Rate the Movie You Recently Watched

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Use the Ninjas for rating (copy and paste)

Half Ninja = Terrible

HalfN.png

1 Ninja = Poor
1N.png

2 Ninjas = Ok
1N.png
1N.png

3 Ninjas = Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

4 Ninjas = Very Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

5 Ninjas = Excellent
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

movieratings.jpg
movierate.jpg

Last edited:
Oh - I get it! When I had my first film score in a theater, I sat at the back of the house and manually tweaked the sound!
The sad truth is - most of the time people are not watching at home correctly. (Most people don't calibrate their TV for sound and picture). And the one that kills me - most people use the "vivid" setting that blows out the picture.
Rule of thumb: When you have a blank (black) screen (like before or after credits) - It should look like your TV is OFF. Blowing out black levels is usually the first thing people screw up.
oh - and Motion Smoothing on TVs should be outlawed by penalty of death. (It is creating frames that NEVER EXISTED. It is as much a crime as pan and scan)
Thanks for that little info, i havent really calibrated my TV either. :sorry: I remember tweaking certain settings but it wasnt a proper calibration.
At least i dont use 'Vivid'. The only time i remember using it was for a video game that was wayy too dark.

Thanks for that little info, i havent really calibrated my TV either. :sorry: I remember tweaking certain settings but it wasnt a proper calibration.
At least i dont use 'Vivid'. The only time i remember using it was for a video game that was wayy too dark.
Well, you can tweak to suit your aesthic. And there really is no perfection.
There is no calibration where you are truly "done". In a perfect world, you recalibrate for every film.
Remember, all transfers are not identical. A bad transfer might be too bright or too dark - so you tweak.
I am constantly readjusting the picture movie by movie. There is no "done".;)

Well, you can tweak to suit your aesthic. And there really is no perfection.
There is no calibration where you are truly "done". In a perfect world, you recalibrate for every film.
Remember, all transfers are not identical. A bad transfer might be too bright or too dark - so you tweak.
I am constantly readjusting the picture movie by movie. There is no "done".;)
Ahh man. Well i dont even have time to watch all the movies (and rewatch in some cases) let alone calibrate for every movie :LOL:

Reactions: C.C. 95