Horror Chat Last Horror movie watched for Halloween-Join the 2016 watch party!

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
2016 Last Horror watched.JPG

Hello ninjas!

It's time!

It's that time of year where we get together for our annual hidefninja.com Halloween and horror tradition, and share the latest horror films or tv we've watched. Just jump in to the thread, now until Halloween, and let us know what is making your skin crawl! Recommendations, reviews? Share them!

Plus stay on the lookout for mini-contests and more!

Have fun all!

Last edited:
I obviously bigged it up too much lol.
Damn i wanted you to love it.

I did think it interfered but I had forgotten by the end lol
And yeah when the mum started acting weird that's when I clocked on.
I just loved how much his brain put him through in like 1.5 seconds. The layers his paranoia reached. To the point his own mind had warped his own mind and like inception he technically went into 2 layers but obviously the signal clash made it more vivid for him and killed him

At one point i genuinely thought that girl set it all up until he pulled her face off. Because the knife thing and the lady saying they can't harm him and he won't feel pain but then I also thought what if they are lying.

Same with her directing him to the top room, I thought is this the next wave of his fear or are they really doing this

Thought it was shot and acted well to with good use of effects for a tv episode. Even his travelling segment. And that chick from thrones is hot :)

Looking forward to whatever trachtenberg does next

Okay cool, didn't know it was feature length and I haven't even seen what the synopsis is. I don't actually read them with black mirror myself becuase I'm a fan of all of the previous. I just know it will be weird but an eye opener each time (for me anyway).
I'm gona watch episode 3 tonight before I go to bed (after first dates lol)
Haha maybe. Although, I was really getting in to it until all the typical horror stuff with jump scares started happening... I would've preferred it if it stayed completely sci-fi.

It was pretty cool that everything he went through only lasted a few seconds in real life though, like you said. It's the same thing with dreams... our mind makes them feel much longer than they actually are - just this morning I woke up, then dozed off again for a few minutes and had a dream that felt like it lasted hours lol.

I assumed the phone interference would actually make everything real and he'd end up being killed whilst plugged in, but not in the way it actually happened... so that was at least a bit of a surprise.

But yeah, it was definitely well shot/directed/acted and the effects were pretty decent too.

I'm hoping to watch Nosedive later and then continue working my way through the latest series... if all goes well, then I'll start from the very beginning and watch the first two series as well. :D

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
@Noodles

I just watched episode 4 "San Junipero" of black mirror and it's my favourite I think

It's perfect! And I need the 80s soundtrack. It has a real film fill too which I'm liking so far from this series.

Stunning performances from both girls (one of them Has been cast in new blade runner film)

But not sure this episode will be everyone's cup of tea

Only read if you watch the episode

I had no idea what was going on and found it weird each week the films changed by a few years on the cinema sign and the music too and then that kid in the quagmire when she was looking for kelly he mentionins "oh she's got you too, what year was she in last" and then said "2002" when this is set in the 80s.
It completely threw me and then when she's on the roof and asks "how many of them are dead?" I seriously thought I missed something.
All of a sudden it clicked when they were sitting on the beach when kelly asks yorkie "where are you now?" and I instantly thought of the film surrogates.
I actually thought when they meet in the real world after we was going to see some wrongens at the end playing the real life sims but it was such a touching and lovely ending for once with black mirror

After the wedding dress scene on the beach it then made sense too when she's getting ready and trying out the outfits and her hair keeps changing. She can make it happen just like that.

Cool little sci fi

Will reply to this once I've seen that episode by the way. ;)

• Thanks
NOoooooooo

You've lost me lol, what did you watch then?

Will reply to this once I've seen that episode by the way. ;)

Cool, it's an emotional one and I fancy yorkie. And Kelly too. :)
Beautiful look to it and awesome music.
Hope you enjoy it. The director is the guy who made the woman in black and you might recognise the girls too
I'm gona watch episode 3 in a bit

Forgot to say that hayley atwell is in one of the last series episodes with gleesons son. That's a good one

Not really a horror though so maybe black mirror should have its own thread but some episodes do fit in this category

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
@Noodles i watched episode 3 "shut up and dance" with jerome Flynn and it's haunting! (Not in a horror sense - just a scary situation)
I'm never going to be able to listen to that radiohead song "exit music for a film" in the same way now and that gif picture too!!

