Austin Texas

Useful Links
MondoCon Site
MondoCon Tickets
MondoCon Guests

Current Artists
mc2.PNG

Last edited:
btw that "ooo thats a bingo" I bought that print and a taxi driver one like that. Thats all I got for myself at the con, the artist Oliver was pretty cool.

Dude, I looked at one your pics and my brother in law is like right by you wearing a black HDN shirt. haha! I wasn't standing there. I didn't go on Sunday. I met up with roseart tho a couple of times saturday ... was easier to just text saying "in the lobby" ;)

Yeah, most of my pics were taken while I was standing in lines on Saturday. I looked for the shirts while moving around from booth to booth and guess I just missed you guys. I did talk to Chris beforehand and we had planned on letting each other know about any drops/etc. but that kind of stuff didn't happen, as you well know. I know it was their first year, but I was hoping for more interactive activities. The Shaun of the Dead booth was pure genius, but I was hoping for some more booths or something similar that got the crowd more involved. Something to keep you there longer other than just walking around viewing the artist's work. I was also hoping there would be a booth (rather than just a few display cases) for the upcoming Mondo toys to get some more info/explanation about them.

I went not as a Mondo fan (don't know much about Mondo at all), but as someone who wanted to learn more and experience it first hand. It was a really cool experience and I can absolutely appreciate all the different art/artists for what it/they were.

I would definitely like to see it grow into something bigger. I know it will never be anything like SDCC, but adding in some more things to get the fans involved would be a smart addition for both sides. And freebies (swag bag, door prizes, drops, etc.) never hurt anyone [emoji12]

One thing I learned after going back on Sunday (which I almost didn't do), was that next year, I'll only be purchasing a Sunday ticket rather than the 2 day pass. There was only one line on Sunday (Mike Mitchell) when I went back and MOST everything was still available. I was even able to get one of the vinyl test pressings (run of only 200) for another HDN member and didn't have to wait in line but maybe 5 minutes to get it. On Saturday, the line for the Mondo Booth was 3+ hours ALL DAY (at least the entire time I was there).

As I stated in an earlier post, it was one hell of an experience, even for someone who didn't know much about it going in, but I do hope a few things get adjusted for next year.

What did you think about the convention as a whole? I'm curious to hear someone's view who knows more about it and is much more of a fan pre-con.

EDIT: Just realized this morning that my HDN 1 year anniversary was just a couple days ago. I've decided I'm going to host a giveaway that will include a few different prizes. One of them being one of the Shaun of the Dead OST vinyls autographed by Jock. I'll have it posted in the next few days.

These are the 3 versions of the Shaun of the Dead LP:

View attachment 102020

Version A

View attachment 102021

Version A with "Beer" Variant Vinyl

View attachment 102022

Version B with "Stawberry Swirl" Vinyl

EEK! They looks awesome! I want one badly!

EDIT: Just realized this morning that my HDN 1 year anniversary was just a couple days ago. I've decided I'm going to host a giveaway that will include a few different prizes. One of them being one of the Shaun of the Dead OST vinyls autographed by Jock. I'll have it posted in the next few days.

You what! That's fantastic. :D Congrats on 1 year btw!

Participants:
1) spass
2) spass v 2.0

......and the winner is:
29IJ8X.png

Oh look I won! PM incoming with my details. :p :hilarious::woot::writing:

Seriously though. It looks like you guys had a great time. Thanks for all the pics! :thumbs:

Reactions: mlmaier84 and vurt
Just got back from holiday, I didn't keep up with this thread because I only had access to internet through my crappy phone.

Awesome pics @mlmaier84 and once again HUGE thanks for getting that vinyl test for me!!!

I see that the con was a blast, hope everyone that went had a great time and was able to grab what they wanted!