Let The Right One In (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Kimchidvd Exclusive No. 37) [Korea]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: June 25th, 2016
Purchase links: One Click - Full Slip - Lenti Type A - Lenti Type B - Pre-order on June 2 at 14:00 (Korea time)
Price: $34.99 (individual editions) - $104 (One Click)
Note: Full Slip (500 copies) - Lenticular Type A (900 copies) - Lenticular Type B (500 copies) - One Click (300 copies)

Lenticular Type A | Lenticular Type B | Full Slip

a.jpg b.jpg c.jpg
12347872_1803388449888364_2900774884093079029_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm lucky that I prefer the remake, and that it got an insane Fullslip w/Scanavo case limited edition :oohyeah:
yeah the kid playing Oskar in this is amazing
but I don't like the actress playing Eli
but I did see this one first
and read the book after seeing both

yeah the kid playing Oskar in this is amazing
but I don't like the actress playing Eli
but I did see this one first
and read the book after seeing both

Books are always better, I have noticed that my favorite movies most very often end up being based on a Novel. For me it really is all about the remake. I just think/feel that Chloe captured the ''intimacy of the relationships'' that she has with her neighbour and her caretaker - something I feel Line(Eli) was not able to embody those relationships so they are truly believable...Chloe has a great talent at making connections between characters palpable.

Also for me, the bully at School, ''Kenny'' played by ''Dylan Millette''(Let Me In) is so much more believable in his bully role as Opposed to the Original movie the bullies are just not embodying their role as they should... if they do their job well, The bullies should make you feel like you dislike them and I was so passive towards the ones in the original but in the Remake you end-up wanting the bullies to get what should be coming to them.

In any case, nobody is wrong or right, it is simply our perspective, our taste and I have nothing against people who prefer the Original :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: milky
The remake Let Me In more based on the novel and the real story it trying to tell as in about bulling and the writer of the novel is more happy with the Film Let Me In than the original Let the right one in

The idea and story for Let Me In film was made even before the Swedish Film was shown in the cinemas and they even asked the Let the right one in director to do the film which he decided to say no to

Both Films are good but I personally prefer Let Me in

Last edited:
  • Thanks
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: milky and Actarus
The remake Let Me In more based on the novel and the real story it trying to tell as in about bulling and the writer of the novel is more happy with the Film Let Me In than the original Let the right one in

The idea and story for Let Me In film was made even before the Swedish Film was shown in the cinemas and they even asked the Let the right one in director to do the film which he decided to say no to

wow was a nice little story behind the scene...very interesting thanks for taking the time to share. :thumbs:

Reactions: paulboland
@nekromantik

I prefer LTRIO over LMI.
LMI was made as a remake as it was announced in press etc
Let Me In film is more based on the novel, and not a remake of the Swedish film which is completely different in many ways
The project initially began in the middle of 2007, before the original Let the Right One In had screened for audiences in cinemas
Hammer films bought the rights to do the English language version in 2008

The novel writer John Ajvide Lindqvist likes Let me in more than Let the right one in because how it translates the meaning of his novel

John Ajvide Lindqvist replied to questions as to which version he likes and this was his reply
Let Me In is a dark and violent love story, a beautiful piece of cinema and a respectful rendering of my novel for which I am grateful.

Stephen King said Let Me In is a genre-busting triumph. Not just a horror film, but the best American horror film in the last 20 years

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: milky and Actarus
First post here, was going to ask if the designs are final or subject to change. I'd like the bleeding Eli cover but the animation looks like they used a clone tool from photoshop on the original photo.

Let Me In film is more based on the novel, and not a remake of the Swedish film which is completely different in many ways

Wrong. It's based off the Swedish film's screenplay and copies elements from the Swedish film that weren't even in the novel. It's less faithful to the novel than the Swedish film was.

The project initially began in the middle of 2007, before the original Let the Right One In had screened for audiences in cinemas
Hammer films bought the rights to do the English language version in 2008

Wrong. LTROI had already screened at film festivals. Reeves was given a copy of the film to watch beforehand.

The novel writer John Ajvide Lindqvist likes Let me in more than Let the right one in because how it translates the meaning of his novel

Wrong. Lindqvist never said such a thing.

First post here, was going to ask if the designs are final or subject to change. I'd like the bleeding Eli cover but the animation looks like they used a clone tool from photoshop on the original photo.

Wrong. It's based off the Swedish film's screenplay and copies elements from the Swedish film that weren't even in the novel. It's less faithful to the novel than the Swedish film was.

