Pirates of the Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

thewoe

#RestoreTheSnyderVerse
Premium Supporter
Dec 10, 2012
United Kingdom
Release date: October 2 , 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99
Note: Includes 3D version & title on the spine

IMG_2887.JPG

Unboxing & Comparison Video:

Attachments

• IMG_2888.JPG
    IMG_2888.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 854
Last edited:
Yeah I didn't even bother with this because it didn't match the others. I don't know why I ever bother with releases that may have a sequel in future as there's a 99% chance they'll change style when it happens. So fricking annoying :angry:.

The way i see it is... if its in a steelbook then it matches, Maybe not artwork wise but its still in a steely ;)

Is there actually a steelbook version without the title on the front? I know the German one has no title on the spine.
I bought the Aussi 4K amaray. My idea was to replace the blu-ray (or add it to) in the steelbook.
Otherwise I think I need to buy the 4K steelbook as well (best buy version).
Yes, the German steelbook here in this unboxing as one example:-

One part already arrived.....the Aussie 4K version. Now I have to wait for the German SteelBook to arrive!

2aa0nbr.jpg

I actually really enjoyed this one :) im biast though as i love the Pirates movies, its always a breath of fresh air after all the superhero movies.. and i say that as a massive superhero fan

I am a Pirates fan too, but I think they are getting a little bit boring now. The first 3 were great IMO. I will say it was miles better than the last Resident Evil and Underworld films.

• Thanks
Reactions: thewoe
The edition without the title looks amazing. In fact, one of the best looking steelbooks lately imo. I will use it as a complete box of all 'PotC' movies.

Really like the look of this steel but the title bugs the life out of me. Wish it was " dead men tell no tales " and I would have bought this. Don't fancy paying the money for the Best Buy one. Think the only way I'd buy this is if I got it from £15 and down. But maybe not be available long enough to drop to that price.

Really like the look of this steel but the title bugs the life out of me. Wish it was " dead men tell no tales " and I would have bought this. Don't fancy paying the money for the Best Buy one. Think the only way I'd buy this is if I got it from £15 and down. But maybe not be available long enough to drop to that price.

I believe there was mention about the version from Germany not having a title on the front.

Reactions: Aldo1892
The German version has no tittle. A few posts back there’s an unboxing video.

Looks great with all of the artwork glossed and embossed . . . not really necessary IMO for the background to be glossed too although the back could have done with something, that's for sure . . . always neat when the artwork is glossed and embossed separating it from the backdrop giving a more three dimensional aspect to the steelbook front:-
DMBY4NmUQAEXtg0.jpg:large

Open outside and inside:-
DMBY4NqV4AEJaKy.jpg:large

DMBY4ORVoAUg1oc.jpg:large

The three editions together . . . after due consideration my personal order of preference would be = (b) followed by (c) and lastly (a)
(a) Australia/Europe/Asia --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- (b) UK ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
upload_2017-10-15_0-37-58.png
upload_2017-10-15_0-39-45.png

-------------------------------------------------- (c) The Americas --------------------------------------------------

• Thanks
Reactions: oks and lgans316
Finally picked this up this week using the 12% off code on the German site.

Really nice steelbook and goes perfectly with the other POTC steelbooks in my collection.......

DSC06987 (Medium).JPG DSC06991 (Medium).JPG DSC06992 (Medium).JPG

• Thanks
Reactions: Hereticz
Finally picked this up this week using the 12% off code on the German site.

Really nice steelbook and goes perfectly with the other POTC steelbooks in my collection.......

View attachment 340771 View attachment 340772 View attachment 340773

Very nice. Although I think more fitable would be US BB as it´s more flat and full glossed as those first two beautiful steels :drool: but the EU embossed is also very nice of course.

Gotta finish this POTC collection as well in the future :coffee:

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012