Life (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Kimchidvd Exclusive #53) [Korea]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: July 6, 2017
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenticular - One Click (Pre-order June 16 at 2 PM Korea Time)
Price: $34.99 (Individual editions) - $69 (One Click)
Note: 700 Full Slip - 800 Lenti
Group buy: Hosted by cooey One Click - Lenticular - Full Slip

18951111_2104037273156812_7888124099519202822_n.jpg 18920205_2104037303156809_8386935287173614185_n.jpg
14973364730322534.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Kimchi do 2 types of Fullslips,
~ The Thin ones that fits tightly to cover the Steelbook, what we call the ''skinny slips'' which do not have many bonus items ie: no Booklet and no Character Cards etc...

~ The Regular Fullslip for Premium Release which is thicker to hold the Steelbook + The Booklet + an Envelop with bonus cards (and inside the steel some additional cards as well... so you get more for your money, in hands they feel much better for those who collect Premium Releases and want to have a Full Type of Package in regards to the Bonus Items.
Thanks for that. I think if it's a film I really admire then that sort of "ultimate" box would be best and does make it feel like a real collectors edition, like you say. For movies like this which I've never seen it doesn't bother me too much and it's really the unique art I'll be going for. Having said that, the consensus here seems to be that Kimchi lenticular and fullslips are a touch better in terms of quality? Better lenticular transitions etc.?

The lenti image is changing. Tony has just told me it's not correct and will be a transitioning image.....
when can we expect the video preview of the new lenti? just asking, because I have to decide if to1 click this release.

Thanks for that. I think if it's a film I really admire then that sort of "ultimate" box would be best and does make it feel like a real collectors edition, like you say. For movies like this which I've never seen it doesn't bother me too much and it's really the unique art I'll be going for. Having said that, the consensus here seems to be that Kimchi lenticular and fullslips are a touch better in terms of quality? Better lenticular transitions etc.?

Kimchi lentis p*ss all over film arena lentis but both retailers make decent full slips

Tough call on who will have the better full slip. Both use the same art but different colouring. I imagine FA will have soft touch material and spot gloss and kimchi will have some kind of spot gloss. Just a guess though

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing and cooey
Never expected it to be, the Kimchi ones never are.

Oh, really? That's surprising. I noticed for Arrival it seemed to go quickly, same with Hell or High Water. I'm happy they don't fly off the shelves since I absolutely love what Kimchi does with their releases.

Also, many, like me, are likely waiting to see the lenti effect you've been talking about before ordering. A great lenti slip will quell any hesitation I have about ordering one of these thin slip bad boys.

• Thanks
Reactions: cooey
Oh, really? That's surprising. I noticed for Arrival it seemed to go quickly, same with Hell or High Water. I'm happy they don't fly off the shelves since I absolutely love what Kimchi does with their releases.

Also, many, like me, are likely waiting to see the lenti effect you've been talking about before ordering. A great lenti slip will quell any hesitation I have about ordering one of these thin slip bad boys.

This film isn't as loved as arrival (even though this is one of my favs form this year) it's a bit marmite for some and hell Or high water was a WEA exclusive with all the bells and whistles (more extras goodies)

I'm also guessing a lot will wait to order direct and I reakon this will sell quicker than passengers for example

This film isn't as loved as arrival (even though this is one of my favs form this year) it's a bit marmite for some and hell Or high water was a WEA exclusive with all the bells and whistles (more extras goodies)

I'm also guessing a lot will wait to order direct and I reakon this will sell quicker than passengers for example

That's a good point. I personally really enjoyed this movie as well. I'm just waiting on the lenti effect to be sure.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
This film didn't bomb but certainly wasn't a hit a the theatre so I wouldn't expect it to be a huge demand. I saw it for free at a screening and was surprised that I liked it but wasn't planning on paying to go watch it.

That's a good point. I personally really enjoyed this movie as well. I'm just waiting on the lenti effect to be sure.

Same, loved it. I'm now considering the lenti as I have the uk standard on order which I can cancel and weighing up my funds this month

This film didn't bomb but certainly wasn't a hit a the theatre so I wouldn't expect it to be a huge demand. I saw it for free at a screening and was surprised that I liked it but wasn't planning on paying to go watch it.

Yeah didn't bomb but just didn't so as well as it should of, spoke to tridon a lot about this and the generic title didn't help and too close to alien covenant

Actually @tridon not sure if you been tagged but there's this version too (I think you might prefer facs though)

I think they were hoping to draw a larger audience by having Ryan Reynolds and Jake Gyllenhaal in the cast. $98 million globally on a $58 million production budget is probably cutting even once you factor in marketing and other costs. Only $30 million domestic is pretty low, though. The original John Wick made $43 mil domestic on a $20 mil production budget.

Same, loved it. I'm now considering the lenti as I have the uk standard on order which I can cancel and weighing up my funds this month

Yeah didn't bomb but just didn't so as well as it should of, spoke to tridon a lot about this and the generic title didn't help and too close to alien covenant

Actually @tridon not sure if you been tagged but there's this version too (I think you might prefer facs though)

Thanks! I think the FAC one looks like a better package, but I actually like the colouring better on Kimchi's full slip. The purple looks great! I wonder which would have better embossing -- the FAC one or this one?

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Thanks! I think the FAC one looks like a better package, but I actually like the colouring better on Kimchi's full slip. The purple looks great! I wonder which would have better embossing -- the FAC one or this one?

It's a tough one for finsh and who will be better, I also prefer the colouring on this too and the placement is slightly different, the spacesuit helmet goes over the spine on the FAC whereas it's the arm on this but I don't like the wrap around art on a full slip because I can't open it up and view it properly.
If that art was used for the steel and the steel art as the lenti like it is now then I'd be very happy.
At the moment I wouldn't mind the lenti but like arrival the lenti art is too similar to the steel art and I don't like the back. Can't decide

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon