thedefector

Premium Supporter
Apr 5, 2012
UK
Release date: December 2nd, 2013
Purchase links:
Amazon.co.uk
Zavvi.com
Price: £22.50 (Amazon) - £24.99 £9.99 (Zavvi)
91E8jgcKSnL._SL1500_.jpg

Per Blu-Devil:
Man Of Steel has been announced for the UK. Artwork is as the German Edition.
It will be 2D/3D BD.
Pre order goes live this coming Friday (23rd) and release date is 2nd December.
Looks to be a store wide release.

Source:

movies-man-of-steel-steelbook-cover.jpg

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 349
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 414
Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else have a really grainy picture when watching this?

HOLY S***

Guys you know how I complained to Zavvi...and some of you were probably thinking "Robson_monkey...whats the flipping point" well guess what complaining pays off

"Hello Batman (Not using my real name)

Thank you for getting in touch about the Steelbook artwork.

I am very sorry to hear you are unhappy with the artwork on the steelbook. Sometimes the suppliers do provide us with the finalised artwork in advance so that we can put this up straight away, and this is by far the option we prefer, as then our customers know exactly what they will be getting, and it avoids disappointment such as in your case.

There are times, however, that the suppliers have not finalised the artwork in advance, and so we have to use the unfinalised images that they provide, this is beyond our control, and it is not our aim to mislead customers.

I hope that this has helped to restore your faith in Zavvi, and we look forward to receiving your next order. As a gesture of goodwill for your next order for the disappointment you have had with this order, we have added on £8 credit to your Zavvi account. This will be automatically deducted from the final value of your next order.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help."

£8 - So it worked out at what....£16 for Man of Steel

I just like to let everyone know that if you complain hard enough good things can happen, don't be b**** around by then and just take it.

Reactions: Ataneruo
HOLY S***

Guys you know how I complained to Zavvi...and some of you were probably thinking "Robson_monkey...whats the flipping point" well guess what complaining pays off

I am very sorry to hear you are unhappy with the artwork on the steelbook. Sometimes the suppliers do provide us with the finalised artwork in advance so that we can put this up straight away, and this is by far the option we prefer, as then our customers know exactly what they will be getting, and it avoids disappointment such as in your case.

There are times, however, that the suppliers have not finalised the artwork in advance, and so we have to use the unfinalised images that they provide, this is beyond our control, and it is not our aim to mislead customers.

I hope that this has helped to restore your faith in Zavvi, and we look forward to receiving your next order. As a gesture of goodwill for your next order for the disappointment you have had with this order, we have added on £8 credit to your Zavvi account. This will be automatically deducted from the final value of your next order.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help."

I just like to let everyone know that if you complain hard enough good things can happen, don't be b**** around by then and just take it.

Zavvi charge more than anyone else in the first place for it so i guess they can afford to refund the extra that they charged you in the first place, i paid £31 for 2 copies, you should shop around. :scat:

Zavvi charge more than anyone else in the first place for it so i guess they can afford to refund the extra that they charged you in the first place, i paid £31 for 2 copies, you should shop around. :scat:

Well the cheapest I've seen it has been £17.99, I got mine for £16.99

Still though the point is you can complain instead of just taking it.

HOLY S***

Well done mate. It's never worked for me in the past and I write politely not a snotty demands but you gotta keep trying I guess.

Well done mate. It's never worked for me in the past and I write politely not a snotty demands but you gotta keep trying I guess.

Writing politely might make you seem like a better person but the thing is if you write like that and be all nice about it then they will just think they can walk all over you and they won't need to do a thing since they don't think your the type of person to argue.

I know you might seem like a prick to them but at the end of the day in this world it's the only way to get what you want. Being nice doesn't get you very far these days

Yeah I noticed in a few parts it looked grainy, didn't look as shark as some blu rays do. My set up is a 42" toshiba led so blu rays really look beautiful on it but I still love this movie and have watched it 5 times since I've had it. One of my fav movies this year! :D

Anyone else have a really grainy picture when watching this?

Writing politely might make you seem like a better person but the thing is if you write like that and be all nice about it then they will just think they can walk all over you and they won't need to do a thing since they don't think your the type of person to argue.

I know you might seem like a prick to them but at the end of the day in this world it's the only way to get what you want. Being nice doesn't get you very far these days

I totally disagree with what you just said. It's better to be disrespectfull and disruptive to get what you want? I don't know how far you've gotten by doing this but these people that your being disrespectful towards are just trying to perform a service and that service is by helping you. If your mean to them they sure as hell aren't going to help you.

It pays to be respectful and courteous to those that your asking help from. If you aren't, don't be suprised if you get someone that either won't email you back or someone that hangs up on you. When I have to listen to some irate person on the phone, I'll hang up on them. I don't have to tolerate it and neither do the people that your asking help from.

A word from the wise, being nice and respectful will get you a whole lot further then being mean.

I personally don't see the issue with the 3D logo. Yeah I wish I was just the S, embossed but it's not so bad. Do wish it was gloss too like the us one.

Saw the lenticular in hmv today and it did look cooler

An £8 refund because you disliked the 3d logo on the front of the steelbook? Now ive heard it all :hilarious:

Are you serious...or are you just being ignorant

It wasn't the point, the 3D logo wasn't on the artwork on the website even after the release and despite complaining about it and saying how people will get confused countless times they still didn't change it.

---------- Post added at 02:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 AM ----------

I totally disagree with what you just said. It's better to be disrespectfull and disruptive to get what you want? I don't know how far you've gotten by doing this but these people that your being disrespectful towards are just trying to perform a service and that service is by helping you. If your mean to them they sure as hell aren't going to help you.

It pays to be respectful and courteous to those that your asking help from. If you aren't, don't be suprised if you get someone that either won't email you back or someone that hangs up on you. When I have to listen to some irate person on the phone, I'll hang up on them. I don't have to tolerate it and neither do the people that your asking help from.

A word from the wise, being nice and respectful will get you a whole lot further then being mean.

You totally missed my point, I said being nice can only get you so far, theres no point in continuing to be nice when these companies like Zavvi and even Amazon will try to downplay your issue and make it not be as big of deal despite being respectful towards them

With my problem I had with them I was nice at first and after 5-6 emails they were ignoring my issue, missing my points and pretending like everything was fine. Not to mention they kept making it out like I wanted to send it back like 3-4 times. Only when I started to be more assertive and get more angry they started to see where I was coming from and after one email like that I got £8 knocked off.

As I've said if you try to be nice and it gets you nowhere then sometimes you have to put yourself out there to get your issue across or they will continue to walk all over you.

Now I don't know if you missed my point by accident or missed it on purpose so you could post a reply to act all noble like to other users.