Wrong. LTROI had already screened at film festivals. Reeves was given a copy of the film to watch beforehand.

Wrong. Lindqvist never said such a thing.
Do you have the UK Blu-ray of Let me in if you did you would see an interview discussing this and how the whole project came about in 2007 and discussed by Hammer films executive producer Nigel Sinclair
The rights for the English-language film were later acquired by Hammer Films at the 2008 Tribeca Film Festival where Let the Right One In won the "Founders Award for Best Narrative Feature

John Ajvide Lindqvist, author of Let the Right One In, who also wrote the screenplay for the original Swedish film, was pleased with Let Me In. He said:
I might just be the luckiest writer alive. To have not only one, but two excellent versions of my debut novel done for the screen feels unreal. Let the Right One In is a great Swedish movie. Let Me In is a great American movie. There are notable similarities and the spirit of Tomas Alfredson is present. But Let Me In puts the emotional pressure in different places and stands firmly on its own legs. Like the Swedish movie it made me cry, but not at the same points. Let Me In is a dark and violent love story, a beautiful piece of cinema and a respectful rendering of my novel for which I am grateful.

Writer John Ajvide Lindqvist, had discussions with Reeves a good few times when he told him that he "will make a new film based on the book and discussed about how he will write the screenplay

John Ajvide Lindqvist was very happy to see another production to be more based on the novel

Tomas Alfredson, the director of the Swedish film, was initially asked to direct Let me in, but he turned it down before it went to director Matt Reeves to direct and write the screenplay

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: milky
while Let Me In was indeed started before Let The Right One In was finished
I'm pretty sure a lot of shots in the movie were based on the original
I have only seen this version once so I don't really remember
but I remember a cool scene with cats thats not in the US
also there are some bits in the book that I would have liked seeing that are in neither films

Yes, Lindqvist liked 'Let Me In' but he never said he preferred it to the Swedish film or that he felt it was closer to the novel. That's what's incorrect.

As for Reeves and co.: Reeves admitted a while back before the film came out that he was given a copy of the film to watch beforehand. So even if Hammer secured the rights ahead of time production started long after the Swedish film was already finished.

And Reeves talked a lot of game about how his film was going to be based on the book but having read the original book and seen the Swedish film there's no doubt which one Reeves ended up using as reference. It's closer to what the Swedish film did to the point that Reeves reused content that was introduced for the first film. For example, the scene in the Swedish film where Hakan leaves the blood behind and gets chewed out afterwards was never in the original novel and was only in the film. Reeves ended up using that scene. Or the scene where Eli tries to eat candy to appease Oskar and ends up throwing up -- that scene was invented by Tomas Alfredson. Still used by Reeves.

Heck the big 'twist' for 'Let Me In' -- that the 'father' knew who Abby was since he was a kid -- was based off implications from the Swedish film. In the original novel he was a disgraced pedophile who Eli had only known for a couple of months.

Really surprised to see so many prefer Let Me In over LTROI. Dont get me wrong, I do love both, but i find LTROI superior in most places.... especially tone and believability.

Reactions: lolwut
Yes also there is interview with the makers of Let Me In stating they wanted wider audience to see the story so they remade it in English.
Yes that's correct and did achieve a wider audience which is what hammer films wanted
Let the right one in got a relatively small audience even though it's considered a cult film and hammer felt that it deserved a bigger wider audience and was also the type of film Hammer films wanted to produce and has success with later films after Let me in

Hammer films decided to get back in the business of making popular horror films but be more creative modern style than the older 50/60/70 style films and not to just make reboots of these earlier classics

Yes that's correct and did achieve a wider audience which is what hammer films wanted
Let the right one in got a relatively small audience even though it's considered a cult film and hammer felt that it deserved a bigger wider audience and was also the type of film Hammer films wanted to produce and has success with later films after Let me in

Hammer films decided to get back in the business of making popular horror films but be more creative modern style than the older 50/60/70 style films and not to just make reboots of these earlier classics

I still dont agree its more faithless though. As people have said it includes scenes that are in LTROI and not the book.
The atmosphere in the Swedish film is superb and lacking imo in the LMI. Just felt like a rehash.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Feel free to discuss all of that, which has been discussed in this and the LMI thread a bazillion times already, anywhere other than in the release threads.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Scary Hair
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Feel free to discuss all of that, which has been discussed in this and the LMI thread a bazillion times already, anywhere other than in the release threads.

and was is positive coming from your negative post ? why is all that bothering you to the point to disrupt people's conversation which have never heard of it before ? why is this bothering you so much to the point that you cannot let people be in this convo ?