Release date: April 25, 2017
Purchase link: Best Buy CA
Price: CDN $36.99
Notes: It's ivory (off-white), not yellow as per advertised

m2223684.jpg

LALALAND_i1_0629-copy.fit-to-width.431x431.q80.png
LALALAND0623-copy.fit-to-width.431x431.q80.png

Last edited by a moderator:
What a beauty but another of those MARMITE steelbooks methinks LOL !
Personally speaking love that pale cream so much more than white for this steelbook :thumbs:
Elegant, classy with almost a classic poster feel of one of those sexy French films from the 1950's or 60's.
Bright white background with B&W Emma and Ryan . . . I don't think so . . . not ideal (IMO) . . . and anyway cream always goes great with blue.

Could still be an off-white steelbook though judging by the spine colour.

Also love the title treatment and sad this is not the U.K. edition :(

upload_2017-3-22_17-35-51.png
LyKwg3e.jpg
upload_2017-3-22_17-34-47.png

The LP cover is off-white so there's still hope for the white lovers . . .
lalaland.3-2-2.jpg

Judging by what I can see on the tiny slither adjacent to the spine I'm thinking maybe one of these two will be the back art:-
II
V

Last edited:
Love the color of this steelbook... very daring, and refreshing compared to the usual shots used for the movie.

Sorry for not replying sooner Marc... I didn't receive a notification for some reason, so I've literally only just found out about your GB. Obviously your offer to help is very much appreciated, but someone else kindly offered to get me a copy from the US. Thanks all the same though bud! :)

Tagging the others again just in case they also weren't alerted the first time... @monanza @Lordpercy

Sorry, I neglected to respond sooner. Having pre-ordered the US edition, I am now debating whether to get the Canadian edition for the color (would not be a debate if not for the total cost; no complaint though, it is what it is). I'll probably still get it since I said I would.

Also, the OP link for the GB is broken (the link is truncated for some mysterious reason).

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Drum18
That is soooo weird... how come they show a "tan" colored version and it end up pure white????
Hmm yeah, it's pretty silly if you ask me... as is evident in this thread, the tan/cream colour put a lot of people off from wanting this, so the studio will have lost out on quite a few pre-orders I imagine, and all just because they couldn't get the mock-up right! Still, I'm glad it turned out looking good in the end... I can see a lot wanting this now that it's been confirmed white.

That is soooo weird... how come they show a "tan" colored version and it end up pure white????

Suppose the same why they can show a white version and it end up any other colour lol