Pirates of the Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

thewoe

#RestoreTheSnyderVerse
Premium Supporter
Dec 10, 2012
United Kingdom
Release date: October 2 , 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99
Note: Includes 3D version & title on the spine

IMG_2887.JPG

Unboxing & Comparison Video:

Attachments

• IMG_2888.JPG
    IMG_2888.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 857
Last edited:
Yet another Disney release being held back in the post system ? ...... hardly ever fail to get other releases on the Saturday from Zavvi yet Disney titles are a none arrival !

Yet another Disney release being held back in the post system ? ...... hardly ever fail to get other releases on the Saturday from Zavvi yet Disney titles are a none arrival !
It might be that Disney UK have release date restriction not to be delivered until release date
Even though dispatched emails was sent on Tuesday/Wednesday postal carriers can be told can be only delivered from a set date or they don't get actually shipped until a few days after dispatch emails are sent so they don't get delivered until Monday release date

That is what happened with Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Steelbook

Disney years ago use to often have release date restrictions looks like they started to do this again
A retailer that breaks a restriction release date rule can be fined by the distributor and have later releases not delivered to them until after release date

With the spine title :thumbs:and all that gorgeous embossing / spot glossing of the skull-and-crossbones :thumbs: this is the edition to get over the others announced.
Yes, not glossy all over like The Americas edition but makes up for it in ways already mentioned.

That being said the back of the Euro/Asia edition should definitely have had a full gloss finish.

For the same steelbook . . . with 4K . . . but with picture spine (n) here be the 4K edition from Asia (better pics posted elsewhere showing off the spot-gloss to better effect):-
upload_2017-9-30_17-42-11.png

DK85-xjV4AEgWAK.jpg:large

DK86AeYUIAA6xEt.jpg:large

Weren't these 'shipped' last week (Sept 26th I believe)? Has nobody in the UK received a copy yet?

Or is this yet another case of charging early and not actually dispatching on time?

Weren't these 'shipped' last week (Sept 26th I believe)? Has nobody in the UK received a copy yet?

Or is this yet another case of charging early and not actually dispatching on time?

I think they will start to arrive tomorrow

Looks like they charged but sent them 2 or 3 days later

It's more likely a Disney release date restriction not to be delivered until release date same would apply to high street shops cant sell stock until Monday 2 Oct
Postal carriers can be told hold parcels and not deliver until Monday or a delayed collection by postal carrier is done
That's what happened with guardians of the galaxy release
Use to be a regular thing years ago with Disney