This new series is too good. Episode 4 is my fav so far and 2 & 3 joint second.

• Thanks
@Noodles i watched episode 3 "shut up and dance" with jerome Flynn and it's haunting! (Not in a horror sense - just a scary situation)
I'm never going to be able to listen to that radiohead song "exit music for a film" in the same way now and that gif picture too!!

This new series is too good. Episode 4 is my fav so far and 2 & 3 joint second.
I've decided to catch up on Walking Dead, so that's taking up most of my free time now... I'll jump back on to Black Mirror once I've done with TWD though. ;)

I've decided to catch up on Walking Dead, so that's taking up most of my free time now... I'll jump back on to Black Mirror once I've done with TWD though. ;)

Cool, what are you up to? I thought you was up to date with it.

I watched the new episode the other day and wanted to cry

Black mirror is too good at the moment. Doing an episode a night instead of binging because I don't want it to finish lol

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and Ricker
Cool, what are you up to? I thought you was up to date with it.

I watched the new episode the other day and wanted to cry

Black mirror is too good at the moment. Doing an episode a night instead of binging because I don't want it to finish lol
I'm currently up to season 6 episode 6. I stopped watching it on TV after episode 2 of season 6 because I felt like they were basically just repeating the same thing over and over again... go to this location, settle down, get overrun, kill a character or two, move on, repeat. Plus most of the characters were annoying me by that stage anyway lol. All this talk about Negan lately has made me want to give it another chance though, and I'm glad I did because I'm actually really enjoying it again... episode 4 of season 6 (Here's Not Here) is now one of my favourites! Unfortunately I had the recent deaths spoiled for me, which is another reason I originally stopped watching the show, because folks seemed to like going out of their way to ruin it for others... thankfully I don't care any more though. :happy:

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and Flloydo
I'm currently up to season 6 episode 6. I stopped watching it on TV after episode 2 of season 6 because I felt like they were basically just repeating the same thing over and over again... go to this location, settle down, get overrun, kill a character or two, move on, repeat. Plus most of the characters were annoying me by that stage anyway lol. All this talk about Negan lately has made me want to give it another chance though, and I'm glad I did because I'm actually really enjoying it again... episode 4 of season 6 (Here's Not Here) is now one of my favourites! Unfortunately I had the recent deaths spoiled for me, which is another reason I originally stopped watching the show, because folks seemed to like going out of their way to ruin it for others... thankfully I don't care any more though. :happy:

I've watched it from the beggining but I would also get bored and annoyed because it would turn into a zombie soap opera and then they would pick it back up. I didn't watch it for nearly 2 years after a certain blonde girl died and I really liked her (actualy 2 blondes) so I gave up but then I started watching again when they got to the town Alexandra or something. Some of the best episodes in that series and some epic moments. Loved how freaky the first episode was when they get there and being videoed. Losses it a little here and there toward the end of 6 but the newest episode of 7 is heartbreaking

Yeah one or two used to annoy me. That f*cking useless tyresse and that hammer he never uses!!! Your the size of a wall..... Just kill zombies and stop b*tching out!

Sorry, little rant but he was one of the characters I was looking forward to and he was usless

• Thanks
I've watched it from the beggining but I would also get bored and annoyed because it would turn into a zombie soap opera and then they would pick it back up. I didn't watch it for nearly 2 years after a certain blonde girl died and I really liked her (actualy 2 blondes) so I gave up but then I started watching again when they got to the town Alexandra or something. Some of the best episodes in that series and some epic moments. Loved how freaky the first episode was when they get there and being videoed. Losses it a little here and there toward the end of 6 but the newest episode of 7 is heartbreaking

Yeah one or two used to annoy me. That f*cking useless tyresse and that hammer he never uses!!! Your the size of a wall..... Just kill zombies and stop b*tching out!

