Monsters, Inc. (Lenticular Edition) (2D+3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: December 23, 2016
Purchase link: Monsters, Inc. (Pre-orders will be live around 6 PM UK time on Sunday December 4)
Price: £24.99

IMG_5985.JPG

IMG_5986.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
they got a decent matching slip this time as well and a Lenti to go with it. Quite tempted as well. But at £25 pretty expensive considering so many titles to order from.

I admire your optimism my friend, although I don't share it. Be lucky if any of these of these gets a price drop below £17.99 before selling out.

I'm sure it will sell out.. I was just kidding:)
I've got the german steel, the uk zavvi one and the blufans (or was it kimchi? think it was kimchi for this and blufans for uni). I might have picked this up too if it was released next year but as it stands I have no more pennies for all the ones announced.. the only one I might buy is frozen.

Is the release date still the same?

Wouldn't mind getting this one but only if the release dates stays roughly the same or even moved to Jan and I want to see pics of the rocketeer lenti when peeps start getting that.

Yes, don't want to get in the way of Mad Max on his Fury Road ;). . .

Anyway, this new one appears to have exactly the same front artwork as the original steelbook just with the lenticular magnet stuck on inside the frame / full height ? . . . no idea.
The new back is also better on the new one than the original (IMO) because it "flows" better with the front and spine.
ORIGINAL steelbook

Insides better on the new one too (IMO)
ORIGINAL
11369769-1274436648857176.jpg

Welcome re-release of a three year old steelbook with more than likely the exact same finish - Matte / Embossing - but this time BETTER with improved back and insides as well as the lenticular magnet which will hopefully be stunning :thumbs::)
Will be ordering when I get the chance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: lgans316
Updated image showing the legs . . . alignment issues with the image on the magnet and the image on the steelbook frame - the horizontal bars on the right - hopefully minor:-
11369769-1134444882320711.jpg

Oh dear I've just noticed something I can't unsee now

The way they have designed this they have stretched the door out so the pattern/ inside of the door looks well out of place

On the original steel the left edge makes it look like the end of the door so it works and the original poster and lenti from the US ammray have the correct door.

That's really annoyed me and looks stupid now. Only one I wanted too

(Just noticed the title is in a different place to the original too but that don't bother me)

How the door should look.....

image.jpeg

Obviously they have changed the pic of boo like on the original zavvi and moved sully and Mike out a little which is fine (which is also the back art) but the stretched door is ugly.....

image.jpeg

All that space on the left looks weird now

And this is the original zavvi steel where the door looks normal and flows with the rounded corner

image.jpeg

I hope that door is changed before its released, they only need to enlarge the inside door part and move it a bit to the left

Last edited:
Again, one of the original 2001 poster artworks . . . clearly an inspiration for more than a few home video releases from VHS in 2002 to the marvel that is 1080p in 2016:-
(It won't escape notice that the steelbook layout is the best of the bunch in not having the legs/feet cut off)
monsters_inc_ver8.jpg

VHS / DVD / BD
II
V

DVD & BD: U.K. ..................................U.S. ......................................... AUSTRALIA .......................NORWAY & DENMARK ...............JAPAN ................................ JAPAN
28479_large.jpg
20269_large.jpg
130683_large.jpg
35486_large.jpg
85952_large.jpg
75567_large.jpg

AUSTRALIA ......................................... U.K.
130683_large.jpg

Again, one of the original 2001 poster artworks . . . clearly an inspiration for more than a few home video releases from VHS in 2002 to the marvel that is 1080p in 2016:-
(It won't escape notice that the steelbook layout is the best of the bunch in not having the legs/feet cut off)
monsters_inc_ver8.jpg

VHS / DVD / BD
II
V

DVD & BD: U.K. ..................................U.S. ......................................... AUSTRALIA .......................NORWAY & DENMARK ...............JAPAN ................................ JAPAN
28479_large.jpg
20269_large.jpg
130683_large.jpg
35486_large.jpg
85952_large.jpg
75567_large.jpg

AUSTRALIA ......................................... U.K.
130683_large.jpg

Your clearly missing my point with the door and seem to be high everything from the uk being perfect so it's completely pointless talking to you about it

It's nothing to do with the feet and all pictures you've provided have the door in the correct perspective just like the original zavvi steel

Also regarding you and lentis: I'll talk to you properly once you've had a nova, Blu fans or a kimchi lenti in hand (and although hunger games, hulks and spidey lentis are good they are knowhere Near their potential)

This is the only one I wanted but the door issue has put me off completely. I hope Disney fix it in time

• Thanks
Reactions: goufcustom