Nightcrawler (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Novamedia Exclusive No.7) [Korea]

Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
Release date: 23rd of October, 2015
Group buy: ROW hosted by @Naughtius Maximus - USA members only, hosted by @Aniv
Purchase links: Pre-order starts 18th Sep, 2015. 10 AM (Korea Time, UTC+9)
1/4 Slip (500 copies / 250 copies only for International)
Lenti Slip (2000 copies / 1000 copies only for International)
Full Slip (2500 copies / 1250 copies only for International)
One click
Price: $35.99 (1/4 Slip) - $37.99 (Lenti or Full Slip) - $110 (One click)
Note: PA is not involved with the design process - Region free discs.

11059584_609529819150794_4876211890696430959_n.jpg

Use the following time zone converter if your area is not listed below.

11998885_620658861371223_1880013150843390713_n.png

12002391_620658561371253_522277730265414528_o.jpg 11999796_620658558037920_924874532459366744_o.jpg 11953537_620658564704586_4661414150089113896_o.jpg

buzbQc5.gif

From Novamedia facebook :

Announcement :: NOVAMEDIA Exclusive Blu-ray Steelbook No. ??

Novamedia collaborates with Plain Archive, again. PA deals with "authoring", "local commentary", "booklet".
It will be released this fall.

Last edited by a moderator:
One man's cheez whiz is another man's brie.

:LOL: I love this statement. Are you quoting something, or did you conjure that one yourself? Either way, I'll be using it myself at the first available opportunity. :p

I'm quite fond of holofoil as well. I think it's actually a relatively classy way to grab the eye, unlike many other gimmicks. When I first got into this game, I wouldn't go near lenticular stuff--to me it was the ultimate in cheese. My entire life, I've associated the lenticular effect with kiddie stuff like baseball cards or toy surprises in sugary cereal (I feel a Ren & Stimpy gif coming on--there are at least two relevant possibilities, so don't disappoint me, C.C.). Before Blu-rays, these were the only lenticular products I'd ever seen (as far as I can remember), so lenticular packaging got nothing but eye-rolling out of me. I've finally begun to warm up to it just recently, but only when the image and/or effect is exceptionally well done. Still can't completely silence that cheese alarm.

Last edited:
Reactions: C.C. 95
:LOL: I love this statement. Are you quoting something, or did you conjure that one yourself? Either way, I'll be using it myself at the first available opportunity. :p

I'm quite fond of holofoil as well. I think it's actually a relatively classy way to grab the eye, unlike many other gimmicks. When I first got into this game, I wouldn't go near lenticular stuff--to me it was the ultimate in cheese. My entire life, I've associated the lenticular effect with kiddie stuff like baseball cards or toy surprises in sugary cereal (I feel a Ren & Stimpy gif coming on--there are at least two relevant possibilities, so don't disappoint me, C.C.). Before Blu-rays, these were the only lenticular products I'd ever seen (as far as I can remember), so lenticular packaging got nothing but eye-rolling out of me. I've finally begun to warm up to it just recently, but only when the image and/or effect is exceptionally well done. Still can't completely silence that cheese alarm.
:rofl:Thanks! No, I cooked that up with my very own noodle!:LOL:
...and you mentioned cereal, did you?:naughty:

Last edited:
Reactions: adarkcorner
I like it too... but I just think it would look pretty amusing on the glasses. :rofl: Although technically I guess it might not even be possible to do it because of the material?
I don't think they would be able to do that kind of finish on metal. I would think it only works on paper.

I can't wait to get this release it will be breathtaking I am sure. Even though not crazy about front artwork of the steel(although LOVE Back Artwork of Steel), I am warming up to it with all the other elements of the release that will be included with it...FullSlips and Lenti will be Amazing...and I hope for those who liked Drive, will warm up to this release before it goes out of Stock. This is just an awesome movie that is definitely on its way to Cult Status... it may take more time to get there than Drive(as I said Before) but Drive also when released by Nova had been out for much longer than Nightcrawler was if I am not mistaken. But both movie deserving of Cult Classic Status. Don't regret missing out on This Gem !

Hi guys :) Can anyone in "the-know" enlighten me in regards to the Nightcrawler 1 Click...

Are Nova 1 Click orders simply each edition (Fullslip, Lentislip + 1/4 slip) from their overall respective print runs and basically you're just guaranteed matching #'s below <300?

(For example, 1 Click: Fullslip #0001/2500, Lenti-slip #0001/2000, 1/4 slip #001/500?)

Lastly, does the 1/4 slip within the 1 Click come with all the extras (booklet, postcards & most imprtantly, different disk artwork) as shown in the OP? As I'm not sure as to how they'd even fit those extras in with a 1/4 slip steelbook? :confused:

Thanks for any help or input :thumbs:

Are Nova 1 Click orders simply each edition (Fullslip, Lentislip + 1/4 slip) from their overall respective print runs and basically you're just guaranteed matching #'s

That's basically it in principle, there has been few instances though where the numbers didn't match.

Lastly, does the 1/4 slip within the 1 Click come with all the extras as shown in the OP? As I'm not sure as to how they'd even fit those extras in with a 1/4 slip steelbook?