Sorry, little rant but he was one of the characters I was looking forward to and he was usless
Exactly mate... it can sometimes feel like Eastenders with zombies. :LOL:

Yeah, I definitely love it more when they do freaky/twisted s***. That's another reason I've started watching again, because I heard the whole Negan thing is pretty dark and gruesome. :D

Haha love your little rant, because it's true! So many characters annoyed me for that reason... they made stupid decisions and either got themselves or others killed because of it. If I were there I would've killed them myself for everyone else's safety. :p

• Thanks
Exactly mate... it can sometimes feel like Eastenders with zombies. :LOL:

Yeah, I definitely love it more when they do freaky/twisted s***. That's another reason I've started watching again, because I heard the whole Negan thing is pretty dark and gruesome. :D

Haha love your little rant, because it's true! So many characters annoyed me for that reason... they made stupid decisions and either got themselves or others killed because of it. If I were there I would've killed them myself for everyone else's safety. :p

Definately eastenders with zombies but I do love Rick, daryl, Karl, Carole and Glenn. Did love Andrea and Beth but that was ruined.
One of my favourite moments was when bob was being eaten by the cannibals. Great scene:
And also soemthing daryl does with a certain weapon but not sure your up to that.
Best episode was the escape of a certain place too at night time (know that's a basic description and it happens a lot but again I'm not sure what your up to and it's a crazy episode. All I'll say is Carole is a ninja and Karl!........!!!!) damn

Yep negan is pretty horrific in the newest

I just have a feeling it will get extremely boring again and pick up toward the end so your in the mood for the next series. Seems to be their formula

• Thanks
Definately eastenders with zombies but I do love Rick, daryl, Karl, Carole and Glenn. Did love Andrea and Beth but that was ruined.
One of my favourite moments was when bob was being eaten by the cannibals. Great scene:
And also soemthing daryl does with a certain weapon but not sure your up to that.
Best episode was the escape of a certain place too at night time (know that's a basic description and it happens a lot but again I'm not sure what your up to and it's a crazy episode. All I'll say is Carole is a ninja and Karl!........!!!!) damn

Yep negan is pretty horrific in the newest

I just have a feeling it will get extremely boring again and pick up toward the end so your in the mood for the next series. Seems to be their formula
A lot of what you mentioned rings no bells for me, so I'm probably not up to those parts yet. As for my favourite characters... I go off them all the time lol. I used to like Carol, but she comes across as a bit smug and a smart arse now. I can't stand Karl, because he struts around thinking he's awesome... same with Michonne, although she is actually pretty cool with her sword, so I'll let her off. I even started to dislike Rick as he's a bit of a control freak. Daryl has always been a favourite though... and Glenn is alright too. I also really liked Beth, and that episode with her and Daryl was ace!

To be fair, most shows seem to share the same formula now... especially Game of Thrones. It obviously works though, which is why shows keep doing it. Must admit... I do love a good cliffhanger! Glad I don't have to hang around for the one at the end of TWD season 6 though... I can obviously jump straight in to season 7 and know all the juicy details right away. :D

A lot of what you mentioned rings no bells for me, so I'm probably not up to those parts yet. As for my favourite characters... I go off them all the time lol. I used to like Carol, but she comes across as a bit smug and a smart arse now. I can't stand Karl, because he struts around thinking he's awesome... same with Michonne, although she is actually pretty cool with her sword, so I'll let her off. I even started to dislike Rick as he's a bit of a control freak. Daryl has always been a favourite though... and Glenn is alright too. I also really liked Beth, and that episode with her and Daryl was ace!

To be fair, most shows seem to share the same formula now... especially Game of Thrones. It obviously works though, which is why shows keep doing it. Must admit... I do love a good cliffhanger! Glad I don't have to hang around for the one at the end of TWD season 6 though... I can obviously jump straight in to season 7 and know all the juicy details right away. :D

You've seen bob get eaten though right? That's before Alexandria.

