Let The Right One In (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Kimchidvd Exclusive No. 37) [Korea]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: June 25th, 2016
Purchase links: One Click - Full Slip - Lenti Type A - Lenti Type B - Pre-order on June 2 at 14:00 (Korea time)
Price: $34.99 (individual editions) - $104 (One Click)
Note: Full Slip (500 copies) - Lenticular Type A (900 copies) - Lenticular Type B (500 copies) - One Click (300 copies)

Lenticular Type A | Lenticular Type B | Full Slip

a.jpg b.jpg c.jpg
12347872_1803388449888364_2900774884093079029_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright well I'm completely new to the steelbook thing (at least with specialty releases like this) but is a fullslip basically a slipcase with the opening on the side and thicker cardboard? Are they better quality in general compared to the lenticular slipcover? For 'Let the Right One In' at least I noticed it comes with a little folder for the booklet and poster that the lenticular ones do not?

Alright well I'm completely new to the steelbook thing (at least with specialty releases like this) but is a fullslip basically a slipcase with the opening on the side and thicker cardboard? Are they better quality in general compared to the lenticular slipcover? For 'Let the Right One In' at least I noticed it comes with a little folder for the booklet and poster that the lenticular ones do not?
The lent slips the booklet is smaller size and is put inside the steelbook as are the artcards
They are using a new jcard type cover that hold the poster behind the steelbook you can see what this looks like in Kimchidvd It follows steelbook thread
https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...ction-kimchidvd-exclusive-korea.69925/page-45

https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...ction-kimchidvd-exclusive-korea.69925/page-53

The Full Slip holds the steelbook and folder that contains the full size booklet and poster you can see this also what it looks like in the Kimchidvd It follows Steelbook thread
https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...ction-kimchidvd-exclusive-korea.69925/page-47

https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...ction-kimchidvd-exclusive-korea.69925/page-50

Artcards are most times always inside the steelbook with both lenti slips and full slips

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: milky
and was is positive coming from your negative post ? why is all that bothering you to the point to disrupt people's conversation which have never heard of it before ? why is this bothering you so much to the point that you cannot let people be in this convo ?

I'm sure that made sense to you. Why it's annoying and a problem, is that this is the release thread, not the film thread. The point of this thread is to discuss and see information about this specific version of this specific film, not about the relative merits of this over the other film and vice versa.

Of course, all of that would be a moot point, not even worth mentioning, if it was the first time that these things were being discussed, but they are literally being repeated, often copied and pasted from the threads themselves. The information is already there if anyone wants to know it, all they need to do is go to the previous pages and read it.

Oh and the reason I felt the urge to comment in the first place, is that I'm one of the people who are subscribed to this thread, because they are interested in this specific release, who are interested to see new images of the items and find out more details of what's included. What we don't want to see is the same information being repeated and having to open the email, click the link to the thread and therefore reset the notification constantly, so that on the off chance something of interest is posted, we can find it amongst the mire of repeated information.

That's why.

Unfortunately, your average clientele in the 'Anglo-Saxon' countries have an aversion to foreign language films, which tends to explain why the better ones get remade in English.

I remember going to see Oliver Hirschbiegel's "Downfall" aka "Der Untergang" (2004), and being one of an audience of three at my local cinema.

The situation is better in the bigger cities, which tend to be more cosmopolitan, but they're still a niche interest.

The same situation also applies to home video releases, where many people I know prefer to watch films such as Sergei Bondarchuk's "War and Peace" aka "Voina i Mir" (1966) in its English dubbed version, rather than tackle the subtitled version of the Russian original.

Their loss, I guess, as I certainly wouldn't want my film collection to be without the works of Sergei Eisenstein, Luchino Visconti, Ingmar Bergman, et al, in their original languages.

Talking of foreign language films going down better in the big cities, I still remember watching the likes of Camille Claudel and Jean-Paul Rappeneau's Cyrano replete with the glorious rhyming couplet subs by Anthony Burgess playing to packed houses at the CornerHouse in Manchester - no sadly no more :(

Happy days . . . .

p.s. I feel the same about all foreign language films as you do. Terrible loss to see such films in dubbed only form; one loses so much of the flavour.

Meanwhile back on topic- I pre-ordered the Fullslip of this brilliant film. How I wish I could praise the remake so fervently . .

p.s hope I didn't upset you to much satanclaws :)

Oh and the reason I felt the urge to comment in the first place, is that I'm one of the people who are subscribed to this thread, because they are interested in this specific release, who are interested to see new images of the items and find out more details of what's included. What we don't want to see is the same information being repeated and having to open the email, click the link to the thread and therefore reset the notification constantly, so that on the off chance something of interest is posted, we can find it amongst the mire of repeated information.

To be fair that's a problem with the subscribe feature itself rather than anything else, and why I've always found it a complete waste of time.

I'm sure that made sense to you. Why it's annoying and a problem, is that this is the release thread, not the film thread. The point of this thread is to discuss and see information about this specific version of this specific film, not about the relative merits of this over the other film and vice versa.

Of course, all of that would be a moot point, not even worth mentioning, if it was the first time that these things were being discussed, but they are literally being repeated, often copied and pasted from the threads themselves. The information is already there if anyone wants to know it, all they need to do is go to the previous pages and read it.

That's why.

I had never heard it personally, so for me it was ''added bonus info'' in regards to the release in question, I just felt that it was pertinent. But if you are being subjected by this over and over I can understand how irritable it can be after the ''x'' amount of times...same As I am tired of hearing people crying about no titles on spine as if it was a new way of doing things and staying on the subject for a week with endless posts or bringing ebay chatter to a release thread instead of the proper place in the ebay dedicated thread. So I get your point now :thumbs:

Sorry about feeling defensive yesterday :happy:

Reactions: AlienKing