Passengers (2D+3D Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

Sep 23, 2013
Release date: May 8, 2017
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - Zoom - HMV
Price: £21.99 (Amazon) - £24.99 (Zavvi) - £22.99 (Zoom - Hmv)

Unboxing on HDN main page by cooey

Immagine.jpg

Immagine2.jpg Immagine3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The plot was just too ridiculous. no chemistry between the two.
I can't take Pratt in any serious leading role. So ever since the first trailer I've been skeptical.
He needs to stick to roles like Star Lord. It's perfect for him. But Hollywood loves slapping the next hottest name on every movie so now we have Passengers in our hands.

Went to see it last night, actually quite enjoyed it. It wasn't perfect by any means but I did like it. Not a fan of that steelbook art though, hopefully a Korean Slip will pop up closer to release

Thanks, Amazon ordered cancelled and reordered from Zoom.
Just noticed that my order confirmation from Zoom states the release date as being 31/12/2099! If that's true, then I'll need to go in to suspended animation myself if I'm to stand any chance of still being alive by the time it's released!! :rofl:

(and before anyone points out the obvious - yes, I know it's only a placemarker until they know the actual release date. Zavvi has a default release date of 31 December 2017 for now).

Different visual showing for the PASSENGER steelbook for Sweden and speaking for myself I'm hoping that the new visual doesn't end up being the International edition front artwork but I fear it's a distinct possibility :dunno: . . . I'll certainly miss that distinctive tittle treatment which I think I'd really like and like even more if de-bossed.

New visual styled on one of the original film posters but I still prefer the simplicity and elegance of the other without the faces.

. . . or is it this one with a slight tweak to the back art?

As for continuing the tradition of one word titles for sci-fi films . . . I like it . . . and got me thinking of other examples of the better known sci-fi films with one word titles such as:-
INCEPTION, ARMAGEDDON, AVATAR, SIGNS, TRON, TERMINATOR, PREDATOR, PREDATORS, CRITTERS, MIMIC, CYBORG, ALIEN, ALIENS, GATTACA, OBLIVION, SPHERE, VIRUS, COCOON, SPECIES, SPLICE, DUNE, HANCOCK, DREDD, HARDWARE, GAMER, ELYSIUM, BABEL, CARRIERS, CASSHERN, SUPERMAN, VISITORS, SERENITY, CONEHEADS, ELIMINATORS, EXPLORERS, STARGATE, ZARDOZ, LIFEFORCE, WATERWORLD, COMA, SPACEBALLS, SOLDIER, AKIRA, THEM, SOLARIS, QUATERMASS, MOON, METEOR, CARNOSAUR, GATTACA, CONTACT, QUARANTINE, TREMORS, BARBARELLA, ROBOCOP, ROLLERBALL, GORGO, GRAVITY, ELYSIUM, KNOWING, INVASION, LIMITLESS, WATCHMEN, UNBREAKABLE, SUNSHINE, EQUILIBRIUM, LOOPER, BATTLESHIP, METROPOLIS, SURROGATES, JUMPER, PROMETHEUS, HELLBOY, WESTWORLD, FUTUREWORLD, CONTAGION, GODZILLA, CHRONICLE, EEGAH, ELEKTRA, DAREDEVIL, DARKMAN, BATMAN, GALAXINA, GAMERA, CLICK, TOMORROWLAND, HELL, STARMAN, OUTLAND, CARGO, NEMESIS, NEXT, OUTPOST, INTERSTELLAR, PANDORUM, PAUL, Q, SPAWN, SCAVENGERS, ULTRAVIOLET, SUPERGIRL, ZAAT, ZATHURA, 2012, VOLCANO, 9, THUNDERBIRDS, TIMECOP, TRANSFORMERS, PIRANHA, SKYLINE, STRANDED, RIDDICK, PRIMER, MAROONED, MANTERA, MARS, SHARKNADO, SHARKTOPUS, KRULL, INNERSPACE, INSURGENT, GREMLINS, DIVERGENT, DOOM . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Lionet
Glad to hear that. Been telling this for a while. Manufacturers are ditching 3D in favour of UHD which is a step in the right direction.

FFS, stop speaking for everyone :punch:. I don't give a crap about 4k, but I have an excellent 3D collection that I'm not going to ditch just because Sony wants to squeeze some more money out of people.

Why can't people like you just be happy with your UHD releases and let people that prefer 3D releases enjoy their own preference. No need to hope that the format dies out just because you're not a fan :rolleyes:

I hope cd's die out because I prefer vinyl....

In all seriousness though, I'm late to the 3D party but lucky enough to have a new 4K tv with 3D included and I think it's flippin' great. Going back through all my steels that have 3D discs and re-watching them has been an awesome experience :)

FFS, stop speaking for everyone :punch:. I don't give a crap about 4k, but I have an excellent 3D collection that I'm not going to ditch just because Sony wants to squeeze some more money out of people.

Why can't people like you just be happy with your UHD releases and let people that prefer 3D releases enjoy their own preference. No need to hope that the format dies out just because you're not a fan :rolleyes:

Dude,

It is my opinion and I am not speaking for everyone. I too have a huge collection of 3D Blu-rays (600+) but only a handful of them were great. Rest were all rubbish (just a gimmick). I only watch the ones where it was shot in 3D. When majority don't care about 3D, manufacturers will make sure they listen to the majority which is what is happening now. If you want to voice your concerns, do it with the manufacturers and not with me.

I would be perfectly happy with UHD + Blu-ray combo than a 3D + Blu-ray combo. Doesn't mean that all the UHD BDs released have been great but the industry is steering us towards that, so we only have a little say. There is no format war here (Betamax vs VHS and Blu-ray Vs. HD-DVD) with UHD. So sadly 3D will die.

Wonder if Sony have pulled the 3D steelbook for this Sony movie following the announcement of no longer making 3D TVs

http://www.fiercecable.com/cable/3d-tv-officially-dead-as-sony-and-lg-stop-making-sets
It could just be that Amazon has received enough pre-orders for their allocation, as both Zavvi and Zoom still have it listed (although I know that they are often a bit late in updating their listings). However, it has happened before with non-exclusives that one reatailer sells their allocation before another does...

Dude,

It is my opinion and I am not speaking for everyone. I too have a huge collection of 3D Blu-rays (600+) but only a handful of them were great. Rest were all rubbish (just a gimmick). I only watch the ones where it was shot in 3D. When majority don't care about 3D, manufacturers will make sure they listen to the majority which is what is happening now. If you want to voice your concerns, do it with the manufacturers and not with me.

I would be perfectly happy with UHD + Blu-ray combo than a 3D + Blu-ray combo. Doesn't mean that all the UHD BDs released have been great but the industry is steering us towards that, so we only have a little say. There is no format war here (Betamax vs VHS and Blu-ray Vs. HD-DVD) with UHD. So sadly 3D will die.

3D is already out the door. Sony and LG both confirmed no new models with 3D support. All TV manufacturers shifted their focus on 4K and HDR.

Sorry for off-topic :)

Reactions: lgans316