Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials (Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

Aug 16, 2012
Midlands UK
Release date: February 1st , 2016
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £19.99
HDN Group Buy, hosted by Naughtius Maximus: Click HERE

01-116694.jpg

Just saw this so thought id start a thread :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The first movie was only in 2D; but this movie has been released in the UK in 3D, so there is a 3D version.

Interestingly no retailers currently seem have a 3D blu-ray listing; only the standard DVD and Blu-ray.

@paulboland Hi Paul, can you confirm that in theatres there is the 3D version in The UK ?

as if so it will of course leak to other countries, but have not seen any indication of it anywhere, talking about the sequel. Usually if a country releases it in theatre in 3D, the Blu-ray release for that country will also contain that version and the UK releases on Blu-ray are only 2D. (I was told this by the main movie theatre company in my country). any insight ?

@paulboland Hi Paul, can you confirm that in theatres there is the 3D version in The UK ?

as if so it will of course leak to other countries, but have not seen any indication of it anywhere, talking about the sequel. Usually if a country releases it in theatre in 3D, the Blu-ray release for that country will also contain that version and the UK releases on Blu-ray are only 2D. (I was told this by the main movie theatre company in my country). any insight ?

We went to the Cinema to watch this and it was in 3D.

http://www.odeon.co.uk/films/maze_runner_the_scorch_trials/15577/

• Informative
Reactions: Actarus

Yes it been shown in 3D in some cinemas in UK/Ireland

Blu-ray details might change or have a separate 3D Blu-ray release its a bit early to be honest for pre orders as full Blu-ray details is not fully known yet considering its only just been released in the cinemas last week 10th September in the UK/Ireland

I would expect to see a 3D Blu-ray release announced but as of yet that has not happened
Only 2D Blu-ray pre order details have been listed but that might change

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Actarus
Yes it been shown in 3D in some cinemas in UK/Ireland

Blu-ray details might change or have a separate 3D Blu-ray release its a bit early to be honest for pre orders as full Blu-ray details is not fully known yet considering its only just been released in the cinemas last week 10th September in the UK/Ireland

I would expect to see a 3D Blu-ray release announced but as of yet that has not happened
Only 2D Blu-ray pre order details have been listed but that might change

Wonder if there is a chance this will include a 3D version; I might contact HMV and see what they say

Of what I saw in the first movie it was an interesting premise and I'll definitely be interested in this either way as I'm sure FA will do a version.

Hollywood are still searching for their next fantasy book-to-film adaptation franchise. But the first movie looked decent IMHO.

Of what I saw in the first movie it was an interesting premise and I'll definitely be interested in this either way as I'm sure FA will do a version.

Hollywood are still searching for their next fantasy book-to-film adaptation franchise. But the first movie looked decent IMHO.

I saw the first movie twice enjoyed it better second time, very looking forward to the movie and Love love love this new steel artwork and that we are getting 2D+3D :woot:

Reactions: UpsetSmiley
No mention of any extended cut on the front like the South American releases.

Unless it's not part of the final design and will only be displayed on the J-card?

And just remember, they also told us the HMV release of Jurassic World had an 'embossing effect'.......

Last edited:
Item description in the OP Link it Stated only Blu-ray 1 Disk no 3D... apparently it was confirmed that it would contain 2D+3D but their website states otherwise... I am too desperately looking for a 3D Version and have not found it yet in any releases...so I don't get this playing in theatre in 3D yet no Blu-ray copies have the 3D Disk :cautious:
Screen shot 2015-11-07 at 1.44.05 PM.png

Cancelled order today from Xtra-vision as I'm not really feeling this bare-bones release Steelbook (n)

I'll quite happily hold out for a more impressive release and all round package from one of the big boys at a later date... :naughty: (Hopefully FA considering their first MR was truly outstanding and a real gem in my collection! :drool:)