Passengers (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #73) [Czech Republic]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: May 31, 2017
Purchase links: Standard Edition - FAC
Price: 699 CZK - (Standard) 1199 CZK - (FAC)
HDN Group Buy: hosted by carllenc

16707306_1269928626457444_355170867475902067_o.jpg

16601619_1265203990263241_6540436710656881969_o.jpg
film_23057_2.jpg film_23057_3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, I wish we got more of a heads up on the prices.

Surely this was fixed weeks ago, around the time when the beauty shots go up. But we only find out when the GB goes live?

It's like a kick in the nuts. Especially when it's such a short time to decide if you can budget for it/or think it's worth it before the GB closes again :(

@Actarus thanks for the tag it actually woke me up for this gb. In like Flynn for this one was a decent movie with some incredible visuals. Only thing I didn't get is
why didn't they have kids? You know something us humans do a lot.

You might want to add a quick spoiler on that last bit.

I didn't think about that.. you've got a good point, its odd:thumbs:

Originally, I expected (PLOT SPOILERS AHEAD):
the newly woken crew to be met by their now middle-aged (or older) children, but it makes sense that they would've made the conscious decision not to have kids. Both characters accepted that waking Aurora (and condemning her to a life in deep space) was entirely unethical--cruel, even. But given the circumstances, they both came to accept their fate and made the best of it. Given those conditions, there's no way they'd force that life onto their potential children--especially since they wouldn't have had the same chance at love that came to "save" both of of their lives (at least not without channeling some *ahem* Greek mythology, but that's for another movie altogether :bag:).

Also, I joined this group buy before looking at the price. :greedy::greedy::greedy:

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: chunk and Actarus
I know that FA doesn't give a crap about me, but I sure was happy to buy their releases. Not long ago I was able to buy 3 movies for 100€ (without postage), now we're down to 2 :(
I'm sorry, but I'm not giving 50€ for THIS movie. No way. For 50€ I can buy a big box of LEGOs for my little girl or 4 steelbooks on ama.it. I guess I'll have to buy the regular UK steelbook for this movie :(

I hope the next few releases will be cheaper...

Sad to see the cost going up almost on par with Blufans, but if this carries on they may lose collectors.

I think you'll find that they already have lost collectors. They used to sell out of everything on their site as soon as it went live, now there are items still available to buy weeks after release.

Also anyone that looks at their site noticed that they haven't bothered updating the list of releases that are "currently being prepared" Goes right back to Pixels FAC #26

• Thanks
Reactions: Killi Zoltan
FA are greedy bastards, they will be in the ground by this time next year because of this (and their paranoia), and it will be deserved.

They insert gadgets (like with Bad Boys) to justify an abnormal increase in price (I've noticed that FA is putting their Black Baron hat to re-release In the Heart of the Sea for 999 CZK, just get out FA, you got 2017 all wrong).

It is 3D.

I've begrudgingly joined the GB because I've been waiting for this so long. I wasn't expecting that price. I hope this isn't the way forward.

I wish they'd stop adding trinkets to the packages like police badges, dog tags etc..

Is the collectors pin that comes with this the reason of the high price? Or has it been explained?

FilmArena know they could release a used sardine tin wrapped in cardboard and it would sell out. So I don't expect anything less from them tbh :(

I've complained about prices before and yet joined some overpriced GBs, but this time personally I don't think I can do that, 1199 CZK for something that should be 899 CZK at most (this would have been 799 CZK a year ago without that pin) is just too much. It would validate their pure greed.

I have logged in and that is the price. FAC bump up their price when have some left over stock. I had to pay 3.000 CZK for the JW hardbox which they increased from 2000 CZK. Not a good retailer at all to keep hiking the price up.

That is outrageous indeed, I noticed that a few weeks ago with Birdman. It cost 699 CZK when it was released in January 2016 (WEA steelbook/new film + all the bells and whistle), now it says 999 CZK on their website.

FilmArena think that their constumers, on top of being cash cows, are idiots. :(

Similar to bad boys, I am skipping this as well due to pricing. Am not supporting this weird pricing from FAC recently...as such haven't supported Black Baron either. For a company that is hellbent on reducing scalping, it's ironical what their rrp prices are nowadays.

FilmArena looked at ways to punish scalpers (but really they're upset at people who simply resell their stuff no matter the reason), and thought "WE shall become the scalpers".

Can't you send them all a PM or something? Seems more efficient, faster for you and this way there aren't 15 posts of you alerting people for a group buy.

Lots of people complaining, but I only see one person has commented to them directly via their facebook page. If you aren't happy then TELL THEM!

Lots of people complaining, but I only see one person has commented to them directly via their facebook page. If you aren't happy then TELL THEM!

If it was that easy and something would be done about it we will. But the chances anything be done, or the usual 'we will pass your feedback on' nonsense which basically means we won't do anything, no point wasting the time and effort.

If it was that easy and something would be done about it we will. But the chances anything be done, or the usual 'we will pass your feedback on' nonsense which basically means we won't do anything, no point wasting the time and effort.

FA aren't Zavvi, they monitor their account directly

Just stop buying high priced FACs. Once FA sees their sales go down and their warehouse fills up with excess inventory, they will have to lower prices to sell off their excess and lower prices on future releases.

I joined the GB w/o checking the price as well due to sleep deprivation. (BTW, thanks @Actarus for the heads up). That's a big jump in price from the Passengers steelbook only @ 699czk & FAC was 1200czk. That's 500czk extra for the goodies (n)

• Thanks
Reactions: harry and aj101097

What the hell? Do you know what happens to people who criticise something on their website/fansite etc? They lose their collector's number, get banned, cancelled pre-orders etc. I know a lot of people who have this experience....including myself. This has been happening on regular basis since March 2016. This company is CANCER in the world of collecting steelbooks and needs to be stopped.