Rate the Movie You Recently Watched

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Use the Ninjas for rating (copy and paste)

Half Ninja = Terrible

HalfN.png

1 Ninja = Poor
1N.png

2 Ninjas = Ok
1N.png
1N.png

3 Ninjas = Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

4 Ninjas = Very Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

5 Ninjas = Excellent
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

movieratings.jpg
movierate.jpg

Last edited:
Are you sure it's called Nerve? Not Focus? Because the only movie besides Suicide Squad that stars Will & Margot is called Focus. Nerve stars Dave Franco & Emma Roberts ;)

I was pleasantly surprised by Kill Command as well. Felt like a good video game adaptation. What's funny is these movies that are not based on video games (example - Kill Command & The Call Up) seems to be better than movies that are based on actual video games. May be Hollywood should rip a page from these indie films?

Thanks, bud! I don't know why I keep mixing up those titles. :hilarious:

And I totally agree with you. Almost always, movies that are inspired by games are WAY better than the ones actually based on games. Maybe because there's no source material to compare?

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing
The Good Die Young 1954
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

This is a British Film noir about a crime caper that goes wrong. Wont spoil it for anyone but if you ever wondered what is the basis for Pulp Fiction this is the film. So many elements lifted from this classic British thriller. A film I would dearly love to see on blu-ray and since Joan Collins is still alive and kicking, her thoughts would be very very welcome.

The Good Die Young 1954
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

This is a British Film noir about a crime caper that goes wrong. Wont spoil it for anyone but if you ever wondered what is the basis for Pulp Fiction this is the film. So many elements lifted from this classic British thriller. A film I would dearly love to see on blu-ray and since Joan Collins is still alive and kicking, her thoughts would be very very welcome.
For real?! Damn, I definitely need to check that one out then... Pulp Fiction is in my top 5 of all-time.

For real?! Damn, I definitely need to check that one out then... Pulp Fiction is in my top 5 of all-time.

Seriously. Tarantino admitted in an interview a few years back that as well as the killing The Good Die Young was also an influence and it's not hard to see why. A bunch of crooks who do a heist in which one of them is a nutter. Watch the film, there are serious similarities to the Tarantino classic........ And strangely enough the novel on which the Good Die Young was based was originally set in America but they couldn't get any American backers for the film so it was made in the UK...... In fact check both Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs and you can see The Good Die Young is 85% Reservoir Dogs and 15% Pulp Fiction.

Off Course you have Assault on Pelham 123 and Captain Scarlet as well for influences but it doesn't really mater as the films come into their own......

The Eyes of Laura Mars (1978)

So I finally saw this 70's film which had John Carpenter story and screenplay, though it's not quite the vision Carpenter had, since it went trough a lot of changes. Irvin Kershner as director and actors like Faye Dunaway, Tommy Lee Jones, Brad Dourif. There's some reminiscent to Italian giallo, like Mario Bava's Blood and Black Lace. Eyes of Laura Mars is a bit mixed bag and average as a thriller.

IMG_2757_1.jpg

1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Son of Batman (2014)

1n-png.127234
halfn-png.127233

I'm usually on board with most of the DC animated movies but I did not like this one at all. Just felt sort of clunky or something & I found myself only half interested by the 20 minute mark.

• Thanks
Get Out (2017)
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

God damn this is a good movie. I'd go so far as to say its in my top 5 of the year so far!

Jordan Peele is definitely a horror movie director to watch for the future!

• Thanks
Jason and the Argonauts 1963
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

Simply the pinnacle of Ray Harryhausen's career. A flawless display of action, adventure and special effects. You could not make the film any better today. If's it's amazing even now, what must it have been like for a 1963 audience?. Who needs CGI?

Last edited:
  • Thanks
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974)
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

Sure, its a classic but I think its legacy surpasses its actual quality. Its fine but I feel its definitely over-hyped.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 (1986)
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
halfn-png.127233

First time watch on this one & I enjoyed it! I'd rate it above the first one, but I do get that by the time it came out so much had happened in horror that it was sort of run of the mill, whereas the first hadn't really been seen before.

• Thanks