Notes: BD+DVD+Digital Copy

pinger_1595555998_zps7bdc12f0.jpg

pinger_1595555998_zps7bdc12f0.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 221
Last edited by a moderator:
I got mine this morning and they sent me an Amaray instead of the metal pak. Now I have to call...

EDIT: The Anderson Merchandising lady told me that they sent the Amaray case in the meantime while their metalpak stocks were replenished. She said they would send the metal pak as soon as they received them.

Does that mean they will ship an EMPTY metal case? What if its damaged? how do we exchange it at walmart like that? Would walmart let me exchange this one for the metal pak, which rings up $3 more than the Amaray?

Last edited:
I ran into this yesterday :hilarious:

View attachment 43637

:LOL: Put it on eBay for $1000 :LOL:

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

I got mine this morning and they sent me an Amaray instead of the metal pak. Now I have to call...

EDIT: The Anderson Merchandising lady told me that they sent the Amaray case in the meantime while their metalpak stocks were replenished. She said they would send the metal pak as soon as they received them.

Does that mean they will ship an EMPTY metal case? What if its damaged? how do we exchange it at walmart like that? Would walmart let me exchange this one for the metal pak, which rings up $3 more than the Amaray?
Did you not get the letter in the package that explained what happened? That they had more pre-orders sold than metalpaks in stock and they would ship out the metalpak as soon as they got some more in? Mine had that letter.

I was wondering about what they will send later. If it's the whole package, I may just keep my amaray copy sealed and return it to Wal-Mart for credit. It appears to be the same packaging/SKU # as the regular release.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no complaints about mine. It has a few very minor scratches and one spot that is chipped (tiny spot) but overall I am happy with it. It is my first metal-pack and while I do not think I will go hunting for any more of them, I wanted this movie and could not swing getting a steel-book.

I got this yesterday and it looks really nice. When Superman comes out I will go back and see if it is a steelbook or metalpak and pick one up provided it has the magnet with it.
I really don't likt this pre-sale stuff because you have no idea what you might be getting.

I got this yesterday and it looks really nice. When Superman comes out I will go back and see if it is a steelbook or metalpak and pick one up provided it has the magnet with it.
I really don't likt this pre-sale stuff because you have no idea what you might be getting.

Me too I will never do the preorder again what a complete cluster frak. If I get an amray version today I am going to be so pissed off.

Me too I will never do the preorder again what a complete cluster frak. If I get an amray version today I am going to be so pissed off.

Looking back at this pre-order it would have been nice to get the product in the image on the pre-order materials. The image clearly shows a Steel Book and not a MetalPak going by the spine design. I had honestly though the MetalPak wording was an error and it was going to be a steel but that was based on the product image. It would not surprise me if they release an alternate version (Dirs Cut or Extended) as a steel later on.

Today because I was feeling brave, I pre-ordered the Star Trek steel form Wally World. It at least states that it is a steel book.

Never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever again will I order there stupid fraking preorder. They sent me the stupid fraking amray with the dumb note that they will send the metalpak later KISS MY FRAKING ARSE WAL-MART

Has anyone managed to take their amray in and exchange it with their receipt for the actual metalpak. So fraking excited to get home and see this and I fraking get a stupid fraking amray arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Reactions: ocielz
Never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever again will I order there stupid fraking preorder. They sent me the stupid fraking amray with the dumb note that they will send the metalpak later KISS MY FRAKING ARSE WAL-MART

Has anyone managed to take their amray in and exchange it with their receipt for the actual metalpak. So fraking excited to get home and see this and I fraking get a stupid fraking amray arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Not to take away anything from your awesome post but this was posted a couple days ago in this thread by yours truly :D so it should have maybe been expected ;)

Sir, I feel your pain-been there with Target, BB and Wm-big pain in rear-they hopefully can help you in store-good luck!

:::: Digitalbabe ::::

Staff/Community Manager
Hidefninja.com

My local rental store had about 15 copies but they were all dented like no other. They also had it out before the movie was released.... Not sure how they got them from walmart so early unless they ordered online.

IMG_0216_zpsf19d47f5.jpg

Was the Metal Pak the only version released at WM? Trying to figure out why on earth you would buy metal paks for a rental store otherwise. They would get busted up in no time.

:::: Digitalbabe ::::

Staff/Community Manager
Hidefninja.com

Well hopefully there is some still left tomorrow I am going to stop on my in to work, I will not do one of their preorders ever again.

Managed to exchange it in store what a pain still, the one lady had no idea what I was talking about and had to call someone over to help.

I don't get the grief for this, its a gorgeous steelbook or metalpak but still gorgeous.