Slipbox Melancholia (Blu-ray Slipbox) (Plain Archive Exclusive No.1) [Korea]

Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
Release Date : May 15, 2014, Pre-order will open April 19, 2014

Price : $31.99

Link : Here - Sold Out

cover_front.png

13922847853_eb5fccf71a_b.jpg

There're 5 special points on this full slip.

1. Using more sturdier & thicker paper than general full slip
2. Press embossing effect on Kirsten Dunst's shape
3. Hot stamping aqua blue foil on title calligraphy, movie quote and PA logo
4. Partial transparent hologram UV Coating on the planet and electric fingers
5. Designed the inside of the slip

Korean bluray production company, Plain Archive will made 1st exclusive title. It is Lars von Trier's Melancholia. Melancholia was released Korean bluray community Plain Archive+DVDPRIME.com exclusive once ago. DVDPRIME.com exclusive is sold out now. Plain Archive release it by changed Slipcover artwork.

Melancholia : Plain Archive's Exclusive & Limited Edition #001
NOT LIVE YET

Preorder will start at 2PM, 19th April, 2014 (UTC+9 hours)
Release date : 15 May, 2014
PLAIN ARCHIVE Collection No.001
Print run : 600 copies for international customers
Numbered 1 through 1000 (But 600 copies only for international customers)
Lower number will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
Plain Archive's World Exclusive Artwork (Hand drawing illustration & Watercolor drawing)
Beautiful & delicate full slip cover
VIVA ELITE™ keep case
68p Booklet (all color / support both Korean and English)
Include A3 sized limited edition poster
2 movie trading cards (Using re-design cover art & Korean theatrical release poster)
Luxurious Plain Archive's exclusive removable sticker (leather textured paper / gold metal finished logo)

Video - 2.35:1 MPEG4 / AVC / 1080p / 23.976 fps
Audio - English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1ch(48kHz/24bit)
Subtitles - Korean / English
Region Code - A/B/C
Running time - 136min

Special Features :
1) About Melancholia (1080p, 12min)
2) Special Effects (1080p, 7min)
3) The Visual Style (1080p, 10min)
4) The Universe (1080p, 4min 30sec)
5) HDNet: A Look at Melancholia (1080i, 5min)
6) Interview: Lars von Trier (1080i, 6min)
7) Interview: Kirsten Dunst (1080i, 3min 50sec)
8) Interview: Charlotte Gainsbourg (1080i, 4min 40sec)
9) Theatrical Trailer (1080p, 2min)

* Weight of 1 copy : 420g (include bubble wrap and shipping boxes)*
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check the clip of a effect printing.

From Plain Archive's facebook

There're 5 special points on this full slip.

1. Using more sturdier & thicker paper than general full slip
2. Press embossing effect on Kirsten Dunst's shape
3. Hot stamping aqua blue foil on title calligraphy, movie quote and PA logo
4. Partial transparent hologram UV Coating on the planet and electric fingers
5. Designed the inside of the slip

This short video shows some special effect printing on full slip cover of Melancholia Blu-ray.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attachments

• melancholia.jpg
    melancholia.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 524
Last edited:
i think nearly everyone who collects plain archive says this is their finest release. i find it weird that their first release is there best. i reckon the blue shiny caligraphy, holofoil and debossing etc must of cost an absolute fortune and must of decided to cut costs. this release just feels more premum than any other release for some reason

i think nearly everyone who collects plain archive says this is their finest release. i find it weird that their first release is there best. i reckon the blue shiny caligraphy, holofoil and debossing etc must of cost an absolute fortune and must of decided to cut costs. this release just feels more premum than any other release for some reason
I would agree, I think this is there best release. You would think that the newer releases would have topped it but it hasn't happened. I think it's the light blue reflective calligraphy and the fine detail that makes it look so good. They have had some great releases since then but this is still the best they have done for me!

I would agree, I think this is there best release. You would think that the newer releases would have topped it but it hasn't happened. I think it's the light blue reflective calligraphy and the fine detail that makes it look so good. They have had some great releases since then but this is still the best they have done for me!

i agree. nothing compares to that shiny blue caligraphy. it looks so amazing in person. i reckon it must of cost a fortune and after the release they realised they cant keep spending that much on the design otherwise they wont break even.

its one of the finest slipcovers ever made in my opnion

Reactions: lolwut and Sigill
i agree. nothing compares to that shiny blue caligraphy. it looks so amazing in person. i reckon it must of cost a fortune and after the release they realised they cant keep spending that much on the design otherwise they wont break even.

its one of the finest slipcovers ever made in my opnion
Yeah they definatly went all out in their first release! They still do great slips but as you said the costs may of been too high on this one so they had to tone it down for the other releases!

Reactions: harry and djjez83
Take a picture of one of our releases with your city or town!
To our customers worldwide,

It’s truly incredible and humbling to know that we have so much love and support from all over the world.

Which is why we’ve prepared a special event.

Take a picture of one of our releases with your city or town visible in the background. It could be the Hollywood Sign, the Walt Disney Concert Hall, the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, Big Ben, etc. But the picture doesn’t have to have a famous tourist attraction in the background. It could just show the neighborhood you live in.

You can tweet the picture to us @plain_archive, or upload it to your Instagram account by tagging us @plainarchive or post it on our Facebook Page at https://www.facebook.com/PlainArchive. (*Deadline : 25th August)

Please don’t forget to mention your location. (eg. Edinburgh, Scotland)

There will be 10 winners, and each person will receive a special gift.

Good luck and have fun!

Best regards
PLAIN ARCHIVE
The winners will be announced on 2nd September.
- PA

Reactions: djjez83