Lilo & Stitch (Lenticular) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: April 17, 2017
Purchase link: Lilo & Stitch (Pre-order on March 12 at 6 PM UK time)
Price: £17.99

IMG_6257.JPG

IMG_6258.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Andycadle84 :)

So.. While we can't talk about the exclusivity deal. We can say that we do not have much input regarding design - They are Disney's property. - There have been times with companies where we have passed on feedback/comments regarding quality.

I recall many a comment by some posters insisting that as the retailer, you must have some say over designs etc.

I said it was doubtful, any more than HMV do with Warner or Fox exclusives. Years ago I worked for Blockbuster (when they were a major powerhouse) and our dealings with Disney were often fraught. There were 2 things we argued against, first was the high cost of their rental titles on DVD (usually available day and date with the retail version), which caused us to stop dealing with them for a while, and secondly their rental versions having no special features and massive 'rental copy' printed on the spines making them almost impossible to sell ex-rental.

The pricing issue was resolved after a month or two, but the lack of features and packaging designs never were.

• Thanks
Reactions: zavvi
I reckon it'll be £5.99 before too long.
That won't happen with this release :LOL:
None of the Disney Classic steelbooks dropped to a price that low

Only big price drops was to £9.99 and that only happened with Little Mermaid and Jungle Book and that was only because Disney doubled the original print run from 5,000 each to 10,000 each

Zavvi did not let that happen again with later releases they was mostly 4,000 or 3,000 or 2,000 print runs

This will sell well as it's one of the wanted releases repeatedly asked for on HDN and has not had a steelbook before

Only big price drops was to £9.99 and that only happened with Little Mermaid and Jungle Book and that was only because Disney doubled the original print run from 5,000 each to 10,000 each

Zavvi did not let that happen again with later releases they was mostly 4,000 or 3,000 or 2,000 print runs

This will sell well as it's one of the wanted releases repeatedly asked for on HDN and has not had a steelbook before

Agreed 100%
Lilo and Stitch has been a strange release on Blu Ray in the UK
The slip cover version being almost impossible to find
This for me and I suspect many other Disney collectors is the biggest release in a long time
Can't wait

Hey Andycadle84 :)

So.. While we can't talk about the exclusivity deal. We can say that we do not have much input regarding design - They are Disney's property. - There have been times with companies where we have passed on feedback/comments regarding quality.

So let me get this straight

You did the first steelbook wave and made it out to be this huge "Disney Collection" like we'd finally get all the Disney films on Steelbook one day in the future depending which ones will get picked, some might take a while to do but we'd get them eventually. Yet all of a sudden you stop then do re-releases with lentis

I'm sorry but I can't believe you guys would have not ONE bit of input in all of this. You guys are selling their product for them, if you guys think you can sell something for a better profit (like selling all steelbooks in one go without cutting price or maybe adding a few pounds on because they steel is that good no one cares) then I don't see why they wouldn't listen. I mean have you guys even tried. God there's people here who spend a **** load on blufan steelbooks because they are that good and come with extra goodies to make it worth it. Wouldn't you guys rather have people spending more money on YOUR steelbooks then them spending more money on shipping/import costs alone.

Take the Stitch on the back of this steelbook. You can clearly see here it's copied, pasted and enlarged for the back...would it kill you guys to at least try to convince Disney to change the character or just remove Stitch from the back.

To be honest considering the amount that people have paid for the previous Disney collection including getting ones that weren't great just for completion so the new re-releases are a bit upsetting. Zavvi can see who bought them all and wouldn't hurt to send those people a decent voucher for like say this steelbook. :(

Agree it was asked for quite a lot on here and yeah it has not been done on steelbook before really like the film , but imo the steelbook is a big let down for me some of the reason's are it does not look that great and the other is it will not look right in my collection but again just my opinion just wish they had done this in gloss finish with nice embossing and debossing with slightly better art work and lose the magnet :thumbs:

Last edited:
To be honest considering the amount that people have paid for the previous Disney collection including getting ones that weren't great just for completion so the new re-releases are a bit upsetting. Zavvi can see who bought them all and wouldn't hurt to send those people a decent voucher for like say this steelbook. :(

That's like saying, yes, we know you bought the first 40 Disney classics on DVD with a widescreen banner on the spine, so here's a voucher so you can get the newer versions with yellow ovals on the spine up to number 50...

Followed by, yes, we know you bought the first 50 Disney classics on DVD with a yellow oval on the spine, so here's a voucher so you can get the newer versions with white numbers on the spine up to number 55.

It's never going to happen. No retailer is under any obligation to do anything of the sort. You and I chose to buy the original steelbooks and we got what we paid for. In regards to Robsonmonkey, no promise was inferred as to whether all the classics would get steelbooks or if they'd get re-releases. A title was offered and we either bought it or we didn't. You may have assumed that every classic would get a steelbook, and they might, but you were never told they would.

To assume Disney would release every classic in a steelbook is a fools game. That's like assuming that every Masters of Cinema release would get a steelbook (there's around 15 out of about 150 titles).

That's like saying, yes, we know you bought the first 40 Disney classics on DVD with a widescreen banner on the spine, so here's a voucher so you can get the newer versions with yellow ovals on the spine up to number 50...

Followed by, yes, we know you bought the first 50 Disney classics on DVD with a yellow oval on the spine, so here's a voucher so you can get the newer versions with white numbers on the spine up to number 55.

It's never going to happen. No retailer is under any obligation to do anything of the sort. You and I chose to buy the original steelbooks and we got what we paid for. In regards to Robsonmonkey, no promise was inferred as to whether all the classics would get steelbooks or if they'd get re-releases. A title was offered and we either bought it or we didn't. You may have assumed that every classic would get a steelbook, and they might, but you were never told they would.

To assume Disney would release every classic in a steelbook is a fools game. That's like assuming that every Masters of Cinema release would get a steelbook (there's around 15 out of about 150 titles).

Haha I was saying it as in a perfect world I don't believe for a second that anyone would actually be decent enough to do that. I just think having made such a nice set it's a shame to have stopped and re-released and that's life.

• Thanks
Reactions: pioneer

It does sometimes happen and I wouldn't be surprised if in the near distant future Zavvi got in on something like this. Zavvi used to have a rewards system, aswell as Film Arena and Blufans with their VIP membership program. They are the home of Steelbooks, right? ;)

One can hope and I'd like to see a continuation of this collection.

It would be a Disney decision if other films get a Steelbook release and some would be difficult to happen as a few not had a Blu ray release yet and some that have a blu ray release might struggle to sell.

The lenticular re-release are mostly the popular films that always sell

This release is one that should have been released before they started the re-releases

I would have preferred this to been glossy and embossed like the original releases.

I'm sure there is still a few more of the Disney films that will get a Steelbook release but there are only a few left that would be possible at the moment

Some that would be highly wanted don't have any blu-ray release yet

• Thanks
Reactions: pioneer
While this steel is one of the most requested/desired steels from the Disney vault, its design is really holding it back, I think. The characters are poorly drawn and Stitch's image is even duplicated exactly on the back. Very very lazy work, I think.

Gonna pass at least until in hand photos come out.

I will get this to support new Disney releases, but I thought the film was not very memorable. Plus, I bought Planes so that's the low bench mark a new Disney Steelbook has to meet:)