Nah the other moments were toward the end of Alexandria so I don't think you've seen them. Whilst living in Alexandria it has some of my favourite moments and top episodes. Have you met the wolves guys? Anyway as you can guess it will go t*ts up in that place and that's when it gets really good

I get a little confused on the series though and what happens when because the way they split it all up and like I said I didn't watch it for 2 years after the governor stuff (literally the episode beth gets shot I just gave up for soooo long) and then started from there again earlier this year.

Game of thrones really lost it in season 5 but luckily had the greatest final episodes and last season (6) was a bit better and again great final episodes but I have a feeling the next two will speed stuff up considering it's only 2 seasons left and 8 episodes each

• Thanks
You've seen bob get eaten though right? That's before Alexandria.

Nah the other moments were toward the end of Alexandria so I don't think you've seen them. Whilst living in Alexandria it has some of my favourite moments and top episodes. Have you met the wolves guys? Anyway as you can guess it will go t*ts up in that place and that's when it gets really good

I get a little confused on the series though and what happens when because the way they split it all up and like I said I didn't watch it for 2 years after the governor stuff (literally the episode beth gets shot I just gave up for soooo long) and then started from there again earlier this year.

Game of thrones really lost it in season 5 but luckily had the greatest final episodes and last season (6) was a bit better and again great final episodes but I have a feeling the next two will speed stuff up considering it's only 2 seasons left and 8 episodes each
Yep, I saw that... although I'd totally forgotten about it until you just mentioned it lol.

I'm guessing the Wolves are the ones with the W on their foreheads? The whole W thing and who they are exactly is still a mystery to me at this point. I'm up to the episode where...

Glenn has just returned to Alexandria to see it's surrounded by walkers and the church outside the wall has collapsed on to the wall itself. Oh, and Morgan is keeping one of the W guys locked up in a house and Carol has just found out about it. The last episode I watched pretty much ended there though, so I don't know what happens after that.

Another character I like (even though she's quite a minor one) is Enid... she reminds me off Ellie from The Last of Us. Something tells me she won't be around for long though. :(

Honestly, I've pretty much loved GoT from the start... it's had its slow moments, but I find they have something cool/interesting happen in every episode. Last season was awesome, especially those last few episodes! But yeah, I reckon the last two seasons are going to heat up even more now... can't wait to see what direction it goes in and how it all ends.

• Thanks
2 randomly selected people who pm me between now and 11:59 pm (Oct 30) will receive a $10 Amazon giftcard for spotting the candycorn.

Have fun ninjas, and Happy Halloween!

corn2.jpg

Last couple of days I've Watched:

• Evil dead - the newer version, only seen it once when it first came out and I forgot how disgusting it is!! Good film though

• The boy - when I first see the trailer I genuinely laughed out loud but for some reason I gave it a go and I actually didn't mind it. The doll is freaky as hell and I didn't see the end coming. And Maggie from WD wasn't bad. Damn she's so hot

Deep blue sea - lol just fancied it, used to watch it a lot when I was younger. So bad it's great and hold a little place in my heart. Wouldn't mind a steel of it tbh

Krampus - such a good film, got the steel recently and stuck it straight on. It really felt like the same style and tone of Trick r Treat with that comedy and serious and just a weird film. Until I realised its all the same guy
(Didn't realise he wrote x2 - one of my fav X men, makes sense why singer produce trick R treat now)

• Life after beth - not bad, could of been better. Good cast and i love plaza and kendrick but something was missing

• Excision - I kept seeing it advertise on film 4 fear (Halloween) season and I'd never heard of it, gave it a go and thought it was fantastic and weirdly funny too. Actually I found myself laughing quite a lot. The main girl (McCord) was fanstastic and oddly hot (in the film - in real life she's stunning anyway). Only issue with the film was its far too short. Could of done with an extra half hour personally

• V/H/S viral - I didn't even know they made a third! Love the first and the highlight of the second is the raid director Gareth Evans segment "safe haven" (it's amazing).
I really enjoyed viral, I found it quite different to the first 2. I noticed after it didn't do too well so I must have bad taste lol but I enjoyed it. The last short "bone storm" was a little odd though (in the sense that those kids lasted so long lol)

• Kill list - literally just watched this on film 4 (for the third time). I absolutely love this film. Pretty much perfect (except one thing I can nit pick on that happens at the end but I'll let it slip). Michael smiley and Neil maskell are fantastic actors and are top notch in this. Both are good at comedy too from other films but maskell plays psychotic so well especially in this. Still need to pick up the steel

Yep, I saw that... although I'd totally forgotten about it until you just mentioned it lol.

I'm guessing the Wolves are the ones with the W on their foreheads? The whole W thing and who they are exactly is still a mystery to me at this point. I'm up to the episode where...

Glenn has just returned to Alexandria to see it's surrounded by walkers and the church outside the wall has collapsed on to the wall itself. Oh, and Morgan is keeping one of the W guys locked up in a house and Carol has just found out about it. The last episode I watched pretty much ended there though, so I don't know what happens after that.

Another character I like (even though she's quite a minor one) is Enid... she reminds me off Ellie from The Last of Us. Something tells me she won't be around for long though. :(

Honestly, I've pretty much loved GoT from the start... it's had its slow moments, but I find they have something cool/interesting happen in every episode. Last season was awesome, especially those last few episodes! But yeah, I reckon the last two seasons are going to heat up even more now... can't wait to see what direction it goes in and how it all ends.

Sorry mate forgot to reply

Yeah they are the W guys but I thought you found out there name early on. Tbh I can't remember what happened with them because they seemed to dissapear but I'm pretty sure you've seen the epic episodes in Alexandria now. And must of seen Carole act like a ninja because I'm sure it's how mOrgan captures him. There's a few of them guys that storm Alexandria and that's how it goes to sh*t by the time Glenn arrives. I think

Yeah I liked Enid too.

Same mate, I got into thrones just after season 2 finished and put it off for ages until a mate made me watch it lol then I was hooked. I loved the season that just finshed but 5 was sooooo slow. A few mates of mine have started to get a bit bored of it now but I'm all good at the mo. If next season is slow or sh*t (doubt it will be) then I'll just want it to end but I can't wait to see how this pans out. Me and my mates always have bets before in who's dying each series lol

I've got so many favourites in thrones like Tyrion, show, cersei (yep that's right), bron but arya is the best

Oh I've watched all the new series of black mirror now and they are all great, episodes 2, 3 and 4 were my fav (3 and 4 are too good) and 5 is interesting although I had a feeling what would happen and 6 is cool also. And it is feature length. 1 was my least favourite but I like the idea follows by 5. Let me know when you watch them. I'm gona watch the first 2 series again soon. Been a long time

Happy Halloween everyone (is happy the right word?)

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and Ricker
Happy Halloween, everyone! I've been catching up on my scary movies like crazy after MondoCon, so apologies for the upcoming spam! :p

Convinced my wife to see the original Halloween tonight at a local theater. She is not into horror movies at all, I had to bribe her with ice cream, lol.

Seems like a fair trade to me. :LOL:

It is the same thing over and over again. The comic is the same way. Find somewhere safe, get comfy, evil guy comes along to kill some fan-favourites, move on, find somewhere safe, get comfy... same thing all the time. The only thing that's every different is the evil guy ends up being more evil than the last guy. Zombies are always an afterthought. I love Jeffrey Dean Morgan, but I quit reading The Walking Dead at issue #100 after Negan's first-appearance. I was sick and tired of the same revolving door and seeing my favourites die in a stupid manner. I quit watching the show after the Season 5 mid-season finale after seeing t
wo useless, go-nowhere episodes with The Governor only to have him reappear to the group to hack off Hershel's head. Meh... once Frank Darabont left and we said goodbye to Shane and Laurie, the thing went to hell.

That said, Black MIrror sounds like the perfect show for me. Definitely gonna check that out!

Status
Not open for further replies.