Rate the Movie You Recently Watched

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Use the Ninjas for rating (copy and paste)

Half Ninja = Terrible

HalfN.png

1 Ninja = Poor
1N.png

2 Ninjas = Ok
1N.png
1N.png

3 Ninjas = Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

4 Ninjas = Very Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

5 Ninjas = Excellent
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

movieratings.jpg
movierate.jpg

Last edited:
It loses half a ninja, because the Title (and the dialog) keep forgetting the article "THE".:naughty::p
:LOL:

I'd actually never heard of that film until a mate recently told me about it... I genuinely thought he was talking about Room (2015) to begin with too, which had me super confused for a while lol.

Reactions: C.C. 95
Dont Breathe (2016)
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
halfn-png.127233

Shutter Island (2010)
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
halfn-png.127233

Get Out (2017)
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

The Edge of Seventeen (2016)
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

La La Land (2016)
- I know many people loved this, but for me it was a musical version of Cafe Society; a good movie regardless. I guess I was a bit underwhelmed...
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
halfn-png.127233

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and C.C. 95
IMG_4385.JPG

IMG_4388.PNG
IMG_4388.PNG
IMG_4388.PNG
IMG_4388.PNG
IMG_4393.JPG

Full disclosure: I am not a Star Wars fan. Never have been. And not for lack of trying. My best friend of 30 years is a die hard SW fan and cinephile like myself - and our opinions on films are 99% identical.
Except with Star Wars.
In his honor (and out of respect for him and his opinion) I rewatch the original trilogy every few years to try to see if I might feel that "magic" that so many feel with this series.
I never do.
I still know everything there is to know about the universe, and all the people who made the films, and admired many of the great contributions to the art of film... I even agreed from a distance that Empire was empirically (no pun intended) the best of the series.
I have forever been (in a friendly way) snarkily making jabs at the series and waxing about how it just doesn't do it for me, and generally probably p*ssing some people off.:LOL:;)
And so now, I must continue to piss off the SW fans in a most surprising way:
ROGUE ONE is the BEST of all the Star Wars films. Yep. Better than Empire.:wow:
See? I can't win for losing!:rofl:
But, holistically, It is the most "solid" to the core SW film (acting, story, pace, thrills, etc.).
Sure, original trilogy is "great" - but the acting blows and the story and dialog are B grade.
Believe me - I am as surprised as anyone!
Sure, there are a few silly things I can blast away at - but mostly minor.
I think all SW fans should thank their lucky stars that Vader got a great exit....And if Disney doesn't let Vader end there... they are morons!
So there it is. I really loved it.
But, I still suck because I said it was the best of the bunch, right?:naughty::LOL:

Last edited:
View attachment 308858
View attachment 308861View attachment 308861 View attachment 308861 View attachment 308861 View attachment 308866
Full disclosure: I am not a Star Wars fan. Never have been. And not for lack of trying. My best friend of 30 years is a die hard SW fan and cinephile like myself - and our opinions on films are 99% identical.
Except with Star Wars.
In his honor (and out of respect for him and his opinion) I rewatch the original trilogy every few years to try to see if I might feel that "magic" that so many feel with this series.
I never do.
I still know everything there is to know about the universe, and all the people who made the films, and admired many of the great contributions to the art of film... I even agreed from a distance that Empire was empirically (no pun intended) the best of the series.
I have forever been (in a friendly way) snarkily making jabs at the series and waxing about how it just doesn't do it for me, and generally probably p*ssing some people off.:LOL:;)
But, holistically, It is the most "solid" to the core SW film (acting, story, pace, thrills, etc.).
Sure, original trilogy is "great" - but the acting blows and the story and dialog are B grade.
I think all SW fans should thank their lucky stars that Vader got a great exit....And if Disney doesn't let Vader end there... they are morons!
But, I still suck because I said it was the best of the bunch, right?:naughty::LOL:
**Shoutout to all those who loved ROUGE ONE.:hilarious:
IMG_4400.JPG

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing
[/QUOTE]

I agree. I loved Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back but for me the rest stink especially those dire 3 trilogy. prequels. I always thought those 3 should been the winners of the Golden Raspberry awards for their respective years. Rogue One was something that most of the rest of the Star Wars films are not. Superb film making that anyone can enjoy. I was watching Rogue One and going "This is Star Wars?". Would rather see a sequel to this or another way like this that a sequel to The dire The Force Awakens ( a seriously wasted opportunity!)

So you are not alone. (Please no we are a loan jokes!)

Reactions: C.C. 95
I agree. I loved Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back but for me the rest stink especially those dire 3 trilogy. prequels. I always thought those 3 should been the winners of the Golden Raspberry awards for their respective years. Rogue One was something that most of the rest of the Star Wars films are not. Superb film making that anyone can enjoy. I was watching Rogue One and going "This is Star Wars?". Would rather see a sequel to this or another way like this that a sequel to The dire The Force Awakens ( a seriously wasted opportunity!)

So you are not alone. (Please no we are a loan jokes!)
Thanks!
Let me make one addendum to my review:
My praise for ROGUE ONE being better the original Trilogy films, TFA, etc. has absolutely ZERO to do with improved technology in filmmaking tools in the last 40 years. It has to do with story, structure, acting, execution.
It has nothing to do with BETTER Special Effects. (Special Effects can never make a bad movie good- just ask Warcraft)
Just wanted to make that clear!:thumbs:

View attachment 308858
View attachment 308861View attachment 308861 View attachment 308861 View attachment 308861 View attachment 308866
Except with Star Wars.
I never do.
Glad you were finally able to fully enjoy a Star Wars movie. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95 and tridon
View attachment 308858
Except with Star Wars.
I never do.

**Shoutout to all those who loved ROUGE ONE.:hilarious:
View attachment 308868

I too find that Rogue One is better. And I'd add that TFA is just as good. These two are my favorite of the franchise.

Thanks!
Let me make one addendum to my review:
My praise for ROGUE ONE being better the original Trilogy films, TFA, etc. has absolutely ZERO to do with improved technology in filmmaking tools in the last 40 years. It has to do with story, structure, acting, execution.
It has nothing to do with BETTER Special Effects. (Special Effects can never make a bad movie good- just ask Warcraft)
Just wanted to make that clear!:thumbs:

This is probably the most shocking thing that I've heard since the announcement of an Emoji Movie.
Or Matthew Vaughan directing a sequel to one of his films... xD

I thought that Rogue One was a horribly directed film.
Hollow, shallow, devoid of any character or life. The moments of "wow" only proved to insult me further because nothing stemming from this movie proved exciting in any way. All the "excitement" from the action sequences of this film were mere reminders of things that originated from much better films. It's very interesting to see someone like Rogue One while having no feelings of nostalgia for the Original Trilogy.

And while I am a Star Wars fan, I do fancy myself a critic able to distance myself from franchise that I like in order to see them objectively, and as a film- Rogue One made no sense. Character regression, plot points that have no forbearance on the story, horrendously blank acting, laughable dialogue, and an absolute lack of anything resembling a solid narrative made me leave the theatre disappointed the first time watching the film- and actually forced me to walk out of the film midway through my second viewing.

Last edited by a moderator: