Metropolis (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

Nov 29, 2012
Release date: January 19th, 2015
Price: £29.99
Purchase link: Amazon UK

image.jpg

More info:

[Limited to 4000 copies worldwide] with additional extras, as part of their award-winning The Masters of Cinema Series on 19 January 2015.

Eureka! Entertainment
have announced the release of Fritz Lang’s, Metropolis Ultimate Collector’s Edition, the mother of all sci-fi films and a major influence on Ridley Scott (Blade Runner), George Lucas (Star Wars), and pop culture in general (referenced by Madonna, Beyonce and countless others) will be re-released in a 2-disc Blu-ray set in brand new SteelBook packaging, now featuring Giorgio Moroder presents: Metropolis and a 45-min documentary exploring the film’s rediscovery. Limited to just 4000 units worldwide and including an opportunity with every SteelBook to win a unique bespoke Metropolis engraved solid gold bar, Metropolis Ultimate Collector’s Editionwill be released as part of the Masters of Cinema Series on 19 January 2015.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful steelbook. It still can't beat the original steelbook release, but it's still far better than most recent steelbook releases. The finish is pretty good. Are these the same guys who manufacture those Disney steelbooks?

Beautiful steelbook. It still can't beat the original steelbook release, but it's still far better than most recent steelbook releases. The finish is pretty good. Are these the same guys who manufacture those Disney steelbooks?
If you mean Scanavo, they manufacture ALL Steelbooks.

Really great pics. I'm in two minds about this. On the one hand I want this but not enough to drop £25 on it. What do you guys think about this dropping in price? I've got quite a few MOC steels and I know they take a while to drop whilst some never do and go OOS like A Touch of Evil. But £25 seems steep even for this beauty.

Reactions: paulboland
Really great pics. I'm in two minds about this. On the one hand I want this but not enough to drop £25 on it. What do you guys think about this dropping in price? I've got quite a few MOC steels and I know they take a while to drop whilst some never do and go OOS like A Touch of Evil. But £25 seems steep even for this beauty.

I recall A Touch of Evil dropping to around £10 in HMV before I picked it up. I would say 4k+ seems to be a comfortable amount to allow yourself to exercise a little patience. Still you can never tell with MoC which releases will take a significant price drop. Personally I'm in the same boat as you and think I'll hang off on a purchase for the time being.

Reactions: jitstark
Okay this may have been mentioned before, but could someone please guide me how to enter the gold-bar contest ?
Got my copy a few days ago from Amazon.

Thanx :thumbs:

This is now available at Amazon here.

Thanks a bunch. I actually got it for 22 quid, hopefully that will satisfy some people who are on the fence at £25. Just click on one of the many sellers that are linked to Amazon. The guy I bought it from apparently has 7 left after I bought 2.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sigill