movie plus Kimichi Exclusive.

I never made any reference whatsoever to any other Kimchi releases in a negative way nor did I mention one, unless I am loosing my mind. I don't know where you get this as I only spoke about this specific release... it is the Opposite, it isn't like Kimchi to put out a Package even if they use the WWA Steel and not add Bonus Items, that is what surprised me and that is what I made reference to.

And to speak about what the opinion of the ''collecting community'' in reference to which is seen as a better retailer ''comparing one retailer to another'' is a bit presumptuous of your part. You can Speak for your self that I respect ! but your opinion of what ''others'' think, I think that should be left aside and let people speak for themselves.

I think what this release brings is actually the WWA Steel(for those who missed) in a not so bad FullSlip And Lenti(does it have a WOW factor ???), but it does not bring more to the table than that. I don't think in terms of actual Packages, it's brings more than a fullslip and a steel(which is not even manufactured by Kimchi as it is WWA Steel), no one can say otherwise as there is no other components to this package. So is it a ''well thought of put together package'' ? Honestly it's only a slip and a steel(even though both will be quality doesn't change anything.)

Last edited:

I passed on this, but DONT GET ME WRONG, I LOVE KIMCHI!

Anyone who has seen my collection pics know I'm a huge Kimchi fan.

It's seems to me that KIMCHI has had bad timing its releases as of late...and using artwork that isn't WEA isn't a big of enough draw for some folks, amidst all the popular releases at the moment. I've got some big fish to fry right now, and so I had to pass.

However, I'm sure I will regret it an kick myself when the in-hand pics go viral. I'm sure this will kick ass and give FA a run for its money.
#support
#kimchi
#heavy weight in the SB game

Last edited:
Reactions: harry