Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials (Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

Aug 16, 2012
Midlands UK
Release date: February 1st , 2016
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £19.99
HDN Group Buy, hosted by Naughtius Maximus: Click HERE

01-116694.jpg

Just saw this so thought id start a thread :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Item description in the OP Link it Stated only Blu-ray 1 Disk no 3D... apparently it was confirmed that it would contain 2D+3D but their website states otherwise... I am too desperately looking for a 3D Version and have not found it yet in any releases...so I don't get this playing in theatre in 3D yet no Blu-ray copies have the 3D Disk :cautious:
One can pre-order Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials Blu-ray 3D, e.g., at Amazon DE here, but it is disappointing that no SteelBook Blu-ray 3D release has been announced.

Reactions: Actarus
One can pre-order Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials Blu-ray 3D, e.g., at Amazon DE here, but it is disappointing that no SteelBook Blu-ray 3D release has been announced.

I won't be happy if this doesn't include 3D, after contacting HMV and was told it would do!!

However if that is the case, why is the listing still not showing 3D

Im more concerned that they release it uncut rather then 3D.

@paulboland hello Mate :) I have a question for you, in regards to the film possibly be cut, I looked on the bbfc website for the UK and it states that the director sought advice in how to cut the movie to get the deserved classification... this always confuses me as on top it always says this passed Uncut but even the cut movies it says that. I know Can/US/Germany/Taiwan is Uncut as those country have a higher tolerance in movie Ratings. But what about the UK version and also do you know if only Germany will released the 3D version on Amaray ? any info would be greatly appreciated.

@paulboland hello Mate :) I have a question for you, in regards to the film possibly be cut, I looked on the bbfc website for the UK and it states that the director sought advice in how to cut the movie to get the deserved classification... this always confuses me as on top it always says this passed Uncut but even the cut movies it says that. I know Can/US/Germany/Taiwan is Uncut as those country have a higher tolerance in movie Ratings. But what about the UK version and also do you know if only Germany will released the 3D version on Amaray ? any info would be greatly appreciated.
For the first movie all releases on cinema and dvd/blu were cut apart from HMV SB. Which had a 15 cert slapped on.
I hope this is the same.

@Actarus
I would have to find out as it's not a film I have paid much attention to be honest as it's not a film I'm interested in and I was not interested in the first film either
If I find out any info I will let you know

Reactions: Actarus
For the first movie all releases on cinema and dvd/blu were cut apart from HMV SB. Which had a 15 cert slapped on.
I hope this is the same.

Actually I had called Fox in regards to this In Canada, the Can/US version of The first Movie is Uncut, it is Same as Theatrical version both versions Theatre and Blu-ray are Uncut...as well as Taiwan as they have no rating systems really so when I looked into it it was confirmed also the Taiwan Version was Uncut...

Actually I had called Fox in regards to this In Canada, the Can/US version of The first Movie is Uncut, it is Same as Theatrical version both versions Theatre and Blu-ray are Uncut...as well as Taiwan as they have no rating systems really so when I looked into it it was confirmed also the Taiwan Version was Uncut...

No I meant in the UK.
ALL versions were cut apart from HMV SB.
To get a lower 12 rating for wider audience and more sales they cut a few seconds. Same thing happened on second.

No I meant in the UK.
ALL versions were cut apart from HMV SB.
To get a lower 12 rating for wider audience and more sales they cut a few seconds. Same thing happened on second.

Ok yes indeed it seems the UK are more leaning towards trimming a movie to get better classification than Canada which is very lenient in regards to the Classification - for Canada for example, the movie provided to the theatre company is Uncut Version that is released for the whole country and each Province needs to put its own Classification on it, but they do not modify the content of the movie only the rating systems differs from province to province.
I don't know if there is another country that operates like Canada, but I think all other country like the US have a rating system by its own board of classification for the whole country (but Canada/US get same Versions rarely they are cut which I found out because of ''fifty shades of grey'' and ''Kingsman'')...apparently also Germany is very lenient as well... but yes for UK releases I worry always and wonder if I am getting a trimmed version so I do research to ensure it is the Uncut Version, or if I like the package too much, I buy the Uk release but will also buy the Can/US Amaray just to make sure I am getting an untouched copy. But it can be confusing.

Reactions: MerlinT
For anyone interested in this exclusive to HMV / Xtra-vision (in the U.K.) the best price is GBP 17.99 if ordered today from Xtra-vision with code NY2016

EDIT: The next best price is at HMV Ireland (Euro 25.19 / GBP 18.55) with the same code.
NB: "Coupon code is not valid" for this at HMV UK

Last edited: