Let The Right One In (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Kimchidvd Exclusive No. 37) [Korea]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: June 25th, 2016
Purchase links: One Click - Full Slip - Lenti Type A - Lenti Type B - Pre-order on June 2 at 14:00 (Korea time)
Price: $34.99 (individual editions) - $104 (One Click)
Note: Full Slip (500 copies) - Lenticular Type A (900 copies) - Lenticular Type B (500 copies) - One Click (300 copies)

Lenticular Type A | Lenticular Type B | Full Slip

a.jpg b.jpg c.jpg
12347872_1803388449888364_2900774884093079029_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I'm being my usual relentlessly negative self :LOL:. It's just that I was looking forward to this release more than any other this year (maybe ever, honestly), so I'm especially disappointed that it's not looking very good. I was also hoping if I beat the topic to death that they would revise something, anything. But I guess it's too late for that.
:LOL: I understand. (I really just don't like the Rubik's cube thing). But...there have been more than a few steelbook packages that looked Meh.... Then, when you had them in-hand you were, like, "oooooohhh, I see!"
For instance, static pictures of the Lentis for Edge of Tomorrow and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes were kind of a yawn. When I got them, I was like "Holy mother of JeBus!":wow::OMG:
image.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: lolwut
:LOL: I understand. (I really just don't like the Rubik's cube thing). But...there have been more than a few steelbook packages that looked Meh.... Then, when you had them in-hand you were, like, "oooooohhh, I see!"
For instance, static pictures of the Lentis for Edge of Tomorrow and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes were kind of a yawn. When I got them, I was like "Holy mother of JeBus!":wow::OMG:
View attachment 243745

:LOL: Most certainly. I can't speak for the Apes release (don't have it), but that Edge of Tomorrow package turned out verrrry nice.

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
They should have done something to differentiate the title from the background. The slipcover that featured this image used spot gloss for the title, and it looked sweet. I expected them to do something similar with this steelbook, but unfortunately they blew it. You won't even be able to see the half of the title that passes over Eli's silhouette. But what did I expect after they did such a lousy job on all the slips? It's like they deliberately set out to make everything as bland as they possibly could.

So I would imagine this will take a long time to sell out.

I'm hoping it's the photos but the full gloss has definately made it harder to see the title
Spot gloss or deboss would of saved it IMO

We can't be 100% based on a picture. (Fingers crossed). I would find it hard to believe that they could send a steelbook out into the world wherein half the title is unreadable! Here's hoping the pictures are just not a good representation.
@GR44 - this is an opportunity for those who missed out on the original Amaray Slipcover version to have an edition with this artwork on a steelbook.:thumbs: (Those slipcovers sold fast, and almost never come up for sale on the secondary market.)

I was thinking this too but then they did sent out it follows with loads of issues

I'm really up in the air about this, I could treat myself with a bday present but I'm worried it won't be that great in hand.
I love the film (I love both films) and I think it's a great choice for them and blu to work on but I'm just underwhelmed by the package.

But as the print run is quite low I'm worried it might sell out before I see in hand photos and kimchi's blu collection is the only collection I have with a complete set and would like to continue that

What to do, what to do :arghh::banghead:

We can't be 100% based on a picture. (Fingers crossed). I would find it hard to believe that they could send a steelbook out into the world wherein half the title is unreadable! Here's hoping the pictures are just not a good representation.
@GR44 - this is an opportunity for those who missed out on the original Amaray Slipcover version to have an edition with this artwork on a steelbook.:thumbs: (Those slipcovers sold fast, and almost never come up for sale on the secondary market.)

All people have to do is look in the right place ;)

Full slip for me as usual
At least with this release there won't be slow server issues and should be no issue getting my order in at 6.00am this morning

oh this looks sweet, and agreed that they should debossed the title now it's lost in that artwork... I hope next time they'd wipe those fingerprints off before took the shots lol

Is it an accident that Thomas Alfredson is the director of both Let the Right One In AND Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy when they are both getting VIP treatment and going live within a day of each other?!!

• Helpful Post
Reactions: milky