Noah (2014) (2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [Taiwan]

HUBMUSWELL

#Metal Hunter
Premium Supporter
Apr 22, 2011
London, UK
OLD: Noah 3D+2D Steelbook (2Disc)(DTS-HD)(Blu-ray)
NEW: Noah 2D Steelbook (DTS-HD)(Blu-ray)

Release date: 01 August, 2014 Friday 08 August, 2014

Purchase link:
JSDVD
Price: NT$1,210
YesAsia
Price:
US$54.99 [~£32.68]
Artwork:

8835noahsb.jpg

Attachments

• Noah-TW.jpg
    Noah-TW.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 253
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
The only thing against this steel reaching grail status (imo) is that it was released worldwide. It may have embossing, spot gloss finishing, but European releases also have this. It has a low print run in its market but it's not a low print run worldwide. Iron Man Futureshop is a grail because there was only one of it's kind worldwide. Suckerpunch G1 SDCC is a grail because there was only one of its kind released worldwide. This still will generate value and I wish I still had it :( (but the use of the world grail is subjective).

But if you look at Captain America Amazon.jp ltd edition and Captain America Taiwan both reached Grail release Status even though you find the same steel with different discs of other country(Germany, italy, UK HMV, Thailand...) and those other never reached the Grail status. Only those 2 did; Why are the Japan and Taiwan so sought after that made them Grail release I don't know, but the fact of the matter is only those 2 did reach it even with all the other country releases.

Last edited:
And maybe they will reprint a few more, like Thor 2...

Best wishes,

Michael

Thor 2 did get a 2nd pressing and first Print Run was much higher as Marvel releases(Avengers series) are very popular in Taiwan.

Noah on the other hand, will not get a 2nd pressing as it did not so great over there.

Thor 2 did get a 2nd pressing and first Print Run was much higher as Marvel releases(Avengers series) are very popular in Taiwan.

Noah on the other hand, will not get a 2nd pressing as it did not so great over there.

That is a pity, because I may want to add it to my Taiwan collection, depending on the slip. But I won't pay much more than retail price for it.

The only thing against this steel reaching grail status (imo) is that it was released worldwide. It may have embossing, spot gloss finishing, but European releases also have this. It has a low print run in its market but it's not a low print run worldwide. Iron Man Futureshop is a grail because there was only one of it's kind worldwide. Suckerpunch G1 SDCC is a grail because there was only one of its kind released worldwide. This still will generate value and I wish I still had it :( (but the use of the world grail is subjective).

Personally, I think the day of the "Grail" is long behind us and there are really only 10-15 TRUE "Grails" (SuckerPunch SDCC NOT being one of them). There are dozens of SUPER rare steels, but SUPER rare/expensive DOES NOT equal "Grail". But as you said, the whole grail thing is totally subjective and a matter of perspective and this is simply my opinion.

There were a few of those 10-15 that were Worldwide releases. Thor KR, Thor JP, Capt. A TW & Capt. A JP. I realize that Thor, Capt. A and any other Marvels will ALWAYS have the ability (or at the very least, the potential) to be an exception to the rule, but those I named were worldwide releases. Noah TW will most certainly NOT be a "Grail", but it is very rare (obviously) and in turn, will be VERY expensive from day one in the aftermarket. All the canceled orders and hype because of that will certainly facilitate the high price/value. And if this turns out to be one of the editions that has the full gloss finish (as Wreck hinted at), then that will only make it worse.

But if you look at Captain America Amazon.jp ltd edition and Captain America Taiwan both reached Grail release Status even though you find the same steel with different discs of other country(Germany, italy, UK HMV, Thailand...) and those other never reached the Grail status. Only those 2 did; Why are the Japan and Taiwan so sought after that made them Grail release I don't know, but the fact of the matter is only those 2 did reach it even with all the other country releases.

I get what you are saying, but Marvel steels are in a league of their own though. I would compare Noah Taiwan to JFK Taiwan. Much smaller print runs from the rest of the world (until BF released JFK :)) but not grails.

• Informative
Reactions: mlmaier84 and harry
I get what you are saying, but Marvel steels are in a league of their own though. I would compare Noah Taiwan to JFK Taiwan. Much smaller print runs from the rest of the world (until BF released JFK :)) but not grails.

That's fair, I would view it also this way come to think of it, just very limited so therefore will have a high demand for it... To become grail I guess this just happens on it's own and way after the release... nobody knows when and on what release it would happen, if it happens...but I'll settle for this being limited and Am happy with it no matter what. after all I collect, as I have said, for myself, for the love of the steel :D

Reactions: darczap
it went OOS/OOP during the beginning of the pre-orders. Deltamac has done a very limited print run of this and what had happened is that jsdvd took way more order than they should have thinking they would be able to order more stock. So Deltamac informed them that they were not producing more so they had to cancel all the orders they took after it went OOS.

I was told that this steel will most likely become a very rare/may reach grail release status due to it's such low print run and the high demand for it.
boo
I dont remember seeing any other 3D Steelbook options for this movie which is why I was so keen to jump on this one
will have to investigate....

boo
I dont remember seeing any other 3D Steelbook options for this movie which is why I was so keen to jump on this one
will have to investigate....

the Germany and Czech Republic ones have the 3D also, but of course it doesn't come as nicely dressed as the Taiwan steel, plus what I noticed and what I don't like with German steels is that if they become OOS, often the do reprints. Taiwan they most likely do not reprint, other than if it's from the Avengers series... other than that they usually do one print run. It's a huge reason why I love Taiwan also.

Last edited:
Reactions: digitalbabe
the Germany and Czech Republic ones have the 3D also, but of course it doesn't come as nicely dressed as the Taiwan steel, plus what I noticed and what I don't like with German steels is that if they become OOS, often the do reprints. Taiwan they most likely do not reprint, other than if it's from the Avengers series... other than that they usually do one print run. It's a huge reason why I love Taiwan also.
too be honest, as nice as the Taiwan releases are, I can deal without so long as I get a 3D steel

My only concern with the German one, is printed German text on it - I cant find anything out about the steelbook being WWA meaning only the partial slip would be missing compared to this version.

too be honest, as nice as the Taiwan releases are, I can deal without so long as I get a 3D steel

My only concern with the German one, is printed German text on it - I cant find anything out about the steelbook being WWA meaning only the partial slip would be missing compared to this version.

Yes, no crazy about german releases but if you missed out on the Taiwan it might be a good choice...too bad that the Korean version didn't contain the 3D

And gone! Had it in the cart but had to switch to the YesAsia that ships to the US and by the time I did that it vanished! I just want a 3D edition with the deluxe bossing and glossing treatment! C'mon Germany!

And gone! Had it in the cart but had to switch to the YesAsia that ships to the US and by the time I did that it vanished! I just want a 3D edition with the deluxe bossing and glossing treatment! C'mon Germany!

I still see it avaiable. Try again.

Reactions: Bluprint