Predator (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Black Barons Collection #17) [Czech Republic]

carllenc

Premium Supporter
Oct 22, 2011
Czech Republic
Release date: October 4, 2018
Purchase link: Filmarena
Price: 899 CZK
Group buy: hosted by carllenc 2D/3D (1 Disc) - 2D/3D/4K (2 Discs)

received_2297954333554441.jpeg

74B8DEF3-D87B-4738-9B3F-49681C890113.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan from Film Arena replied to my question about is this going to be the pop art steelbook

This was his reply
No, I was not talking about pop arts. I meant WEA steelbooks

Paul, I think you should've spelled it out for him. Because these new Predator & Fight Club steelbooks we're getting are not "Pop Art", they're a series of steelbooks with... abstract artwork, but not Pop Art. Pop Art is those Ghostbusters steelbooks for instance.

And so as someone for whom English isn't the first language, Jan may have mixed up WEA and WWA— he just knew he wouldn't use Pop Art steelbooks (but again, that's because those aren't Pop Art steelbooks).

I mean, it's too big of a coincidence that we get new Fight Club and Predator steelbooks in 2017 and now, a few weeks before they're released, FA somehow decides to have world exclusive art steelbooks for those two films.

But hopefully I'm wrong and 20th Century FOX did decide to greenlight (at last!) a new steelbook for Fight Club at the same time as they include another Fight Club steelbook in a series with 'minimalistic' art.

Reactions: sunnyx
Predator as FAC, sounds terrific, WEA Artwork sounds awesome! So I really hope this will not be the ugly Pop-Art or whatever they are called that are currently available for preorder on amazon, because I really dislike these and don`t want them in my collection.

Paul, I think you should've spelled it out for him. Because these new Predator & Fight Club steelbooks we're getting are not "Pop Art", they're a series of steelbooks with... abstract artwork, but not Pop Art. Pop Art is those Ghostbusters steelbooks for instance.

And so as someone for whom English isn't the first language, Jan may have mixed up WEA and WWA— he just knew he wouldn't use Pop Art steelbooks (but again, that's because those aren't Pop Art steelbooks).

I mean, it's too big of a coincidence that we get new Fight Club and Predator steelbooks in 2017 and now, a few weeks before they're released, FA somehow decides to have world exclusive art steelbooks for those two films.

But hopefully I'm wrong and 20th Century FOX did decide to greenlight (at last!) a new steelbook for Fight Club at the same time as they include another Fight Club steelbook in a series with 'minimalistic' art.
Jan knows what WEA means :rofl:

I have to confess I've seen the original Exorcist and even the dire Richard Burton follow up but I never knew there was a 3rd one until this conversation.

Watch it mate. It will grip, and frighen the bejahasus out of you. To me it makes the original look like a sunday school outing. Great film, and penned by Blatty himself.

p.s. if you haven't seen the other two films I mention - highly recommended - especially Castle Keep.

I'm only going to happy when we see the actual steel. Didn't Jan mention something about not doing Trainspotting? Again that is an awful orange steel from the the same wave of releases.

It might be the fact that this new wave of popart/minimalist art is being released and discs are being produced hence FA puts in an order of the discs only without the steels themselves and then order their own steels? maybe thats why we are seeing things around the same time as these rubbish artwork steels?

It might be the fact that this new wave of popart/minimalist art is being released and discs are being produced hence FA puts in an order of the discs only without the steels themselves and then order their own steels? maybe thats why we are seeing things around the same time as these rubbish artwork steels?
I hope you're right

Glad to hear it won't those recent "Pop Art" steels. Can't wait to see which artwork they actually go for! :)

Watch it mate. It will grip, and frighen the bejahasus out of you. To me it makes the original look like a sunday school outing. Great film, and penned by Blatty himself.

p.s. if you haven't seen the other two films I mention - highly recommended - especially Castle Keep.
Ths may be neither here nor there, beut when reading the synopsis for Castle Keep, it reminded me of anothe great war film: A Midinght Clear. A must see. Also set in WW2 and the Ardennes...
Also a surrealistic war film. Love that film. Incredible cast: Gary Sinese, Ethan Hawke, Kevin Dillon, Arye Gross, Frank Whaley, Peter Berg, John C. McGinley. Cinematography by the great indie DP Tom Richmond...

Last edited:
Arrggghhhhh the doubt is starting to grind me. Like I said in my previous post, it is a big coincidence that they are doing a FAC of these 2 when we know that those rubbish steels are due to be released next year, but I have faith in Paul that Jan has said it is WEA and that he knows the difference.
But I'm still nervous now.
For the love of God, close the thread until we know what's what, coz I might develop a nervous disposition! :rofl::LOL:

Arrggghhhhh the doubt is starting to grind me. Like I said in my previous post, it is a big coincidence that they are doing a FAC of these 2 when we know that those rubbish steels are due to be released next year, but I have faith in Paul that Jan has said it is WEA and that he knows the difference.
But I'm still nervous now.
For the love of God, close the thread until we know what's what, coz I might develop a nervous disposition! :rofl::LOL:
Putting that green monstrosity in a FAC slip would be like pooping in a silk bag....