Life (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Kimchidvd Exclusive #53) [Korea]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: July 6, 2017
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenticular - One Click (Pre-order June 16 at 2 PM Korea Time)
Price: $34.99 (Individual editions) - $69 (One Click)
Note: 700 Full Slip - 800 Lenti
Group buy: Hosted by cooey One Click - Lenticular - Full Slip

18951111_2104037273156812_7888124099519202822_n.jpg 18920205_2104037303156809_8386935287173614185_n.jpg
14973364730322534.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Both very nice looking editions, although the contrast on that full slip needs to be toned down a little IMO. Personally I prefer FilmArena's anyway.

Lovin' the colors in the full slip!
Although the FAC (which I'll be getting) sports both artworks, I'm very tempted to also get Kimchi's lenticular or full slip.
Enough time before the pre-order to make up my mind and for Kimchi to post the revised/correct lenti gif.

I promised myself I wouldn't buy kimchis skinny slip WWA dress ups so I have to stick to that, both look great but again wrap around full slips are a bit annoying as it takes the full art away and no booklet is a no no.

Everyone comparing the FA release with this one has to consider the price for the FA will be at least $7 more expensive if not $10. So yeah no booklet, bracelet or keychain but its not like the price doesnt reflect that either.

This could have been such a killer package being it WEA and with some more stuff inside, booklet etc., coz I really believe this lenti and fullslip as well will be astonishing in real. Wasted opportuinty Kimchi (n):facepalm:

• Thanks
Reactions: harry and Flloydo
Really liking the overall artwork on the full slip and dont mind the ladk of extras as theyre a waste f space anyways imho.. however, im a bit sceptical whether the front artwork will work on its own without a title...

Will wait for inhand pics and then decide.. doubt this will sell out instantly

That looks like pop art on one of those slips - or something Mondo would do. Looks cool.

How was this film? Meant to go see it but it seemed to disappear after a week or so.

I do like the colours on the full slip. The lenti looks decent but I would have preferred depth to a transition one. I will probably go for the FA version.

Nope. I said that I had spoken with Tony and mentioned to him that the majority of people prefer the fatter full slips. He said he would look into it for future releases.

That's a polite way of saying no I'm not interested :rofl: If this was a fat slip I would had been interested. Never mind, plenty of more fish to come.

But this is gonna be both :D

So this is transitional and depth?
Hmmmm...... No I can't, I just can't. If it had more extras and a thicker slip I'd be excited

Is the mock up correct for the full slip? The title on the back don't seem right

Couple of quick questions;
Is the actual art on the finished lenticular going to be different or do you mean that they simply haven't shown the transitional image? Will it be normal spacesuit to "hand spacesuit" or a completely new image?

I see people talking about thin skinny...is it not just normal steelbook size? I was interested in the Film Arena version til I saw these, but am getting a bit confused about the differences in quality that people are mentioning (never bought from Film Arena before)

Couple of quick questions;
Is the actual art on the finished lenticular going to be different or do you mean that they simply haven't shown the transitional image? Will it be normal spacesuit to "hand spacesuit" or a completely new image?

I see people talking about thin skinny...is it not just normal steelbook size? I was interested in the Film Arena version til I saw these, but am getting a bit confused about the differences in quality that people are mentioning (never bought from Film Arena before)

Kimchi do 2 types of Fullslips,
~ The Thin ones that fits tightly to cover the Steelbook, what we call the ''skinny slips'' which do not have many bonus items ie: no Booklet and no Character Cards etc...

~ The Regular Fullslip for Premium Release which is thicker to hold the Steelbook + The Booklet + an Envelop with bonus cards (and inside the steel some additional cards as well... so you get more for your money, in hands they feel much better for those who collect Premium Releases and want to have a Full Type of Package in regards to the Bonus Items.

Kimchi do 2 types of Fullslips,
~ The Thin ones that fits tightly to cover the Steelbook, what we call the ''skinny slips'' which do not have many bonus items ie: no Booklet and no Character Cards etc...

~ The Regular Fullslip for Premium Release which is thicker to hold the Steelbook + The Booklet + an Envelop with bonus cards (and inside the steel some additional cards as well... so you get more for your money, in hands they feel much better for those who collect Premium Releases and want to have a Full Type of Package in regards to the Bonus Items.

I would call them both premium exclusives but the WWA steel dress ups they do have skinner slips and less extras and the WEA exclusives have thicker slips and more extras

Only exception is their Disney/ Pixar/ live action and hopefully marvel WWA steels seem to have the thicker slips and normal standard of extras like the WEA exclusives

Best way I can describe it anyway