The lentis' and quarter slips' booklets come in a smaller size than the ones included with the full slips'.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Mickle_89
That's basically it in principle, there has been few instances though where the numbers didn't match
Wow, that would kinda suck if that was the case! :ohno: I assumed that was one of the guaranteed benefits of purchasing a 1 Click... :confused:
The lentis' and quarter slips' booklets come in a smaller size than the ones included with the full slips'.
Thanks for clarifying that @Apollon :)

If you were to purchase 1x Fullslip and 1x Lenti direct and simultaneously with Nova, would #'s would be random or matched?

50/50 chance. You could try emailing them after placing the order and requesting matching numbers and see what they say.
Thanks @Apollon :) Unlike you, I'm in favour of Nova's release of Nightcrawler opposed to the upcoming Mondo (personal preference / taste ;)) but am unsure whether to "1 Click Wonder" OR just Fullslip + Lenti! :ohno: :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Wow, that would kinda suck if that was the case! :ohno: I assumed that was one of the guaranteed benefits of purchasing a 1 Click... :confused:
Depending on the type of collector, numbers isn't everything. One-clicks used to be a way to guarantee that you secure a copy of the release more than getting matching numbers. Since that is what we're paying for. But, retailers found out people are more willing to buy one-clicks if the numbers match. So now almost all companies do it. So I think it's more of a way for them to guarantee a sellout.

It wouldn't suck if the numbers didn't match. Again, it all depends on what type of collector you are.
If you wanted all of your collection to have matching number, then I suppose it would suck.
But there are a lot of people who don't really care about the numbers, but more about the packages :)

Depending on the type of collector, numbers isn't everything. One-clicks used to be a way to guarantee that you secure a copy of the release more than getting matching numbers. Since that is what we're paying for. But, retailers found out people are more willing to buy one-clicks if the numbers match. So now almost all companies do it. So I think it's more of a way for them to guarantee a sellout.

It wouldn't suck if the numbers didn't match. Again, it all depends on what type of collector you are.
If you wanted all of your collection to have matching number, then I suppose it would suck.
But there are a lot of people who don't really care about the numbers, but more about the packages :)
@AlienKing, I appreciate your clear and valid input :) At the time of posting to @Apollon, I was simply making an initial judgement based on my recent viewing of their website listing which states, and I quote: (As same numbered Full Slip + Lenticular slip +Quarter slip).

Prior to my post (RE: it would kinda "suck"), Apollon had mentioned that there have been occasions in which this wasn't the case, and I just found it somewhat surprising.

In regards to my #'s being matched personally, I have an array of Steels / packages in my ever growing collection with an equal array of different numbers LOL :LOL: So no, it wouldn't "suck" as I initially put it as their packages / quality more than make up for that :drool:

However (IMHO), if I loved a movie so much and equally adored each of the package/s offered that I'd so wish for the 1 Click option; for me as a collector, I would hope and my preference would be, that the #'s would match. But again, that's just my personal preference and stance on the matter :D

If it ended up being random, it wouldn't be the end of the world (far from it!) but could be somewhat annoying for those who wish to have their 1 Click package #'s matched (as per Nova's listing states) :thumbs:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: AlienKing
@Mickle_89 It may happen that the 1-Click don't match as error is Human but my 2 click that I bought were matching numbers. Plus for the Avengers I my set of FullSlips which should have been random number they actually Matched them as well( and numbers were passed 300 1-click)...so they are aware of that part is important for the Collector, but if error happens I would not be upset, I used to be really obsessed with numbers but it is something we can't control and IMO adds a level of stress and takes some fun out of collecting.

Ever since I let that go, whenever I get a nice number I'm happy, but if I don't I don't minds anymore I prefer OCD over Numbers, so for me Priority is the OCDness of a copy... and for Avengers there were so many post that people who had bought all versions separate passed the 300 numbers once all 1-click sold out, Nova actually continued to match all copies as best they could...but at some points it becomes impossible when they sell more copies than others then numbers were not all matching at that point...

the 1-click Blufans does always in my experience Match numbers well, so it is something common that retailers do for the collector but again securing and OCD copy is far more important to me than the number.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: AlienKing
@Mickle_89 It may happen that the 1-Click don't match as error is Human but my 2 click that I bought were matching numbers. Plus for the Avengers I my set of FullSlips which should have been random number they actually Matched them as well( and numbers were passed 300 1-click)...so they are aware of that part is important for the Collector, but if error happens I would not be upset, I used to be really obsessed with numbers but it is something we can't control and IMO adds a level of stress and takes some fun out of collecting.

Ever since I let that go, whenever I get a nice number I'm happy, but if I don't I don't minds anymore I prefer OCD over Numbers, so for me Priority is the OCDness of a copy... and for Avengers there were so many post that people who had bought all versions separate passed the 300 numbers once all 1-click sold out, Nova actually continued to match all copies as best they could...but at some points it becomes impossible when they sell more copies than others then numbers were not all matching at that point...

the 1-click Blufans does always in my experience Match numbers well, so it is something common that retailers do for the collector but again securing and OCD copy is far more important to me than the number.
Hey @Actarus :D

Yesterday was my first experience of ordering direct and I appreciate all of your input regarding Nova, dually noted :thumbs:

I have to agree that I myself prefer OCD'ness opposed to just low / matching #'s etc. Low #'s aren't priority for me in any shape / form but granted, a nice bonus when they come along! :wow:

On a final note, I am just happy to have secured an order given I was so late to the party LOL :rofl: and am very much looking forward to this release... :hungry::drool:

Reactions: Actarus