thedefector

Premium Supporter
Apr 5, 2012
UK
Release date: December 2nd, 2013
Purchase links:
Amazon.co.uk
Zavvi.com
Price: £22.50 (Amazon) - £24.99 £9.99 (Zavvi)
91E8jgcKSnL._SL1500_.jpg

Per Blu-Devil:
Man Of Steel has been announced for the UK. Artwork is as the German Edition.
It will be 2D/3D BD.
Pre order goes live this coming Friday (23rd) and release date is 2nd December.
Looks to be a store wide release.

Source:

movies-man-of-steel-steelbook-cover.jpg

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 349
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 412
Last edited by a moderator:
There are two German versions of course, one of which has completely different artwork :thumbs:

I had to go to ebay....got it for the same price as I paid to Zavvi but it can be slightly expensive..I just hated the one I got with the 3d logo and plain back art work.

I know it's only a small thing, but you wouldn't believe the difference a gloss finish makes to the UK one. I have the Walmart version and there's no comparison. It looks and feels great glossy. Don't see why only one country gets this??

It's so crap my local HMV in Solihull still has a pile of around 40 of them. When it gets to £5.99 I "might" pick it up to sit next to my "S" tin. lol

Is there a way to make UK websites take down the wrong display pictures for this release?

Sites like AmazonUK and Zavvi have it displayed without the 3D printed on the front.
This would technically be false advertising, because as we all know, this is not how the UK version looks.

Infact, the stupid 3D stamped on the front of the UK version, is the sole reason why I imported the Walmart steelbook, since the 3D gremlin didn't leave his mark on the front of that one.

Plus, the added bonus features on the discs were a nice touch too. :)

Had several copies of this out on the shelves in the Sheffield HMV for £14.99. Bought one.

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

Sites like AmazonUK and Zavvi have it displayed without the 3D printed on the front.
This would technically be false advertising, because as we all know, this is not how the UK version looks.

Amazon.co.uk does have this one but it's not their 'main' image as it were...

51WKRzn7-aL.jpg